Mass effect "hot" chicks

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
CrazyHatMan said:
Allright so hear me out here.
I recently started playing mass effect 2 (i know i'm slow :p) and have gotten reasonably far into the main story and overall it's quite an amazing game, but here's my issue.
At the beginning of the game when Miranda is introduced i see all the signs that they clearly want me to think she's some hot girl that i by all means would wan't to get into bed with. Problem is i think she is probably the most ugly thing in the game. I even felt pretty awkward when she was on about her looks being "superior" to others. Same goes with Ashley Grahams that you meet up with somewhere along the line. She just looks weird to me. I mean. I get that i am supposed to think these two are hot but i am finding it very hard to do so.

Anyone with me on this, or am i some weird twisted anomaly in the fanbas
You didn't play the first game now did you? Well I'm still happy you're enjoying ME2. And I'm going to go out on a limb here because this seems to be the Miranda hate thread and say, there is nothing wrong with Miranda. Oh yeah.

If you had played number one though you probably wouldn't think that way at all.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
CrazyHatMan said:
Allright so hear me out here.
I recently started playing mass effect 2 (i know i'm slow :p) and have gotten reasonably far into the main story and overall it's quite an amazing game, but here's my issue.
At the beginning of the game when Miranda is introduced i see all the signs that they clearly want me to think she's some hot girl that i by all means would wan't to get into bed with. Problem is i think she is probably the most ugly thing in the game. I even felt pretty awkward when she was on about her looks being "superior" to others. Same goes with Ashley Grahams that you meet up with somewhere along the line. She just looks weird to me. I mean. I get that i am supposed to think these two are hot but i am finding it very hard to do so.

Anyone with me on this, or am i some weird twisted anomaly in the fanbas
Oh trust me that complaint has been registered by more than a few people. I personally think she looks better in all of the concept art/fan-made pictures than she does in the game.

I swear, this happens with all of Bioware's models. You see them in the artwork, they look great, but as soon as they hit the polygons, there's something just off about it. I personally blame the "Bioware face" for that. It's why characters who either don't move their faces much (Jack) or don't have any faces at all (Tali) always seem more attractive than those who have very expressive faces (Miranda). The more the face moves, the weirder the effects look.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Terminate421 said:
I'm a guy and I laugh at how Jacob could be attractive. His head is small and his mouth moves like a fish mouth. Anyone notice that?
Jacob is not attractive. Even his personality is horrible. I hope he isn't in ME3 :<

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
My theory: They spent too long modeling her face and ended up making so many changes that by the end the result was Frankenstein-like.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
I may be the only one here that found Miranda's personality very attractive. Yes, she's a b___, but that's a wall she puts up to protect herself and keep people away. She is a strong independent woman that sacrifices for those she loves and has had a difficult life. Her father created her as a tool to be used, she ran away. She's barren and the only family she has is her sister whom she has to hide from. She live in fear of her father and what he would do to her or her sister.

She dresses to show off her body but I think that perfectly matches her personality and her disdain for her "created perfection". Her body is a weapon that she uses to keep people away like the attitude. It is intentional that she flaunts it and gives you a deeper view into her character.

She is a very real character...I've known women very much like her.

My reaction to Miranda was the exact opposite of Ash in ME1. I found her racism and religiosity to be very acidic, rather than a complex person whose layers you have to peel away.

Sidenote - Liara didn't exactly dress like a nun in ME1 either:
http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/mass-effect/m3-liaratsoni.jpg

I didn't personally care for Jack - she was broken and needed to be put back together. In essence her and Miranda were different sides of the same coin, both with terrible backgrounds, one physical and one emotional.

Between the "options", Liara is still my favorite. Smart, strong, well built, and blue. Yum. Miranda comes in a close second, followed by Kelly. Tali was ok, and I never was a fan of Jack.

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
I don't really find either of the two human women hot. Sure, Miranda has a nice body, but she has buck teeth and her personality isn't great. And Ashley... just no. Not really my type, looks or personality-wise.

That said, I do get the feeling I'm supposed to think Miranda is totally hot. Failed, Bioware, failed.

