Mass Effect being blamed for Connecticut shooting.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Y'know, I was gonna leave this until at least tomorrow. But nope.

They've already piled on the blame. Fuck 'em.

Society, you can't keep weeping 'roung these kids graves crying "OH IF IT WEREN'T FOR THOSE GAMES AND THAT ROCK AND ROLL" when you ignored the warning signs for an age. You leave kids to go nuts, with no help, no hope, and nobody pointing them in the right direction. You make weapons available to them, then stand back and point the finger everywhere but yourselves when people start dying.

How many times will this happen before you realise that the monsters you fear so much are of your own creation?

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Thats quite.....random. Why Mass Effect? Because it has space guns and space bikinis? Injustice.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Why have people always got to find a fucking thing to blame?
Why not have a little fucking respect for the family of people who died without having a massive rage boner against something you dislike?
I don't even give a shit that it's a video game being blamed, I just fucking hate these people going around acting like massive cunts.
Because its easier and safer to blame video games than to admit that maybe our society is faulty. Or even just blaming anything is popular right now. Honestly you could blame anything for the shooting. Like Justin Bieber or that Two and Half men really sucks now, as opposed to just sucking.

I'm going to wait for more news before i know who to blame. Ryan Lanaza or Adam lanza. I know one of the brother was fired from his job because of the shooting amd the fact they look alike so his boss blamed him. Apparently the brother is going to sue his boss and also apparently the two brothers were estranged.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
why are they blaming Mass Effect? why not COD? ME3 came out ageis ago...I'm not syaing COD is responsible (duh) but for thease idiots it seems the more likley target

anway my opinion on the matter

HAHAHAHA THE STUPID INFECTED MY BRAIN TURNED IT TO MUSH AND NOW ITS ALL OVER MY KEYBORAD!!

[img/]http://captionsearch.com/pix/eib8slsgc6.gif[/img]

Rude as HECK

Feb 24, 2011
Shock and Awe said:
Thats quite.....random. Why Mass Effect? Because it has space guns and space bikinis? Injustice.
Basically because when the killer was wrongly named as Ryan Lanzo, people found his facebook page- or at least, *a* facebook page for *a* Ryan Lanzo- and Mass Effect was among his liked pages.

It's that simple. And that dumb.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Shock and Awe said:
Vault101 said:
why are they blaming Mass Effect? why not COD? ME3 came out ageis ago...I'm not syaing COD is responsible (duh) but for thease idiots it seems the more likley target
Because the person misidentified to be the shooter liked the Mass Effect Facebook page.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Andy Shandy said:
Wait, so people were, and still possibly are, after the wrong person? Oh, this just gets better and better...
Yep. Most of the media put out that the shooter was Ryan Lanza (the one that has like Mass Effect on Facebook), when it seems to be Adam Lanza, his brother.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/media-adam-lanza-newtown-connecticut-shooter-ryan-lanza_n_2302864.html
Whaaaat? That's not the hyper-sensationalist, ratings-above-all, media I know. The media I know is always very well thought out, well researched, and it not afraid to wait two nanoseconds to verify their sources. >.>

Also, I'm going to ask you something you've probably been asked many times. Who is she, what's she from, and is she saying "I'm ready to have fun"?

edit: typo

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
LetalisK said:
Andy Shandy said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Andy Shandy said:
Wait, so people were, and still possibly are, after the wrong person? Oh, this just gets better and better...
Yep. Most of the media put out that the shooter was Ryan Lanza (the one that has like Mass Effect on Facebook), when it seems to be Adam Lanza, his brother.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/media-adam-lanza-newtown-connecticut-shooter-ryan-lanza_n_2302864.html
Whaaaat? That's not the hyper-sensationalist, ratings-above-all, media I know. The media I know is always very well thought out, well researched, and it not afraid to wait two nanoseconds to verify their sources. >.>

Also, I'm going to ask you something you've probably been asked many times. Who is she, what's she from, and is she saying "I'm ready to have fun"?

edit: typo
That would be Alison Brie, she plays Annie Edison in Community, and no, she isn't =P She's saying "Help pwetty have fun!"...it makes sense in context.

Basically the entire episode of it is mocking Glee.

Here's a clip of the full song
http://vimeo.com/33451025

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
$10 say they will also claim that he had a thing for seeing prostitutes, putting squids on their heads and painting them blue

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
This was clearly someone thinking I hated the ending of Mass Effect three 18 children and 7 adults dead much.

schtingah

Jun 1, 2011
I must have missed the part where he assembeled a team of followers, had long interactions conversations with random people and bought some fish on the way there.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
schtingah said:
I must have missed the part where he assembeled a team of followers, had long interactions conversations with random people and bought some fish on the way there.
Is this a pop culture reference?

Mar 9, 2010
Going through the motions I see. Don't worry guys, this will all blow over in a few days until the next one. It's one massive insult to all the dead and injured that people take to blaming the smallest of things when shit like this happens.

Feb 22, 2009
Wait what?

A game in which one of the driving plot points is the main character's sadness over the death of a child at the start of the game, is being blamed for the shooting of some children.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Just... fucking hell people are morons.

This must be fake?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Grief stricken people do dumb things. People on the internet do dumb things. Facebook is full of idiots who dumb things everyday. Not surprised.

Also, this bothers me more because of its potential rarefactions for people who work for Biowear. One of these nut-jobs could go off and target someone for working at the company.

Loethlin

Itchy Witch
Apr 24, 2011
Fact checking seems like a dying art.

I don't even know what to say about this boundless, unashamed, absolute fucking stupidity.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I hear the killer's sister-in-law once mentioned that she liked to eat cornflakes for breakfast.

BAN THIS SICK FILTH, POISONING THE MINDS OF OUR CHILDREN WITH THEIR WHEATY EVIL!!!

(I have since been informed that cornflakes aren't made of wheat. The plot thickens.)