Mass Effect Andromeda's gameplay footage leaked.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Sheria said:
There was only one decent Mass Effect: The first one. You're comment on Bioware and its games is both laughable and Incorrect.
Oh don't start. He has an opinion you don't. That's it. Talking about someone's opinion being "incorrect" proves nothing.

And it's your, not you're.

Oct 22, 2011
Sheria said:
There was only one decent Mass Effect: The first one. You're comment on Bioware and its games is both laughable and Incorrect.
You may argue on how much rpg there is in Mass Effect, but i'll take ME2's more actiony approach over first ME's clunky combat and horrible inventory anyday.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
MrCalavera said:
Sheria said:
You may argue on how much rpg there is in Mass Effect, but i'll take ME2's more actiony approach over first ME's clunky combat and horrible inventory anyday.
The only thing I want back from Mass Effect 1 is the Mako driving missions (or any vehicle replacing the Mako)

I want to explore whole planets like we did in Mass Effect 1, like Star Trek. Yeah the Planets in the first game were all barren but man it could have been improved upon with each sequal giving us more variety in each Planet.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Bob_McMillan said:
But why oh why do we need "jet packs"? It feels like every single developer thinks that double jumps and boosts are somehow the most next gen and innovative things ever.

CoD has it, Halo has it, Doom has it, Fallout kinda had it, Titanfall has it, Battlefront has it, etc.

To me, the presence of it in Mass Effect is worrying. It is a third person shooter heavily reliant on cover mechanics, when you throw in verticality and jetpacks, how will that affect the combat? It might be cookie cutter, but I actually enjoy Mass Effect's combat.
It could add a vertical element to combat. Combat in Mass Effect always tended to take place on a mostly horizontal plane, and while I personally enjoyed it a lot (at least in 2 and 3), I wouldn't complain about them adding some strategies that provide vertical advantages over the enemy (or have to fight against them). There's also always the option of it being more for exploration than combat, which would be a welcome addition to Mass Effect after most exploration was removed in 2 and 3.

As for the footage itself: I hope it is legit and not an April Fools prank. I honestly have been dreading the idea of a return to the Mass Effect universe. Part of me just wants the trilogy to be self-contained since I loved it so much and don't want expanding the universe to retroactively ruin the first three games. But after seeing this, I realize how much I really miss being a part of the Mass Effect universe and learning as much about it as possible.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Samtemdo8 said:
MrCalavera said:
Sheria said:
The only thing I want back from Mass Effect 1 is the Mako driving missions (or any vehicle replacing the Mako)

I want to explore whole planets like we did in Mass Effect 1, like Star Trek. Yeah the Planets in the first game were all barren but man it could have been improved upon with each sequal giving us more variety in each Planet.
Yeah , they did an overhaul on a lot of things when they really could just have been polished. The Mako was fun for the first one or two missions, it could have used more variety and less barren planets

They also scrapped the overheat mechanic, which was probably the only good thing about combat in the first game, forcing you to be strategic about how you pulled the trigger

Yes ME2 was definitely an improvement but it made it far more generic

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Not really a gameplay trailer. I mean, technically, it counts as gameplay footage with about ten seconds of it, but most of it'[s just showing off effects. I came in here with pretty low expections, it being a Bioware game, anbd still found them not met.

Since it's a leak (and maybe a joke), I guess I can't hold it against Bioware.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I wish I could find an image or video to use for something like this. It just needs to be a ridiculously long and drawn out "meh" or "eh".

Yeah, this is about as meh as meh can be. Nothing that new about it and it looks exactly like the past two games.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
From what I hear, Andromeda's multiplayer component will adopt a model very similar to MGS5 forward operating bases.

OT; It's a new game engine yes, but they have to uniform the look for our less evolved console brethren. I think that the models look very much the same is because they are the ones from ME3.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Samtemdo8 said:
But anyway I just feel Dragon Age is suffering a Gameplay Identity Crisis. Each 3 games play radically different from each other.

Say what you will at least Mass Effect from 1 all the way to 3 still "FELT" Like Mass Effect.
For its many sins I didn't think the controls of Dragon Age II were one of them. Putting the lack of camera control aside, the game played the same as the first one on both PC and console (once they patched auto-attack back in on the latter). Inquisition however didn't even feel to me as if it were part of the same franchise.

