Mass Effect Trilogy Will Include DLC

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
Three bad moves here.
1: They choose to offer different DLC in different forms across the different platforms. EA. Simplicity is good. Have a superior version is baaaaad buisness.
2: They arent offering all the DLC with it. At the very least they should offer ME1&2's DLC, and make us pay for the more recent stuff on ME3 if we feel it's worth it.
3: They moved it to the day of the biggest single platform release of the year. Hey EA? People aren't gonna buy the 360 on day one. The majority of 360 players buying on day one on Nov 6 will be buying Halo 4.

Dammit EA, get it together.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
This is really disapointing, I was going to get the PS3 version but now I won't, I am not buying the DLC twice!!! You can't play ME2 without shadowbroker!!!!

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
juyunseen said:
Three bad moves here.
1: They choose to offer different DLC in different forms across the different platforms. EA. Simplicity is good. Have a superior version is baaaaad buisness.
2: They arent offering all the DLC with it. At the very least they should offer ME1&2's DLC, and make us pay for the more recent stuff on ME3 if we feel it's worth it.
3: They moved it to the day of the biggest single platform release of the year. Hey EA? People aren't gonna buy the 360 on day one. The majority of 360 players buying on day one on Nov 6 will be buying Halo 4.

They've been all over the place when it comes to packaging "ultimate" editions of games.

No Bioware GOTY/compilation re-release of a game in the last five years has featured all of its respective DLC. Even the DA:O Ultimate Edition was missing a number of exclusive/pre-order bonus items (which, unless you had a PC and changed the variables to unlock them, were unavailable to obtain). The DA2 UE was scrapped due to a lack of interest. The PS3 version of ME2 was the closest any installment of the trilogy got to having all its DLC (and even that was missing the Alternate Appearance Packs and Arrival).

Not only that, but I'd guarantee that they're just repackaging old stock to get it out the door because of 3's weak sales. There is no benefit to buying any of this stuff in a large package when the respective games can be had for cheaper on their own.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
crazyrabbits said:
juyunseen said:
Three bad moves here.

They've been all over the place when it comes to packaging "ultimate" editions of games.

No Bioware GOTY/compilation re-release of a game in the last five years has featured all of its respective DLC. Even the DA:O Ultimate Edition was missing a number of exclusive/pre-order bonus items (which, unless you had a PC and changed the variables to unlock them, were unavailable to obtain). The DA2 UE was scrapped due to a lack of interest. The PS3 version of ME2 was the closest any installment of the trilogy got to having all its DLC (and even that was missing the Alternate Appearance Packs and Arrival).

Not only that, but I'd guarantee that they're just repackaging old stock to get it out the door because of 3's weak sales. There is no benefit to buying any of this stuff in a large package when the respective games can be had for cheaper on their own.
Oh hell. If they're just packaging the disks into one box then there's no way I'm getting it. I was hoping they'd rework it just enough so that the games can be continous, instead of needing to go through the "what did you do last game" stuff at the beginning.

If it's just the original disks, then it's a no-go for me.

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
Not to necro an old topic, but I just came across this today while checking out a game store. What a complete clusterfuck.

You barely know which edition of the set has what DLC until you look on the back of the box, there's still none of the paid DLC for 2 or 3 in the set (even though the WiiU version is packaging almost all of the SP/multiplayer DLC released so far), and the 360 set is still a joke - what a slap in the face to the fanbase.

This is going to be the year Bioware is remembered for screwing up everything related to their franchise wholly and completely - 3 was a trainwreck, their action figures look like burn victims, the Paragon Lost anime is apparently so bad Freddie Prinze Jr. had to apologize for it, and they couldn't even get their compilation re-release straight.

What a joke.