Massachusets is offically shut down

Noxshadow

u mad?
Jan 12, 2010
Al you mofos are so lucky. Here in Florida, don't get any snow, ever.
we haven't even gotten a good hurricane in a while. It's just boring as hell here.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
lacktheknack said:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt2B_-xvgGlpXFbTB9JxRyuxCdhW-An46ARwdJcLgqX9j_EbvR

Sorry, I had to. :p

I've never heard of driving bans due to snow. How deep is it now?
Where on earth is that?
I think it's the Rockies. Our family drove through the Rockies one winter... the picture isn't altogether too far off...

EDIT: Or, if the guy above me is right, it's in Japan. I was just guessing from the picture and personal experience.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Enjoy your Nor'East'r. :)
Mercifully, I only have a new river flowing through my back yard.

http://s888.beta.photobucket.com/user/AtmosDuality/library/Backyard%20River

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
[http://imgur.com/zjxs20S]
OT:I'd hate too see what happens when all the snow melts,I've never heard of a place banning driving due to the weather.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
Down south here in South Carolina these fools get "milk an bread" crazy at the slightest hint of maybe a storm coming, it's fucking pathetic to me who has lived in Upstate new york literally 4 miles from Lake Ontario, I have seen and been in snow drifts as tall as or taller than me(5'9") so the 2-3 inches that melt almost immediately is nothing to me. Hell the only road hazard at that time is the drivers down here who have no defensive driving sense or basic common sense at all

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Wished it snowed where I live. Not to the point where no one could get to work, just enough so I could probably throw some snowballs.

Anywho, hope things get better over there ert.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Which one's snow again? That's the cold one, right? I remember reading about that once.

Obviously things like this happen, it's just hard to wrap my sun-drenched head around it. Flood warnings I can get, maybe even an extreme heat warning? Snow warnings just boggles the mind.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Da Orky Man said:
lacktheknack said:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt2B_-xvgGlpXFbTB9JxRyuxCdhW-An46ARwdJcLgqX9j_EbvR

At least you get proper weather.

All I have to look forward to is a bit more queuing in the rain.
[/quote]

Would it surprise you if I told you that this weather pops up on occasion even in southern Sweden? Even in MAY?

Jfluffy

Nov 8, 2010
Zeren said:
Snow is my mortal enemy. My car cannot handle it well at all. The last time we had a somewhat deep snow, this happened.

Why not just have your car transform?

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Goofguy said:
Take care of yourselves Massachusettians... Massachusettites... Massachusetters... fuck it, people from Massachusetts.
The correct demonym for someone who lives in Massachusetts is Masshole.

Chunga the Great

Sep 12, 2010
Hannya said:
Chunga the Great said:
Hannya said:
Strazdas said:
thats pretty good storm you got there or just stupid people? i never heard anything ever closing becuase of a storm, and we had pretty darn big winters (this one was cold but little snow, the snow didnt even reach above my head).
*Looks at birth date.* "1989"

a blizzard around the same category of the blizzard of 1978
Does that mean that I don't know anything about WWII because I wasn't born in 1939?
Because everyone remembers the storm of 1978 due to it inducing a ban on driving in a single state.
I'm sure people in Massachusetts do.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
In Colorado, no one seems to understand the big deal. We get large snowstorms starting around November and continuing until April. I don't think anywhere except near the mountains got it as bad as the east-coast in the last couple of years though. It's a matter of how prepared the area is really.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
BlackStar42 said:
We've just started to get a little snow down here in Reading. Doubt it'll stick though, there's been too much rain.
You been to the town centre lately? Riverside by the oracle is crazy flooded most of the time. Like you cant go down the stairs by Mcdoos.

Its weird that theres another reading guy on this website though. The snow was pathetic :C Before was wayyy better.

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
You guys call that a blizzard? I have shoveled more snow then that off my car in the morning before going to work.

Hannya said:
I'm pretty much 100% certain that you don't have any recollection of a big snow storm that happened in your state 11 years before you were born. As well as the effects that the said storm caused.
You really shouldnt talk about things you know nothing about. Most people who live in eastern US or Canada know what the blizzard of 1978 was.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
lacktheknack said:

haha good one. I'm from up north too and never heard of a driving ban although I have had businesses close down.