Mass Effect Anime Film in the Works

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Wolfenbarg said:
Chrono212 said:
In all honesty, after playing through The Arrivel yesterday, I'd like to see more Mass Effect universe.
But (big but) it better not pull a Halo: Legends. Not that it was bad, it was just a bit 'off' from the established universe, if one could legitimately 'know' the universe...

In unrelated opinions: Why not use western animation (not 3D)? Or does it not exist any more? :/
"Western animation" tends to mean western writers who contract out to a Japanese studio. They do the art, but all the grunt work is done by studios overseas. It's just easier that way, since the industry is far more developed there, and has been for many decades.

Anyway, I'm much more excited about this idea than the live action idea that was floating around for a long time. Mass Effect is already like a movie, but removing all the extra good bits from it to turn it into a feature for mass market appeal would just make it a generic space opera. A more direct marketing approach will allow them to make some assumptions on how much the audience knows, so we can hopefully avoid some head slapping moments.
In regards to live action, if you watch Tron: Legacy and imagine a few Asari or Turians around, it's pretty close to the aesthetic of places like Novaria or the Citadel.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Chrono212 said:
Wolfenbarg said:
Chrono212 said:
In all honesty, after playing through The Arrivel yesterday, I'd like to see more Mass Effect universe.
But (big but) it better not pull a Halo: Legends. Not that it was bad, it was just a bit 'off' from the established universe, if one could legitimately 'know' the universe...

In unrelated opinions: Why not use western animation (not 3D)? Or does it not exist any more? :/
"Western animation" tends to mean western writers who contract out to a Japanese studio. They do the art, but all the grunt work is done by studios overseas. It's just easier that way, since the industry is far more developed there, and has been for many decades.

Anyway, I'm much more excited about this idea than the live action idea that was floating around for a long time. Mass Effect is already like a movie, but removing all the extra good bits from it to turn it into a feature for mass market appeal would just make it a generic space opera. A more direct marketing approach will allow them to make some assumptions on how much the audience knows, so we can hopefully avoid some head slapping moments.
In regards to live action, if you watch Tron: Legacy and imagine a few Asari or Turians around, it's pretty close to the aesthetic of places like Novaria or the Citadel.
I thought the same thing while watching the movie. The costumes might have been enough to do it, but the score really gave me deja vu.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Wolfenbarg said:
Chrono212 said:
Wolfenbarg said:
Chrono212 said:

I thought the same thing while watching the movie. The costumes might have been enough to do it, but the score really gave me deja vu.
Daft Punk for ME4 soundtrack? Hells to the yeah! :D

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
John Funk said:
Commander Shepard better fight the Reapers in a Gundam.
Godammit! Now when I see the anime with it's distinctive lack of mechs I'm going to be overly dissapointed. :mad:

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
The Dead space anime film was pretty cool. As long as it's an original story and not trying too hard to tie in with the games

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
I'm a little late to the party, having just found out about this.

I'm hoping that the ME anime is an homage to 1970s anime, in the same way the original ME was an homage to classic sci-fi.