Master Wii Hacker Joins Microsoft Ranks

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
AboveUp said:
I'm glad to see he finally got hired somewhere. I've really wondered why Nintendo didn't do anything with this guy.
Heads too up their arses right now in case they hadn't made it astonishingly clear... Microsoft have done the right thing. All we can do is congratulate em. Well done Nintendo you snotty little geek turned jock, I really hope this comes back to bite them in the arse like a starved phirana. It probably won't, but I can put my faith in Karma all the same.

Wingmna

Feb 10, 2009
hypothetical fact said:
Wingmna said:
American division, sure, mostly for marketing for NA and/or translating and stuff like that. When it comes to the hardware specifics pretty much all the work is done in Japan. What are they going to do with him in America? Unlike M$ who's whole base of operations is in North America.
Why does this moron think the man is cemented to the ground? In this day and age we have these wonderful inventions called planes that can take us all over the world so Nintendo deeloping hardware in Japan is not an excuse. Neither is the belief that he couldn't have worked in the American division and sent his work to Japan.
Wingmna said:
Thirdly, no one actually knows what Natal processing power is like and what it needs, so you assuming that 360 can do everything Natal captures is jumping the gun a bit... But overall, yes 360 has better processing power then the Wii, but that wouldn't matter that much in the market since Nintendo would already have a new bag of goodies in store by the time this has finished development.
Hmm so making assumptions about natal is wrong but making a million and one assumptions about Nintendo's bag of goodies or their ace in the hole and other crap which Nintendo have shown no evidence of in any demonstration is fine?

Face it, you're a fanboy with a big N glued to your face and some day you will realise that Nintendo is a company and just like any other, they just want your money. (Or your parent's money depending on how old you are.)

Prove to me that they have a hardware division situated in America (or rather, their 'ideas division'), otherwise I'll reserve my judgment of this point.

And you do know that I said no one knows the processing Natal needs for certain tasks? All I'm saying, is that we really aren't sure with the current power of the 360 whether or not complex games such as RE5 can use Natal (not talking about RE5 of course, talking about complex games using something in the range of RE5 WITH Natal.

So do you read? I wasn't making assumation about Natal yet you accuse me of making assumptions? FYI, Nintendo has to play 'the game' too, they aren't going to not release something to be competitive in the market. Yes that is a basic assumption, but so is 'MS is still going to make games'... Actually thinking MS is going to release natal is an assumption within itself. Moron.

And yes, Nintendo is a company, "OH OH" you say! "That must mean they are going to make HUGE MISTAKES and let MS win!!!". You = Moron + Hypocrite. I dare you to goto a logical place like VGchartz, ya all the guys there are saying Nintendo is wining and will continue to out-sell the others because they are fanboys and has nothing to do with how the company is playing the game!

Personal insults and some of the worst logic I have ever seen, put aside, do you actually have anything meaningful to say?

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
I'm actually reconsidering Natal now if this guy is working on it. Always liked his youtube stuff.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
This is pretty awesome, Nintendo must be shitting them selves.
Good look with everything Jonny Lee.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Wingmna said:
Wingmna said:
Lots of words
I think you missed a big point about Lee's new job: that he isn't a game designer and was hired by a company thatpublishes very few first-party games.

What MS probably hired Lee for was to fund out just what could be done with Natal when you push it to its limits. This inormation will be used to help developers know what is feasable to develop. I'm convinced that MS hired Lee because they themselves are not quite sure of what Natal can do, and they want a second opinion from someone with experience in the field. I wouldn't expect to see any crazy game ideas come from Lee, but he may be credited with coming up for a new technique for game development.
Actually wrong. I never generalised about what MS did or didn't need from Lee, I know they hired him because he knows technology... Actually I state that.

Unlike you who generalised what my meaning and intent was. Yes, I referenced what he did in terms of the Wii, that is only natural considering that is why he has fame. And I only mentioned it because the people I was quoting referred to it.
Chill out for a moment, because you're arguing with people who are on your side.

I was just saying that Lee's being hired does not mean that there will be revolutionary new games, but that MS hired him to test the limits of Natal.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
I don't like the way Wingmna is going about it, but I agree with certain points (but not all of them). I honestly don't think that Nintendo are 'shitting themselves' like people think.

When Natal was unveiled Miyamoto himself said something along the lines of 'this isn't anything we haven't seen or tried before'. I personally think Nintendo did see this guy before, but for all we know they could well have tried what he was doing with the remote already, but we don't know at all.

