Mass Effect Anime Film in the Works

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
i ♥ Mass Effect + i ♥ Anime = Huzzah!

Yeh doesn't matter if its bad, i'll watch it nonetheless. Kinda like y i watched the entire season of Ironman the Anime... dear god was it a terrible show. And there is a good chance i'll watch the Logan, aka Wolverine Anime as well. XD

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I'm not too keen on the fact that there's a set-in-stone adaptation for a character and series that you, the player control (to an extent of course). It's bad enough Shepard, a supposed AFGNCAAP [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AFGNCAAP] has a set appearance, history, and ability set (I can over look the name since it's merely a surname, and could be a nickname on top of that).

That said, I'll kindly let this pass so it'll be that much easier to keep the images of my custom Shepard in my head.

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
John Funk said:
Commander Shepard better fight the Reapers in a Gundam.
Preaching to the crowd, Funk Master...(...sorry...I'll go hide now)

Seriously, though I don't quite know If I like that funimation is handling it. I would prefer Mad House or Production I.G. I like funimation, don't get me wrong, but I like the work of those studios and I think they would be a better fit.

That said, the idea that this is even happening is awesome and I probably will check it out.I hope it's in multiple vignette style, so we can get multiple good stories, but I wont ask too much.

Also, If any characters from the game show up, PLEASE get the actual voice actors.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Western games turned into anime never work, this'll suck on some level.

Really want it to be good, but I'll not try to convince myself it has a chance of being half decent to avoid the inevitable dissapointment.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite announcement on the Citadel.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
What exactly has FUNimation produced before, I thought all they did was bring animes over to NA.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
I thought Halo legends was quite good so I'm optimistic for Mass Effect getting an anime treatment.

Although a feature length movie is different than a bunch of 30 minute "episodes".

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
It's going to suck, but if FUNimation has any control, Liara will be the love interest, which will do something to alleviate the suckiness.

I really don't like anime...

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
+ 1 boner

+ 2 if Sean Schemmel makes does some voice work for it.

+ 9001 if Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat play major characters.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Syntax Man said:
John Funk said:
Commander Shepard better fight the Reapers in a Gundam.
I dunno why but that comment just made me think of Gundam SEED Destiny's X1 Destroy.
Because the Destroy had an awesome theme song?

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
If they can go the Halo route and pull of something like legends, then good.

I don't really care for mass effect, but I'd love to see another well done video game anime adaption.

I still wish we had a entire halo anime based off of the books...

If it followed them closely, and done by a studio that did one of the better legends episodes, it may turn out better than a full movie.

FredTheUndead

Aug 13, 2010
RollForInitiative said:
Here's hoping they at least get a good, Japanese studio to do the work, like Bones or Kyoto Animation. North Americans tend to fuck up when trying to emulate the anime style.
Why name some of the worst studios this side of Gonzo and DEEN as good candidates then?

Chrono212 said:
In all honesty, after playing through The Arrivel yesterday, I'd like to see more Mass Effect universe.
But (big but) it better not pull a Halo: Legends. Not that it was bad, it was just a bit 'off' from the established universe, if one could legitimately 'know' the universe...

In unrelated opinions: Why not use western animation (not 3D)? Or does it not exist any more? :/
Because Genndy Tartakovsky has better things to do than work on something for Mass Effect presumably.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Due to cultural differences this never works, Halo Legends anyone? It is not that the studios are bad at what they do, their lack of familiarity with cultural nuances makes this very murky water.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
RollForInitiative said:
Kyoto Animation.
KyoAni wouldn't do anything that isn't about cute girls these days.

But come on.. who wouldn't watch Mass Effect if the entire cast was replaced by bishounen and lolis?

I'm highly skeptical about anything Funimation is producing, that's for sure. I don't have high hopes for this.

FredTheUndead said:
RollForInitiative said:
Here's hoping they at least get a good, Japanese studio to do the work, like Bones or Kyoto Animation. North Americans tend to fuck up when trying to emulate the anime style.
Why name some of the worst studios this side of Gonzo and DEEN as good candidates then?
But KyoAni does great art and animation. If you don't like their shows that comes down to personal opinion, and even if you don't like the shows they do, it doesn't mean the art and animation style aren't great. And I think both Bioware and Funimation will have a more heavy influence in writing and screen playing than any Japanese studio should they choose to hire one. Bones also does good animation, even if they are iffy.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
HankMan said:
Let's hope this goes the way of the Batman movie and not Dante's Inferno
I think I recently saw them at a animation course, was that the one with the black and green cover art?

Also why do I always mix up FUNimation with 4Kidz? My heart stopped for a second...

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Chrono212 said:
In all honesty, after playing through The Arrivel yesterday, I'd like to see more Mass Effect universe.
But (big but) it better not pull a Halo: Legends. Not that it was bad, it was just a bit 'off' from the established universe, if one could legitimately 'know' the universe...

In unrelated opinions: Why not use western animation (not 3D)? Or does it not exist any more? :/
Wait are you talking about the forunner ruins looking oriental?