Meatbag and Co: A Visit to Jerry's

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
This is still as unfunny as Rusty's jokes, it feels like there are absolutely no punchlines, there's barely anything resembling humour, and the whole thing just feels stilted.

bobfish92

Feb 2, 2011
Simply put, you need a Caboose or a Tucker or a Sarge or a Griff or a Simmons. Two Churches doesn't work.

NvrPhazed

Dec 8, 2010
I thought it was pretty good. There were some parts that were dull in the shopping mart, but I believe that not all jokes need a hard punchline. Witty banter can be a form of humor as well.

EDIT: Derek, I'm going on a smoke break...gonna smoke these fools. that was awesome.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Can't say it's working for me. But possibly if things improve over the next couple. Not exactly anything that I find funny, or interesting.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
Still feels like the episode is dragged on with just alot of babble. You think the miner would have snapped at the manager.

You need to work on the pacing abit. Do it for Tree Face.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Certainly a lot better than the first, but it still feels a bit slow. I'm hoping to see it get better, though.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
arcaspiff said:
Wow! That was great! Storm King was hilarious! Keeps getting better guys!
And from last week.

arcaspiff said:
Good stuff! I saw a Jessie Moore in the credits.. Is that the guy from roboawesome.com?

I can't wait to see more meatbag & co. The writing is excellent!
Considering how luke-warm at best of a reception that this has received. And that you only have 2 posts total, you really come off as a plant or someone personally involved. Now that might not be the case. But all the signs are highly suspicious.

I'm all for giving a program several tries before giving up. But this kind of thing rubs me the wrong way.

arcaspiff

Dec 23, 2011
Oh my bad fellas. I had just found Escapist a few weeks ago and have yet to really comment on stuff. Typically my video game sites included Kotaku and RoboAwesome. So SCREW me for finally hopping on board Escapist, and then when I find something i LIKE I get blasted. Oh wait its the internet, filled with suspicion and hate. Thats what i get for coming here.

I guess I need to start posting on every other video here to make you guys happy.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
The two central characters are pretty much the same; there needs to be a bit more variation.

Personally, I'm willing to give this one more chance to get funny before I stop watching it altogether...

arcaspiff said:
Oh my bad fellas. I had just found Escapist a few weeks ago and have yet to really comment on stuff. Typically my video game sites included Kotaku and RoboAwesome. So SCREW me for finally hopping on board Escapist, and then when I find something i LIKE I get blasted. Oh wait its the internet, filled with suspicion and hate. Thats what i get for coming here.

I guess I need to start posting on every other video here to make you guys happy.
You commented extremely positivley on two videos which everybody else either hated or found mediocre, and nothing else...

Surely you can at least see why he's suspicious?

arcaspiff

Dec 23, 2011
perhaps. But it was not intended to be as such. I watched it and it reminded me of the guy at RoboAwesome who does their videos, so I asked. I didnt know what other way to contact them. So i did my best to express my thoughts and I got slapped. Its the internet after all.

I will make sure to comment on more things, that way the escapist community can maybe one day accept me like the communities at Kotaku and RoboAwesome accept me.

regardless, I cannot wait to see more.

umbraticus

May 4, 2011
i'm really trying to give this show a chance, but i'm just going to be blunt and say:... booooring! last time i watch it...

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Mouse_Crouse said:
arcaspiff said:
And from last week.

arcaspiff said:
Good stuff! I saw a Jessie Moore in the credits.. Is that the guy from roboawesome.com?

Considering how luke-warm at best of a reception that this has received. And that you only have 2 posts total, you really come off as a plant or someone personally involved. Now that might not be the case. But all the signs are highly suspicious.

I'm all for giving a program several tries before giving up. But this kind of thing rubs me the wrong way.

Wow dude, uh lay on the conspiracies a bit thicker maybe?

I enjoyed this episode a lot, I hope that doesn't mess up your data too much, although I guess I could actually just be a sentient computer which would fully explain why I liked this episode because I have a completely different sense of humour from all human beings

arcaspiff

Dec 23, 2011
BrotherRool said:
Mouse_Crouse said:
arcaspiff said:
And from last week.

arcaspiff said:

Wow dude, uh lay on the conspiracies a bit thicker maybe?

I enjoyed this episode a lot, I hope that doesn't mess up your data too much, although I guess I could actually just be a sentient computer which would fully explain why I liked this episode because I have a completely different sense of humour from all human beings
youre my hero.

wait, i better not quote you, people will think we are best bro-computers.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Not loving it, not hating it...

I'd like to see this grow into something akin to The Legend of Hobo in terms of hilarity, but so far I'm unimpressed. At least it's leaps and bounds better than Game Dogs ever was.

Fordo

Oct 17, 2007
The funniest parts for me were:
Perogies and angst with perogies
Rusty Robots

Needs to be more believable next time though. Who would ever shop at a place called Jerry's?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
First time I've seen this.

I like the idea of using minecraft as a medium to tell stories and create interesting settings, but the writing is bad. The writers need to read up on how to produce comedy. Basically, to write comedy, all you need is create a familiar situation and then defy expectations, alternatively, make clever observations about the real world, or perhaps go for an all out, anarchic, lightning paced sight gags.