Max Payne 3 is Delayed. Again.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Max Payne 3 is Delayed. Again.

Max Payne 3 has once again been delayed, but this time Take-Two isn't providing a new release date.

It's been over seven years since Max Payne 2 thrilled gamers, and (to the surprise of absolutely no one) it turns out it's going to be at least another year before Max Payne 3 comes out. Take-Two Interactive has released a 2011 calendar to the public and the game is nowhere to be seen. Here's what the publisher's launch schedule looks like for next year:

? L.A. Noire (Xbox 360, PS3): Spring 2011
? Top Spin 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii): Fiscal Q4 2011
? Major League Baseball 2K11 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC): Fiscal Q4 2011
? Duke Nukem Forever (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2011
? Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
? XCOM (Xbox 360, PC): Fiscal Year 2012
? BioShock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3, PC): Calendar Year 2012

As you can see, Max Payne is suspiciously absent. This flies in the face of both its initial Winter 2009 release date, as well as <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101219-Max-Payne-3-Delayed>news back in June that the game had been delayed until 2011.

Eurogamer spoke to a representative from Take-Two, who stated that the publisher had no other news about the game at this point. Not only that, but no new release date has been confirmed. I guess the good news is that, while the game's release date is now pretty nebulous, it hasn't been canceled yet.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-17-take-two-schedule-forgets-max-payne-3>Eurogamer

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Erhm...This sucks...Though this will give me some time to clear Max Payne 2 again...

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
it's cannned. Each time I think about this, I feel more apathetic about MP3 due how to they fucked-up the look of max for a "newer" audience.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Meh...i'm not too broken up about this. I never really saw how they could pull off a dark, noir style story in Brazil...during the day...

I think the game should just go away forever...seeing as how the second max payne game pretty much wrapped up the storyline...

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
I think that they are doing a Splinter Cell: Conviction. Change the original hobo main character into something closer to the original character model.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Max Payne 3? I'll think you find that isn't Max Payne at all.

Nope, not one bit. Not at all. Not even by an inch.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
<youtube=WWaLxFIVX1s>

I've waited so long already...

Though like most I can't say I have high hopes for how the game will turn out.

SplashyAxis

May 1, 2010
Wow, I had genuinely forgotten this game was being made until I read that headline.

Oh well, I hope these delays mean they're changing a few things. There's something wrong with Max Payne being fat and in the daylight. I also don't see why they need to change the noir setting, which is something a lot of people liked about the other two games. Why fix what isn't broken?

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
Ofcourse it's cancelled. It's a sequel to a noir action-thriller videogame with a fanbase in the mid to late 20s. This is no GTA or even RDR. The franchise was all about atmosphere, characters, refrences(Perp1: What's the password? Perp2: Ok, ok, "John Woo") and easter-eggs(Dick Justice or Dopefish, anyone?). It made the slo-mo feature "bullettime" widely popular and was open to modders. R*'d have to put in chest-high walls, regenerating health, a sprint option, deathmatch multiplayer and space marines to lure in the halo/cod crowd and these'd still be hesitant to buy the game because it's a sequel in a franchise they never even heard of.
I'd love to see a true sequel, because i just want to know if Mona and Max are together after MP2(she didn't die if you beat the game on dead on arrival), but i just don't see it happen and i'd refuse to buy another generic cover-based shooter.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
Don't tell me that image is the new "Max Payne".
It is, which is why I don't give a shit wether they delay it or not, it will suck balls anyway.

Seriously how can you keep the noir setting by letting the game take place in Rio de Janeiro? What where they thinking?

Omgsarge

May 11, 2009
"Another quiet quiet night at my computer. The bright light of my monitor dances before my eyes like a lover on his way to his beloved, leading me to the Escapist web-side. The words " Max Payne 3 is delayed" jumped at me immediately and filled me with utter contempt, making my stomach turn like the cheap Italian food I had for lunch yesterday. Yet at the same time, it filled me with a dark hope. The hope of the games eventual cancellation. It was a delusion I was happy to indulge myself in, but I knew it was inevitable. The dream would shatter, the flesh of fallen angels undone and the redeeming lights of heaven reflected by a enormous, bald head.
Funny as hell, it is the most horrible thing I could think of."

They can delay it to kingdom come for all I care.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
He went bald between MP2 and now, imagine what he will look like by the time the game is released! It's probably delayed because the developers have had to add a walking stick to his character design and stair lifts to every flight of stairs in all of the buildings.

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
Omgsarge said:
"Another quiet quiet night at my computer. The bright light of my monitor dances before my eyes like a lover on his way to his beloved, leading me to the Escapist web-side. The words " Max Payne 3 is delayed" jumped at me immediately and filled me with utter contempt, making my stomach turn like the cheap Italian food I had for lunch yesterday. Yet at the same time, it filled me with a dark hope. The hope of the games eventual cancellation. It was a delusion I was happy to indulge myself in, but I knew it was inevitable. The dream would shatter, the flesh of fallen angels undone and the redeeming lights of heaven reflected by a enormous, bald head.
Funny as hell, it is the most horrible thing I could think of."

They can delay it to kingdom come for all I care.
"This news was the final exclamation mark for everything that had led to this point still i felt like the chair i had broken to get loose."

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I have limited hope that the next Max Payne game will recapture any of what made the previous two so special, but if anyone were going to surprise me Rockstar would be that ones.