Either way Nintendo are too far into their plans to buy the moon. If analysts are right and their next console will come around 2011-12, then they will most probably be well into research and development at this stage, and if Lee wasn't needed then he wasn't needed.

5stringedbandit

Jun 6, 2009
As if x-box and ps3 weren't already trying to rip Wii off already.... Whats gonna happen now? Super Halo Galaxy?

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
I,m going to use his lightpens for my screen when I get it back :)

Oh, and well done microsoft, it seems you know what you're doing with this projct natal.

rosac

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Wow it's like those impressive 3d movies that have surfaced (Internationally) over the last few years.

Johnny Lee should worry Nintendo.

SamB2604

May 28, 2009
I used a snippet of one of Lee's videos in a presentation I did at University a few months back about 'Zen and Virtual Reality' and my lecturer and also a lot the students thought it was all fake. I think the guys a genius and as was said a few replies up, he was already doing stuff with Nintendo technology that they hadn't yet released! He's a going to be a right asset to the Microsoft team and wish him the best of luck!

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Wingmna said:
Odd. I quoted every line in your message. So if I missed something, it's probably because you didn't put it in. Perhaps your typing got ahead of your thinking.
Wow man. Just wow. I meant you missed the purpose of my post. Just give up man, not even on the same intellectual level.
I dunno, he's managed to talk down to you so far. Maybe when you've gone on to High School he'll start using the big words and make you feel like an adult.

I think this is looking very promising. Mr. Lee clearly knows his stuff, and Microsoft aquiring him is going to be a major coup against Nintendo and Sony. I'm quite impressed Microsoft didn't put something like this up during E3 - a new techie of this calibur wouldn't feel out of place during E3's posturing and psyche outs to the other companies...

Wingmna

Feb 10, 2009
Chipperz said:
Wingmna said:
Odd. I quoted every line in your message. So if I missed something, it's probably because you didn't put it in. Perhaps your typing got ahead of your thinking.
Wow man. Just wow. I meant you missed the purpose of my post. Just give up man, not even on the same intellectual level.
I dunno, he's managed to talk down to you so far. Maybe when you've gone on to High School he'll start using the big words and make you feel like an adult.

I think this is looking very promising. Mr. Lee clearly knows his stuff, and Microsoft aquiring him is going to be a major coup against Nintendo and Sony. I'm quite impressed Microsoft didn't put something like this up during E3 - a new techie of this calibur wouldn't feel out of place during E3's posturing and psyche outs to the other companies...
Prove it, prove that he has talked down to me. How has he been talking down to me? You don't give any information so what you have to say is invalid and purely opinionated crap.

Was it the way that he called me racist? Oh no... wait... he wasn't smart enough to string sentences together... ummm.... or was it the why that he thought Bill Gates actually came up with MS-DOS... oh wait... someone informed him of his mis-information (or what I like to call, "crap", much like the crap you spew out). Or was it all the other times that I proved him wrong, like when he accused me of being nasty when it was he that got personal first?

You fanboys and your lies to protect this idiot company (the one Bill Gates doesn't even work for anymore), funny! They hire some guy who can brake apart an IR sensor and use his knowledge which he studied for with hundreds of others to make it do stuff that IR sensors do! Yes, Mr Lee is a GENIUS, HE INVENT IR SENSING!!!

randommaster said:
Chill out for a moment, because you're arguing with people who are on your side.

I was just saying that Lee's being hired does not mean that there will be revolutionary new games, but that MS hired him to test the limits of Natal.
Firstly, don't generalise me, how do you know I am angry? Does my voice sound loud magically? Or am I CAPS LOCKING SO YOU THINK I AM ANGRY???!!!

Secondly, did you message all those people and they replied back to you saying that they actually agreed with me?
No, I didn't think so.

And thirdly, you are either a complete idiot, or you since you *think* I am angry you are saying "chill" on purpose to make me more angry (even though you are generalising that I am angry). Since some of the most basic humans would know that saying something to someone else when you yourself dislike it being said to yourself is not something you would normally do unless you were less then a basic human. In English, no person who is actually angry likes being told to "chill" or to "cool down" and so I find it hard to believe when people are saying it unless they are saying it on purpose during an argument to piss the other person off even more. Since of course that other person of course does not like to be told that they are angry or that they are being unreasonable and should change pace.

