ME3...What RPG Elements Got Cut Exactly?

ThoughtlessConcept

Jan 10, 2009
Dasick said:
And yet there were lots more weapon models, mods and skills in ME1.

Yeah, I know, it was either broken or bland. But the system in place allowed for much more depth and variety if properly calibrated (Garrus knows what I'm talking about :) ).
This calls for a high five!

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
ShadowsofHope said:
Actually, they added everything good about the first mass effect to the mechanics of the second mass effect, and just removed most of the pointless "neutral" dialogue from conversations.
So an RPG reduces the number of choices you have during conversations, wouldn't that be the definition of cutting in the RPG elements?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
linwolf said:
ShadowsofHope said:
Actually, they added everything good about the first mass effect to the mechanics of the second mass effect, and just removed most of the pointless "neutral" dialogue from conversations.
So an RPG reduces the number of choices you have during conversations, wouldn't that be the definition of cutting in the RPG elements?
Neutral Options were pointless, they did nothing. In this you have less options but each option has a much larger effect then just changing one word the person responds with.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
linwolf said:
ShadowsofHope said:
Your character gives the "neutral" and "investigate" (save a few major plot point ones) dialogue options that would normally be there as auto-dialogue instead. Which, quite frankly, is much more efficient than having to having to work your way through a redundant six pronged tree of options like you did in the first two games to hear the exact same thing.

What this person said, as well:

Korten12 said:
linwolf said:
ShadowsofHope said:

Neutral Options were pointless, they did nothing. In this you have less options but each option has a much larger effect then just changing one word the person responds with.