Mass Effect: Legacy Edition trailer is out

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Welp, it looks kinda promising. If you go over to their website, this collection will feature
  • All three games in one launcher
  • More customization for Shepard
  • upscaling the graphics to 4k
  • Gameplay fixes for the first Mass Effect
  • All dlcs included
  • and more!
The collection is priced at $60, and I feel that's where a lot of people would be hesitant before buying it. For me, I think I would wait for sales. This is still EA we're talking about and Bioware certainly has seen beter days

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Hum, gameplay improvement for ME1 sound too limited, it need a full overhaul to bring it more in line with 2 and 3. I might pick it up one day, but I just can't bring myself to pay 60$ for that, ME3 really burn most of my enthusiasm for the franchise. Also doesn't mention the MP, for an included multiplayer of a mainly single player game it wasn't pretty good.

Surprise they didn't include Andromeda, I mean, why not?

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
My guess is that because it bombed so hard, they want to shift the attention to good ME games, so the current generation of gamers get to know what it's really about. Then again, to say "ME3 was great" is sort of subjective, and I can definitely see all new posts screaming "WTF was that ending?!".

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Hum, gameplay improvement for ME1 sound too limited, it need a full overhaul to bring it more in line with 2 and 3. I might pick it up one day, but I just can't bring myself to pay 60$ for that, ME3 really burn most of my enthusiasm for the franchise. Also doesn't mention the MP, for an included multiplayer of a mainly single player game it wasn't pretty good.

I think it's because the upcoming Mass Effect game will be continuing the story from this trilogy, so they seem to be treating Andromeda as a failed experiment.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I will only care about this if it comes for the Switch.

Yes, I've seem to taken over as resident Switch fanboy here, but save for VR, I see no reason to revisit the Mass Effect Universe, even if I love it.

Because I have it. I have it on this laptop. Upscaled Graphics aside, I see no benefit to the remastered edition.

In VR, I can experience Mass Effect live I never did before. With the Switch, possible gyro controls could add another level of Biotic manipulation. And plus, I can play it on the go whenever I want.

Save for those two ways of playing them... If I wanted to play them, I'd just boot them up on my laptop.

Reactions: bobdark

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Sounds like it needs the origin launcher even if you get it from steam so *fart noise*

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I said it in another thread, and I will say it again: Im a massive slut for game remasters.

I love these games. I love replaying games. And I want to replay some of my favourite games, in the best way possible - so a Mass Effect remaster is right up my street.

The graphics updates will definitely be appreciated, but im mostly excited about the updates to Mass Effect 1's gameplay. ME1 is easily my least favourite, and that is entirely down to the gameplay. Any updates that make it even half way playable will be definitely appreciated, and im eager to give it a shot.

Im excited.

Reactions: Jarrito3002

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Probably because the game is too new, and they are hoping that this triology will cause people to go buy that game separately since it's the only one built for modern consoles.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I don't understand why everyone is so hype for this. I mean, everyone hated the ME franchise entirely due to the ending of the game, and ranted for MONTHS, if not YEARS about how it destroyed everything good. The fact that the ending of a long, drawn out, complicated story, wasn't to their liking, and was frankly a bit shit. So, I mean why do you want to give them more money for a series that, is apparently utter shit because of the ending?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Welp, it looks kinda promising. If you go over to their website, this collection will feature
  • All three games in one launcher
  • More customization for Shepard
  • upscaling the graphics to 4k
  • Gameplay fixes for the first Mass Effect
  • All dlcs included
  • and more!
The game is priced at $60, and I feel that's where a lot of people would be hesitant before buying it. For me, I think I would wait for sales. This is still EA we're talking about and Bioware certainly has seen beter days
I do not have one and I heard the gameplay was terrible. Fixed in 2. Interesting that they have fixed it in this release. Very tempting.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I actually am happy to drop dosh on this because the originals don’t work properly on my PC because of the ultra wide monitor I now have, and ME1 still has some weird bugs on AMD CPUs and occasionally crashes on me so $70 for the whole kit and kaboodle with its DLC and such is honestly a pretty good deal from my perspective. And if you’ve never played them before and want to get in, well, can’t ask for a better value item.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I do not have one and I heard the gameplay was terrible. Fixed in 2. Interesting that they have fixed it in this release. Very tempting.
Yeah 1 is really rough gameplay wise. Pretty much all the ability suck since they do some light damage and running and gunning will always give you better result, the tech/biotic class is borderline unplayable at higher difficulty compared to soldier who can just mow everything down. The inventory is also a nightmare to use which suck cause you're constantly drowned in this avalanche of crap gear. There's pretty much no reason to take cover so running and gunning is the way to go. Also enemy constantly shout "I WILL DESTROY YOU!", which get old very quickly. There's grenade but they don't arc so they're essentially just rocket, or more like frisbee.

But I don't think they'll be able to fix this with just a remaster, I have a feeling they'll do some light rebalance on ability, but they'll still just be boring damage ability with no interesting gameplay variation. Imo ME2 was a pretty serious step down plot wise, but such a massive step up gameplay wise that I like it more than 1.

I do hope legendary is unlocked from the beginning rather than having to clear the game once.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Have they revealed what they mean by gameplay fixes for Mass Effect 1?

Because that game has aged like milk it seriously plays horribly, so few small fixes aren't going to make it good, it would require a lot of work to make the movement not feel stiff as hell and make the shooting feel decent, that being said I can't really give my opinion on the other two games as I never really played them since I could never finish Mass Effect 1 because it really does suck, like a lot and I didn't find the story to be entertaining enough for me to put up with it, I'll grant that's partially due to my own stupidity for choosing to play it at the highest difficulty which makes the defects with the gameplay even more obvious and makes the game more frustrating, but still I couldn't finish it.

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
I usually hate remakes/remasters, but you best bet Imma bend over for this one. Hopefully they've fixed the performance issues from 1 and 2, some parts were brutal to play on the 360.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I usually hate remakes/remasters, but you best bet Imma bend over for this one. Hopefully they've fixed the performance issues from 1 and 2, some parts were brutal to play on the 360.
I have 2 and 3 for PC and can bump up the graphics and performance from what the 360 offered. I have to wonder if the remasters will look any different than what I can do on PC already.

Reactions: Offworlder

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
I have 2 and 3 for PC and can bump up the graphics and performance from what the 360 offered. I have to wonder if the remasters will look any different than what I can do on PC already.
Yeah performance was the trade off for convenience in those days. If the plan is to bring it to the PS5 I'm sure the performance will be up there, but PC will still probably be the way to go for getting the most out of it.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I don't understand why everyone is so hype for this. I mean, everyone hated the ME franchise entirely due to the ending of the game, and ranted for MONTHS, if not YEARS about how it destroyed everything good. The fact that the ending of a long, drawn out, complicated story, wasn't to their liking, and was frankly a bit shit. So, I mean why do you want to give them more money for a series that, is apparently utter shit because of the ending?
Personally, I've never had an issue with the way that the game ended. And im pretty sure that after the Extended Cut and Citadel DLCs were released, everybody pretty much calmed down.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Personally, I've never had an issue with the way that the game ended. And im pretty sure that after the Extended Cut and Citadel DLCs were released, everybody pretty much calmed down.
It might be a bit of that, but I think it's primarily that people just got bored of being mad at it and jumped onto the next popular thing to love or hate. I can't say the consensus was that the extended ending fixed much. Never played the Citadel DLC, though it definitely has a lot more goodwill than anything they added to the ending.