Mass Effect Trilogy Will Include DLC

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I read somewhere that the trilogy will costs 60$.
Isn't it a bit... lets say stupid... to release the trilogy for 60$ on the PS3 and 360, while releasing ME3, and only 3 on the WiiU for the same price?

Is there really any sane person who would but the WiiU version over the whole trilogy for the same price?

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Bindal said:
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Bindal said:
FEichinger said:
EA: "We'll release all three games bundled together for our great N7-Event day!"
Community: "So, GOTY-style all DLC included, or just the games?"
EA: "It will include DLC! But ... it'll only be the ones PC gamers get for free anyways."
Me: "Kay, screw you, still not gonna buy ME3 then."
Not EXACTLY true... Pinnacle Station is paid DLC. But it's also the only DLC you never need.
PS3 might be lucky and get the ME2-DLCs again, at least. Otherwise, why bother when you get LESS than originally?
Pinnacle Station was effectively free if you used the "no purchase necessary" route to enter whatever soda or fast food company contest was going on at the time and got a free entry to the contest on their website just by filling out a form. The consolation prize for losing was a $5 EA Store credit...which was exactly how much the DLC cost. I immediately regretted spending it on that though. It was a waste of five minutes of my time to get a free copy of it and another 15 to determine that there was nothing fun or interesting about it.
Considering that those contest never happened outside of the US... nope, not free here, ever.
Still, not worth it, either.
Well, I suppose there's that. If they cost money I'd probably say that most of the ME2 ones that it includes wouldn't be worth it either, but for free they're either ignorable or just kind of meh, and a couple are actually good.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Well, I suppose there's that. If they cost money I'd probably say that most of the ME2 ones that it includes wouldn't be worth it either, but for free they're either ignorable or just kind of meh, and a couple are actually good.
Normandy Crashsite was good - for being just a bit of walking around. Obviously nothing you would never pay for (that would be redicilous), but as free DLC? Not bad. Nice nostalgia-stuff.
Zaeed - awesome. Twice for being free.
Hammerhead - alright, wouldn't be worth paying for.
Rest... forgettable, never even used that stuff in my game.

Still, the content that is included I wouldn't call "DLC" in this regards as all that stuff is free - with the exception of Pinnacle Station nobody cares about anyway.
It was DLC when released, sure - but now coming and say "We include some of the DLC" and then just list stuff that is avaible for free anyway is just a joke as you don't get anything extra.

TeletubbiesGolfGun

Sep 7, 2012
CPunchMaster said:
So, you get the awful Pinnacle Station DLC that nobody would pay for anyway, but you don't get anything else?

No Kasumi, Arrival or Shadow Broker? Or the extra character from ME3? That's like 30 dollars right there.

Oh, EA.
exactly

this is horseshit, the dragon age ultimate edition, now THAT was a deal, getting all the DLC+awakening with the game, that was worth it, but this shit? fuck that crap.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
You know I've been waiting for a proper collected Mass Effect trilogy, but they just haven't quite managed to crack it. Next time EA, give us ME1-3, in a nice box, with all the DLC on disc, and better non-US style boxart and I will give you almost all of my money.

Ok so not really even almost all, but I would happily pay £120 (getting on for 4 times what they're asking) for that. Hell, you could make me pay more, but I'd happily pay £120.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
This is really a blown opportunity to have a truly "complete" ME experience in one box. Somebody threw away a lot of money by not offering this trilogy pack on the Wii U anyway, as new entrants to the series (whoever they are) probably don't want to start at 3. Very confusing, but I don't know why I'm not expecting confusion out of these announcements these days.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Maybe it's just me acting stupid, but anyone else find it kind of a coiencdance that the Mass Effect trilogy releases on the same day as another big Sci-Fi franchise?

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Well, I wasn't far off. Surprised they didn't require players to purchase the free DLC as well.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Bindal said:
Richardplex said:
Xan Krieger said:
I thought it was November 7th, the whole N7 thing?

edit: Mass Effect Trilogy ? November 6th 2012
Guess they changed it, my bad.
I'm guessing US retailers bitched about it so EA had to push it forward to the preceding Tuesday. So much for the N7 date idea...
Well, "wait at the retailer all day at November 6th to get it, play it November 7th at home" might be what EA is expecting to happen - even it is VERY doubtful that most people are going to wait in line to get it. Not after the ME3-incident...
It just seems like they're blowing a good marketing move. They hyped N7 and then suddenly they're moving it a day forward. There is one good thing about that though, now the entire country can enjoy election day with some mass effect.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Well this is...not what I was expecting.

Bring Down the Sky was nice, but I never got Pinnacle Station since it never seemed super important. I guess including it was good although both of them are pretty cheap compared to other Mass Effect DLC. The ME2 DLC stuff is all the free things anyway, meaning you would have to pay for most of the good stuff. And only access to the ME3 Multiplayer? I guess I could understand not putting Javik in, but not Leviathan or the upcoming Omega DLC? I don't necessarily think the 3 (or is it four at this point?) free Multiplayer packs and Extended Cut make up for that do they?

For that you might as well get the PS3 version of ME2 right? Comes with everything except for Arrival and other cosmetic DLC I believe? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Still...unless they are going to elaborate on some more information, this seems pretty lackluster. The three games are nice, but unless you're a PS3 user who really wants to enjoy Mass Effect 1 (or wants some trophies for it), I don't see why you would get this. Even THEN, the ME2 PS3 is still the better deal, despite the lack of ME1. Just what I think anyway.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Fappy said:
I feel like they'd ultimately sell more if they offered most of the DLC from ME1&2 for all platforms. Having different DLC free on different platforms is incredibly stupid (assuming "standalone" means "pay extra").

Still no definitive word on whether the 360 ME1 will be optimized or not. That's all I really care about personally.
Same here, if ME 1 is boosted or updated im sold. ill just pass on the other two to friends, but if its the same ol same ol... no thanks.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
hey, you know those people who were waiting to buy the whole package

i don't think ea should hold its breath or anything

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
The thing is, I already own ME2 and ME3 I only need the first one, and I already have most if not all of the DLC for both games, so getting this trilogy would be a waste of time for me, if I can get ME1 as a stand alone that'd be great

Tumedus

Jul 13, 2010
So the headline really should read that it DOESN'T include the DLC, since, apart from ME1 DLC, all of those were included in a new purchase of the original games anyway.

So that makes buying the trilogy pack a savings of $15-$20 rather than $10 over buying them all new atm. (30 for ME1, 20 for ME2 and ME3 on xbox).

I think this sums up my emotional response pretty well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgv7U3GYlDY

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
Almost as bad as I said. There's so much DLC related to the games that expecting them to cram it all on a disc for standalone release was impossible.