ChromeAlchemist said:
I don't like the way Wingmna is going about it, but I agree with certain points (but not all of them). I honestly don't think that Nintendo are 'shitting themselves' like people think.

When Natal was unveiled Miyamoto himself said something along the lines of 'this isn't anything we haven't seen or tried before'. I personally think Nintendo did see this guy before, but for all we know they could well have tried what he was doing with the remote already, but we don't know at all.

Either way Nintendo are too far into their plans to buy the moon. If analysts are right and their next console will come around 2011-12, then they will most probably be well into research and development at this stage, and if Lee wasn't needed then he wasn't needed.
This goes the same for you. I had good reason to strike back at the others because I was not the first to throw personal insults... If you actually read all the posts. So try again buddy, try again, I'm not going to take it easy on anyone even when they agree with the subject yet find time to insult the way I got my point across.

Which begs the question, was there any other way that I could have put this to all the fanboys crying "LOL N IS PWNED... CAUSE CAUSE MS GOT THIS GUY WHO COULD PLAY AROUND WITH THE IR IN THE REMOTE!!"

Anyway, my points still there, for any other idiot who actually thinks Nintendo is stupid...
http://malstrom.50webs.com/
Read what is on that website and you'll know how moronic MS and Sony have been these past few years. Nintendo has actually been completely open about what they planned to do and the mega-brained business men that MS and Sony hire couldn't even see this obvious mega-money that Nintendo knew they were walking into. So you other fanboys can ignorantly believe what you want, Iwata, Reggie and the rest of Nintendo are simple geniuses. 'Simple' in the sense of how they marketed Nintendo over these past few years to the world was a logical step, cheap console, control looked like a remote, etc, etc.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Wingmna said:
ChromeAlchemist said:

This goes the same for you. I had good reason to strike back at the others because I was not the first to throw personal insults... If you actually read all the posts. So try again buddy, try again, I'm not going to take it easy on anyone even when they agree with the subject yet find time to insult the way I got my point across.

Which begs the question, was there any other way that I could have put this to all the fanboys crying "LOL N IS PWNED... CAUSE CAUSE MS GOT THIS GUY WHO COULD PLAY AROUND WITH THE IR IN THE REMOTE!!"

Anyway, my points still there, for any other idiot who actually thinks Nintendo is stupid...
http://malstrom.50webs.com/
Read what is on that website and you'll know how moronic MS and Sony have been these past few years. Nintendo has actually been completely open about what they planned to do and the mega-brained business men that MS and Sony hire couldn't even see this obvious mega-money that Nintendo knew they were walking into. So you other fanboys can ignorantly believe what you want, Iwata, Reggie and the rest of Nintendo are simple geniuses. 'Simple' in the sense of how they marketed Nintendo over these past few years to the world was a logical step, cheap console, control looked like a remote, etc, etc.
I've read that thing twice, and don't be an asshole and start fights with someone who is agreeing with you, all I did was say I didn't agree with the way you are putting your point across, even though I agreed with most of your points.

While you may not have started it, there was no reason to insult people's intelligence the way you are. If you want to put your points across, then fine, but if you want to go about it like a prick then do it somewhere else, because it's not wanted here.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Sigh.... People have been predicting nintendo's death since the N64...

Sega gave up on hardware, and somehow people think Nintendo will go the same way.

And yet, over it's corporate history, Nintendo has rarely even posted a loss. Even in it's apparent lowest points (eg. Gamecube era for instance).

Nintendo has existed since 1889. - That's 120 years now!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Nintendo

Do you honestly think they've survived that long if they don't know what they're doing?

ADarkHorse

Feb 1, 2009
Secondly, this is messes with 3d so much the processing power for COMPLEX games (not those simple things on a youtube example) would most likely be through the roof (just think about all the dimensions that need to be processed)...
Dude you're an idiot if you think it requires that much more processing to work, for the Wii examples it literally only needs to move the camera in the game in relation to where the controller/glasses are located from the screen.
The game camera already exists, the controller/glasses are already tracked. All it needs is for these two to be combined as he does. Difficult to implement perhaps, but very little actual work for the system to do.
As for "all the dimensions that need to be processed"... it's still 3 dimensions you moron. Don't run your mouth off when it's clear you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Oh and it's already been specified most of the processing for the Natal will take place on the device (there's no way it would work through the standard xbox360 USB interface otherwise).