Alkore

May 25, 2009
Well I actually went with Miranda as the love intrest for my first playthough of me2 although i dont remember seeing as for both games my team was the krogan option and tali. I also never had real problem with mirands face except in the box art it looks to me like shes wearing a wig.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Ashley looks like a man in ME1 and 2.

Miranda has the jaw of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

So, yeah, those two are ugly as sin.

Jaloopa

Jul 7, 2011
Since some people have mentioned Miranda's daddy issues, has anyone else noticed that almost all of the loyalty quests are about either being or having terrible parents? I suspect whoever was in charge of writing the quest stories had some serious problems with their parents and/or children.

Seriously, I think Morden and Garrus were the only ones that didn't feature parents and both of them had seen themselves as a father figure to someone who went rogue.

Haelium

Jan 18, 2011
Miranda is perfect, genetically superior in every way...

Despite the fact that she's an ugly ***** with daddy issues who is abnormally lacking in muscle development(Look how thin her arms are, fucking twigs). Oh, and she's an irrational *****, at the start when she shoots the guy, what the fuck is that about? He could have been interrogated.

Also she gets angry so often on the Normandy about everything, she's emotionally unstable.

But finally, if somebody was trying to build a super soldier, it would make more sense to choose a man, yeah it's sexist, but men make better soldiers due to a higher muscle:fat ratio.

Although it's just a game so it doesn't really matter, does it?

badreaper74

Dec 12, 2010
Trillovinum said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
As a straight woman I think Miranda is pretty, well until she opens her mouth.

Even Tali is a bit offputting with her attitude towards the Geth.
what do you mean? the geth destroyed her homeworld and massacred her people. even after 300 years that's still a good reason to hate them.
Yea but the Quarains kind of had it coming. Its a natural progression of things. You treat people like shit and make them do slave labor they will rise against you. And since they have been working for the last two hundred or so years while you sat on your but i think they are a little more prepared for war. Granted the Quariams didn't know they were using them as slaves, but ignorance of the law is no excuse i guess.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
To me, the Romance Options, as far as People that are available or that i'd go for if given the Choice from only the latter Bioware Games, well lets see.

Mass Effect:

Shiala (Green Asari Clone Person from Feros)
Samara (Mature and very practical Attitude)
Asari Bartender on Illium (She's like Wrex, just female and a Asari, so there)

Dragon Age:

Leliana (Its mostly the Accent really, though her Personality if you harden her is also nice)
Isabella (The cocky Attitude to me sells her more than her Features really, she the non-bitchy Miranda really)

Thomas Parker

May 20, 2010
ugh hum computers tey domost of our wok or us hats wht the geth are computers tey are all lied by one massive frame and teyall share infomtion in a heart beatte only diffrences i our computers are not cappable of fre thught yet

Thomas Parker

May 20, 2010
sorry about spelling mistakes my keyboard was running out of battry shame it couldnt think to get itlf somene ones

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Lesd3vil said:
You're talking about a bunch of pixels with a scripted personality :| personally I find it very hard to see game characters as anything other than vague representations of humans... It's like all the people who found Merrill 'adorable' in DA2... All I could see was the set-up for a never-ending string of poor jokes at the expense of a character that should have been developed more... It was, in fact, kinda racist. Hand on, that goes without saying, Bioware love the issue of racism don't they -.-
Hey, the Mass Effect characters have more personality than a lot of our "celebrities".

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Trillovinum said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
As a straight woman I think Miranda is pretty, well until she opens her mouth.

Even Tali is a bit offputting with her attitude towards the Geth.
what do you mean? the geth destroyed her homeworld and massacred her people. even after 300 years that's still a good reason to hate them.
Actually according to Legion (best character in the game by the way) the Qaurian home world is being maintained and kept in pristine condition. The Geth probably wouldn't care too much if the Quarians moved back in as long as they left them alone. The Geth as a whole are kind of like a robotic species wide Hulk. They just want to be left alone and build the perfect computer but everyone keeps bothering them. Except for that five percent that helped Saren but they should be taken care of after ME2.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
I think Miranda is pretty hot, but other than that, there's nothing else. Liara is pretty cute too, so is Tali. I don't quite see why people want to romance Jack, or Ashley for that matter, but eh, personnal preference.