Mass: We Pray: A Holy Hoax or Just a Really Bad Game?

douf

Oct 14, 2009
does god lives in a church anyway :p
Hoax but now that the idea is out, its inevitable that some indie is going to make it in the next weeks.

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
Can someone help me?
I tried to preorder this but it is giving me the description for a very different game :s

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
the game is Heresy to catholic dogma.
so obviously it is an EA Dante's inferno Ad Ploy.

in catholosism and christianity you are not allowed to worship where you wish, worship of God must be ordained by a preist or minister and must be done so on consicrated grounds. a game which removes both promotes heresy and as a heritic you're sentenced to the 6th circle of hell to spend eternity traped inside a flaming tomb.

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Malygris said:
It is very well done, though; along with the promotional video, the site features more than a dozen screenshots, images of the controllers and a design sensibility that's pretty much exactly right for the product its advertising.
Its not that well done! Its quite an obvious fake. Whether or not its a Dante's Inferno ad is a good bet.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
I sooo want to play this when my brother walks in then I'll say,"Brother won't you join me for a rousing good game of worship?" LOL

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
It's only a matter of time before a REAL Christian group gets inflamed and starts picketing. Chances are they'll just be waved away as another fake by EA :)

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
dtthelegend said:
No,they all own computers to play

"Left Behind: Eternal Forces"
I wish i was making this up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind:_Eternal_Forces

Oh, it gets worse, my friends...
http://www.leftbehindgames.com/
In all honesty... Left Behind isn't really that bad a game.
On topic though, I know for a fact it's a hoax perpetrated as part of the Dante's Inferno publicity campaign. Know how i know? Try preordering the game, it gives you the answer right there!

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Beatrix said:
Can someone help me?
I tried to preorder this but it is giving me the description for a very different game :s
Hahahaha, that's because it's not a real game, it's part of the viral Dante's Inferno campaign, and it shows you a special trailer if you try preordering.
If the churches see this, they'll have a field day trying to sue.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
It is! It IS!!! It IS another Dante's Inferno ploy! Every single link on the site leads straight to the game's trailer! You totally called it!!!

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Pyro Paul said:
the game is Heresy to catholic dogma.
so obviously it is an EA Dante's inferno Ad Ploy.

in catholosism and christianity you are not allowed to worship where you wish, worship of God must be ordained by a preist or minister and must be done so on consicrated grounds. a game which removes both promotes heresy and as a heritic you're sentenced to the 6th circle of hell to spend eternity traped inside a flaming tomb.
I really hope you're being ironic.