For me however the combat in the first game remains the best of the series, a minority opinion I know. I always had options available and each class could be made god-like by the end. The next two games though just threw the balance completely in favour of the guns and the less said about making ammo types a power the better.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
nomotog said:
That is too true. I hated inquisition's openness. It was grindy and kept you from the story.
sanquin said:
I liked inquisition's open world. But you're right, it did detract from the main story quite a bit.
Dragon Age Inquisition does not have an "open world". It has a large number of chunky zones, populated with fields of mobs and static points of interest, like every low rent MMO on the market. The catastrophically silly load times take away from any feeling of "openness" as well.

It's no more "open" than the first two games, their desire to ride the wave of Skyrim's popularity notwithstanding. You can't just say you have an "open world", Bioware, you have to actually do it.

votemarvel said:
For me however the combat in the first game remains the best of the series, a minority opinion I know. I always had options available and each class could be made god-like by the end. The next two games though just threw the balance completely in favour of the guns and the less said about making ammo types a power the better.
I wouldn't say that's a minority opinion, although DA:O lucked into good combat by accident due to borked difficulty settings on release that made it surprisingly crunchy and tactical. Once Awakenings hit and they smoothed everything out, it became piss easy, and all you were left with was terrible animations and control. DA2 had smoother combat that felt better and was occasionally challenging in its own right, but was hamstrung by immersion shattering "enemy waves" that felt very arcade-y. DA:I moved into the "ye olde bag of hit points" school of difficulty balancing, felt more tedious and clodgy than DA2, and was as anti-fun as almost everything else in that exercise in mediocrity.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
votemarvel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
But anyway I just feel Dragon Age is suffering a Gameplay Identity Crisis. Each 3 games play radically different from each other.

Say what you will at least Mass Effect from 1 all the way to 3 still "FELT" Like Mass Effect.
For its many sins I didn't think the controls of Dragon Age II were one of them. Putting the lack of camera control aside, the game played the same as the first one on both PC and console (once they patched auto-attack back in on the latter). Inquisition however didn't even feel to me as if it were part of the same franchise.

The Combat of Dragon Age Origins is the same as the old DnD video games with pause and play?

How is it terrible? And the combat is made for PC in mind.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
BloatedGuppy said:
Dragon Age Inquisition does not have an "open world". It has a large number of chunky zones, populated with fields of mobs and static points of interest, like every low rent MMO on the market. The catastrophically silly load times take away from any feeling of "openness" as well.

It's no more "open" than the first two games, their desire to ride the wave of Skyrim's popularity notwithstanding. You can't just say you have an "open world", Bioware, you have to actually do it.
Open world means you get an open area where you can move around freely and complete objectives at your discretion. Which certainly applies to Inquisition. I think you're thinking of sandbox games.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
I forget where I saw the source, but according to some interview, Andromeda is gonna be a spiritual successor to ME1 which if actually true and not bullshit marketing or the source is wrong, then that would make me sooooo hyped.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Corey Schaff said:
Joseph Harrison said:
I don't think something can be a spiritual successor if it has the same name. So either that means the source is bs...or it's totally true and Marketing is mangling another term -_-.
Here's the source, again not sure at it's authenticity, its just some user's comment on NeoGaf, but I think they mean that the game is trying to capture the exploratory, space-opera spirit of ME1 rather than the action packed war for survival of ME2 and ME3. ME1 is probably my favorite game of all time and I've been dying for a game in that same vein for years and my itch has never been scratched so this news sounds exciting even if I have to take it with a massive grain of salt.

http://gamingbolt.com/mass-effect-andromeda-to-be-a-spiritual-successor-to-mass-effect-1-leaked-video-was-from-late-2014-build

Sharia

Nov 30, 2015
Samtemdo8 said:
Sheria said:
Please.

I was one of those people that ragged on Mass Effect 2 and 3 for being "Dumbed Down, Inferior, this is not how Mass Effect should have been" and the funny thing is I have not played neither game, I was just following the line of thought of people who disliked Mass Effect 2 and 3 like a sheep. But then I played them and honestly they were not that bad. I like all 3 games equally.

I'm not sure why you would say those things if you hadn't played said games, but I happily picked up all three as they came out. If it did become a bandwagon, then I'm sorry but that bandwagon at least formed from some truth.

I'm not going to get into that old debate though. What I found laughable was the way in which your final comment made it sound as if ME, DA and KotOR are the only games/series that Bioware has made, and i'm sorry but, irrespective of what I think of Mass Effect, I can't take a comment that it is the only series from them worth a damn seriously, opinion or not.