Mass Effect 3's Ending Was Intended To Polarize

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Fans: You spit in our faces!
Hudson: Don't worry. We planned to spit in your faces since the very beginning.

This will not end well. Bioware is in the end of "EA cycle". In other words, there will be 1 more game and 1 more MMO and then studio will be closed. It happened many times, look at C&C devs fate for example.

m72_ar

Oct 27, 2010
Yeah, that's the thing with the ending he's basically lying to us since day, they say all of your decision from ME 1 means something and will affect the ending. It doesn't

and I spent 30 hours last year engineering my ME2 saves for nothing.

If they don't want to resolve all the different possibilities based on your choice from ME1 to ME3, they should've end the game when Hackett says you know what. If they end it there they get the mindfuck ending they want they tie up the ending very neatly

sifffffff

Oct 28, 2011
Divisive would imply there was a significant split between people who liked the ending and people who didn't. From what I've seen online and in conversations with IRL almost everyone thinks the ending sucked.

It's bad when you have "biodrones" like myself agreeing with people who just like to hate on Bioware about something.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
aftohsix said:
From what I've seen online and in conversations with IRL almost everyone thinks the ending sucked.
That's because the ending did suck. The only people who liked the ending are the ones to thick to understand that it didn't make sense at all. If they understood it would drive them insane.

balberoy

Aug 19, 2011
Okay,
after this news it is as clear as glass.

"If you want the "REAL" ending of a game BUY THE F...ing DLC!"

Sry but thats what they say. This is 100% a ripoff. I chose not to support those
a..clowns of EA and Bioware.

When so many people are so outraged because hits, just don't buy their games!
This would send the right message to them, but many people con't care and buy.

I really resepct TotalHalibut with his oponion on his channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM&list=LLnPuE3Nc7IkfTq2LZt2q7ow&index=2&feature=plpp_video

I really hoped more people would support us "true" gamers in this way.
We are no sheep EA can herd and extord to no end.

At least I hope we are not...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You know what else is memorable, Mr. Hudson? Having a bottle rocket go off in your face.

But then what else is he supposed to say? "We're sorry, but we just didn't have enough budget or manpower to accomplish every possible ending depended on the choices you made in all three game."

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Lord_Gremlin said:
Hudson: Don't worry. We planned to spit in your faces since the very beginning.

This will not end well. Bioware is in the end of "EA cycle". In other words, there will be 1 more game and 1 more MMO and then studio will be closed. It happened many times, look at C&C devs fate for example.
Somehow, when I read that, all I can think is:

Hudson: Ah yes, "fans", we have dismissed that claim.

But, yeah, Bioware was doomed, as soon as they decided to make TOR completely voice acted. Fastest growing MMO of all time? Still failing to live up to expectations? There was no way they'd survive that.

aftohsix said:
Divisive would imply there was a significant split between people who liked the ending and people who didn't. From what I've seen online and in conversations with IRL almost everyone thinks the ending sucked.

It's bad when you have "biodrones" like myself agreeing with people who just like to hate on Bioware about something.
The real irony is, I'm with you on this, and I'm part of that weird camp that actually really liked Dragon Age 2.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
The one thing that bothers me the most about this is that they haven't even addressed the massive plot holes the ending raised. Fine, don't give us any closure if that makes you think it's memorable (as opposed to awful), but at least have it make some damn sense, and make it have some meaning.

All three endings were completely identical save for a palette swap. On top of that, why were characters that were with me on the ground (who could have been dead for all I knew) suddenly back on the freaking Normandy?!? And what was the point of them crashing on some jungle world?

Also, no matter which end you choose the damn relays blow up! Oh wait, even THAT isn't completely clear, but we do know at least the Sol Relay blew up. So great, now all those armies are stuck on Earth, which is in ruins. Oh no wait, blowing up a relay releases enough energy to destroy an entire solar system. So...Earth is destroyed? Along with everyone that was there? Do we need to explain your own lore to you Mr. Hudson?

kurokenshi

Sep 2, 2009
It's not the Epic ending we wanted and definitely not the ending the series deserved!

But I agree they should leave it alone, if nothing more than a constant reminder of how they lied(and yes they did, http://masseffect.com/about/story/%22 the interactive storytelling part) and cheated their loyal fans.
So goodluck to Bioware for the future your going to need it.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
So you didn't want your ending to be forgettable Mr Hudson? Well somebody taking a shit on my favourite book wouldn't be forgettable, still doesn't mean it's any good.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
The only thing that annoys me is that people would pay for what they see as a fix to the endings. Call it entitled if you like, but if a company does something wrong, you don't reward them.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
I like how BioWare's PR are answering all the cries of their "fans",they might as well embrace the publicity,because according to EA: any publicity is good publicity.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Wait, what? Did I read this right?

"I didn't want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people-debating what the endings mean and what's going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in"
Hmm, well, good job, mission accomplished. Though, the saying, "theres no such thing as bad publicity" is a falicy.

Though honestly, even while I havent played the game, Ive already come to the conclusion that nothings going to change, and Ive played games with worse endings.

*Edit*

Daystar Clarion said:
The ending just didn't make any sense, the logic involved was just terrible...

That is both awesome and sad... Awesome for the obvious reasons (YMMV) and sad because that makes barely any sense from a even barely logical standpoint.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
They, MEANT to do this? What...the...FUCK?! I heard that the upcoming DLC is supposed to make my opinion do a total 180, and while it's not impossible these guys have set a DAMN high bar for that. If they can pull it off, great, if they can't, I don't think I want anything to do with Bioware for awhile.

You wanted me to remember it? Why is it the people seem to think that they only way to make a memorable ending is to pull an "Evangelion"? Mordin, Thane, and Legion all died, four homeworlds were sacked, and countless genocides were carried out inbetween. WHY ISN'T THAT TRAGIC ENOUGH!?

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
erttheking said:
They, MEANT to do this? What...the...FUCK?! I heard that the upcoming DLC is supposed to make my opinion do a total 180, and while it's not impossible these guys have set a DAMN high bar for that. If they can pull it off, great, if they can't, I don't think I want anything to do with Bioware for awhile.
Out of curiosity, where did you hear about the upcoming DLC?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Even if they make a DLC that fixes the ending, ME3 is still the last game I ever bought from Bioware. Enough is enough. What EA managed to do with Bioware must be some kind of record. From one of the most beloved developers they created one of the most hated developers in a matter of days. And I wouldn't mind if EA they closed down their studio. Maybe that has to happen for other good developers to realize they should never get into bed with those greedy assholes. Bioware we once knew and loved is finished.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Starke said:
erttheking said:
Out of curiosity, where did you hear about the upcoming DLC?
Here and there, some Bioware guy made a twitter post about it I think. I want it to be good but my cynicism levels are unusually high as of late. It doesn't help that there are a lot of rumors that we're just going back to Omega.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I guess that's not good enough for all the fans who played through all three games never being responsible for a single death or bad deed that they couldn't prevent, and then in the last gasps of the plot, having to actually sacrifice something. I bet most of them would have chosen based on how Paragon or Renegade it was if it had values assigned.