Mass Effect

initialdelay

Sep 29, 2009
I just got Mass Effect for the PC with the amazing Steam deal... I spent hours waiting for the game to download to find that my pretty decent PC struggles to cope with it, so much so that I had to force shutdown twice due to crashes. Next time I'll try minimum settings...

Anyway, it looks really nice, but I haven't managed to progress enough to say any more than that yet. So if you're thinking of getting it for PC make sure you have a really high-spec machine!

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Holy crap, Neonbob is pushing 20,000 posts...

O.T.: The gameplay could be better, and the beginning is so boring that, if you have a short attention span, you could totally lose intrest, but the end is so amazing that you won't care about anything.

Jul 9, 2008
As the official Escapist Mass Effect Fanboy (or one of them, at least), I feel I should warn you to take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt but

Fucking. Get. It.

I'm serious, it's one of the best games to come out in a while. Plus, when Mass Effect 2 comes out in January, your saves from the first will carry over, making now a great time to play the first one.