Mass Effect 4

Mittens The Kitten

Dec 19, 2010
Sheppard's story has been to stop the reapers, with his(her) story coming to a close in the upcoming ME3, i'm excited to see what happens next.
What do you guys feel would be an effective use of the ME intellectual property now? What new places, locations, stories, timelines or playstyles should the next game (and there WILL be a next game) toy around with?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
We all know perfectly well if they do anything with the ME property going forward, it will be some type of MMO. Me...I want to be an Elcor Infiltrator.

Dec 14, 2009
For a start, it won't be Mass Effect 4 (at least I hope they'd be more imaginative with a title).

There's a whole universe at their fingertips, I'm sure it'll be great.

Unless EA, in all their franchise ruining idiocy, run it into the shitter.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Here's to hoping it'll finally be an example of a franchise calling it quits when it should.

I know, I'm hopelessly optimistic.

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
I don't really know exactly how to describe it. However, In the Kasumi DLC, Donovan Hock starts talking about how all the guest, all criminals or mercenaries in some capacity, are the ones who keep the galaxy running. We've seen glimpses of corruption through shepard's story, but I think it would be interesting to explore this aspect, as a member of C-Sec or something of the like. I can't really explain it that well.

I would also like the option to experience the world as something other than a human. similar to DA:eek:rigins where you had a different origin, before you entered the main game.

Hopefully, I got my point across. If anyone is unclear, I'll be happy to clarify more, if possible.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I'd like a system similar to Dragon Age Origins, where we get a separate origin depending on what species we choose to play as. A quarian would be leaving on pilgrimage for example, or a turian would be a C-Sec enforcer, or a batarian would be working security for Aria on Omega. Either way, whoever we play as, we end up serving aboard a rust bucket ship, running jobs on the slightly illegal side.

Basically, it should be the Mass Effect version of Firefly, to give us a glimpse of the less glamourous side of galactic life, moreso than ME2 showed us. A darker tone would be nice too, sort of a cross between the current ME visual style, crossed with the new Deus Ex colour scheme in places.

As for the ship, it could be something like a converted garbage scow. While I'd love for them to introduce a space flight mechanic like Freelancer or the X games, but that's highly unlikely, so the galaxy map should make a return, but it should look more run down, possibly flickering at times.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
For a start, it won't be Mass Effect 4 (at least I hope they'd be more imaginative with a title).
Yeah, like Mass Effect: Revolution or Mass Effect: Reborn
Something only a genious could come up with.

OT: I'm just holding out that it won't be another shameless attempt at making a popular game series spew out more money. If they could actually DO something with the franchise instead of sterring it into a black hole i'll be satisfied.

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
scnj said:
I'd like a system similar to Dragon Age Origins, where we get a separate origin depending on what species we choose to play as. A quarian would be leaving on pilgrimage for example, or a turian would be a C-Sec enforcer, or a batarian would be working security for Aria on Omega. Either way, whoever we play as, we end up serving aboard a rust bucket ship, running jobs on the slightly illegal side.

Basically, it should be the Mass Effect version of Firefly, to give us a glimpse of the less glamourous side of galactic life, moreso than ME2 showed us. A darker tone would be nice too, sort of a cross between the current ME visual style, crossed with the new Deus Ex colour scheme in places.

As for the ship, it could be something like a converted garbage scow. While I'd love for them to introduce a space flight mechanic like Freelancer or the X games, but that's highly unlikely, so the galaxy map should make a return, but it should look more run down, possibly flickering at times.
This. This is what I want. I discarded my comment completely in exchange for this.

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
I dunno, maybe a flight sim starring Joker? I can see that working. Release it for $20 on the XBLA and PSN. That would be fun.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
We all know perfectly well if they do anything with the ME property going forward, it will be some type of MMO. Me...I want to be an Elcor Infiltrator.
Now that is something I would love to see.

Or a volus biotic. Just more powerful than Niftu Cal.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Kargathia said:
Here's to hoping it'll finally be an example of a franchise calling it quits when it should.

Sorry to dash your hopes but they've already confirmed on multiple occasions that they're continuing the franchise.. but Shepard wont be playing a part.

Anyway i possibly see some kind of MMO (althought i imagine not any time soon while Bioware are dealing with TOR)
Also possibly some kind of rts with epic space combat would be awesome, although unlikely.
Some kind of fps spin-off cash grab could happen.
Or we could have the action rpg we have now, just in a different setting/time period.. maybe the first contact war.

Pojo-san

Sep 21, 2010
To be honest, I would prefer it if they just left he series alone after ME3. I don't mind if the release DLC such as new missions or weapons, but I don't want them to release another game altogether. I have seen too many good game series' ruined by crappy sequels just because they could make money off of it(Pokemon and Okami to name a few). I'm just worried that they will do the same.

Besides they already are doing something with ME franchise. They are going to make an animated Mass Effect movie. I'm cautiously hopeful about that.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Ilikemilkshake said:
Kargathia said:

Sorry to dash your hopes but they've already confirmed on multiple occasions that they're continuing the franchise.. but Shepard wont be playing a part.

Anyway i possibly see some kind of MMO (althought i imagine not any time soon while Bioware are dealing with TOR)
Also possibly some kind of rts with epic space combat would be awesome, although unlikely.
Some kind of fps spin-off cash grab could happen.
Or we could have the action rpg we have now, just in a different setting/time period.. maybe the first contact war.
Guess I haven't ventured out from under my rock often enough. It could certainly qualify though by cutting out the Shepard storyline, while preserving the universe. (no pun intended)

Mass Effect 6: the Return of the Revenge of the Reapers would get slightly corny.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
new story
new character
new setting (perseus veil?)

an MMO would suit the universe well, but would require a HUGE budget.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
The Mass Effect universe seems like the next best place for a continuation of the desperately needed Battlefront style of gameplay. And without George Lucas using their budget for snacks, they shouldn't have any impediments to making something like that.

Zachary Thornburg

Aug 28, 2011
They should have DLC where you play as a Quarian though the Geth Revolution, A Turian In the Krogan Rebellions, Or a Krogan in the Rachni Wars. Something along those lines.