Mass: We Pray: A Holy Hoax or Just a Really Bad Game?

MoganFreeman

Jan 28, 2009
Fake.

A legitimate Catholic video game WOULD suck as bad as that, but it would take the prayer and rituals far more seriously.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I wonder if this includes forced sex acts on the priest?

"Press B to say I thought you loved me"

Lul.

I don't see how this would work, is it technically praying if you're not there or whatever? I dunno. Will they get interactive communion and such?

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
I hope this is a hoax. Please let it be a hoax, PLEASE! Just to spite me, this won't be a hoax. I can feel it.

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
Macksheath said:
This is the Churchs last, desperate move to keep up with the times. Then they begin the brainwashing and fight a holy war with Islam, destroying both and much of civilization as we know it.
It's not real, mate. I know you know that, and I'm not religious myself, but what you're saying sounds a bit like looking desperately for Church-bashing material. Take it to the Politics/Religion section.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Sounds like an effective way to make a dishonest buck in the name of exploiting the faithful, so yeah, I could believe it. Why not? There's been merchants who have found a way to profit from religious movements since practically the invention of religion itself.

Jesus apparently does not approve [http://www.joyfulheart.com/holy-week/merchants_chased_from_the_temple.htm].

Although in this case it's another Dante's Inferno advertisement. Click on any link and it reveals itself. Too bad, I wanted to see a better screenshot of those the little Mii devotees in the virtual church.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
For some reason the fact that it's clearly catholic rather than baptist or evangelical or mormon or whatever is the strongest sign of a hoax to me.

Madman_Andre

Sep 5, 2008
Kollega said:
This is a hoax. We all know this is a hoax. Because it has to be - religious people can be determined in their faith, but there's not many of them who could be that stupid.

Sigh. For once i try to defend right of "everymen" to believe whatever the fuck they want, and fail miserably.
You don't know Baptist Christians, they are likely the target audience fore this game.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Yup, Dante's Inferno advertisement for Heretic. Huh, interesting.

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
If you were watching the video instead of laughing your ass off, you would notice that they didn't try very hard to hide the fact that it's a fake.

1. On the title screen, the words "press start" appeared; there is no start button visible on the controller.

2. The controller looks like crap; it obviously wasn't made of plastic, there was only one button in the center that had no writing on it, and the the motion sensor on the controller didn't reflect light i.e. was painted on.

3. The kneeling boards had cushions on them... when have peripherals EVER been designed for comfort?

Yes. It's fake. Just like Je... NO! NO FLAMING RELIGION! BAD!

BlackIronGuardian

Dec 26, 2008
Damnit EA!!!

Keeps getting me with these clever bloody ads!

EEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

''fist

But seriously? Does anyone think this is real?

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
I'm sure those kids were brainwashed.

Seriously, I only see crazily devoted people playing this.

Like, crazily crazily crazily devoted people.

Edit:

Wait a second...has...has no one seriously not noticed that this is a Dante's Inferno marketing campaign? Or is my sarcasm detector faltering?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
HG131 said:
Sci-Fi luver437 said:
The makers of this are clearly a-holes with no respect to christens.

A joke? I couldn't even crack a smile.
Why... so... SERIOUS?
Its not funny! I mean clearly they wanted a joke but they're just mocking a religion. The makers should be sent to hell. May god damn them all.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
If you explore the site enough you eventually come across a pop up that says "Heretic, may you burn in the 6th circle of hell." I don't really care to follow, as it takes you to facebook and you have to have an account, it but it does say Dante's Inferno on it.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
I am going to assume dante's inferno is going to be horrible because they are trying waaay to hard to sell it.