Meet the Facebook Game That Mocks Facebook Games

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
Brilliant. No other word can describe it.

Dude, dude dude dude, you'll NEVER guess what I just did in cow clicker!

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
catching a glimpse of FrontierVille on Susan Arendt's screen every once in a while
Whoa whoa whoa.

Susan Arendt plays FrontierVille?

[HEADING=1]I thought I loved you Susan! D':[/HEADING]

I kid I kid XD

OT: I think this game is brilliant! Being British, I do love a little bit of satire in my life ^^

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Woodsey said:
"You can buy additional clicks via microtransactions called "mooney,"

If Mooney doesn't crop up in every single game for the next 5 years like bullet-time did, I will be sorely disappointed.
Do you think we can convince MS to give up the points thing and go with Mooney? I know I would be more inclined to buy arcade games if they did.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Simalacrum said:
catching a glimpse of FrontierVille on Susan Arendt's screen every once in a while
Whoa whoa whoa.

Susan Arendt plays FrontierVille?

[HEADING=1]I thought I loved you Susan! D':[/HEADING]

I kid I kid XD

OT: I think this game is brilliant! Being British, I do love a little bit of satire in my life ^^
Been known to from time to time, yep. The animation when you have to scare off a bear is hysterical - just ask Funk - the fox looks like he's on heroin, and you collect poop. It's a hoot. It's also a fun way to interact with other game journos and game devs.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
I am certainly interested to see how far this goes. Facebook applications are popular in part because they are based on social networking. Friends helping friends. Cow Clicker seems to be nothing more than clicking, which is pretty sub-par even by the standards of the extremely casual games on Facebook. It's been no secret that even such casual games can be played in a very hardcore way, but Cow Clicker is something in a league of it's own. Something that surpasses casual in a way that leads me to think that it's not a proper satire of Facebook games in general.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Great...another facebook app that I'm going to have to get messages about (I've set my facebook to block apps but recently found out that my message box was still FULL of messages related to the games.)

OT: Interesting article.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, it's still not that that will make my Facebook account stop being a deserted wasteland. You need a little more than a chocolate cow to do that.

Not much more, though. Chocolate cows are pretty awesome.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
While Facebook is one of those things that I think of primarily as a content-delivery platform to gin up interest in my other projects among my friends and not as a gaming platform, I nonetheless took a valuable thing away from Mr. Funk's latest article, specifically:

I REALLY like the use of the term "lifestyle" rather than "hardcore" gamer. Far fewer potty-mouthed-kid-on-Live connotations. I shall eagerly adopt this term as part of my self-description.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Where can I go to buy more clicks with my money, I have money and I NEED more clicks! I hope this game becomes a huge hit and the fans demand updates and new cows.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Any news I stumble across during the rest of the week will be suffering some serious competition in the "making me laugh the hardest" category, as this is absolutely brilliant. I think I will point it out to those folks I know who are inexplicably obsessed with Mafia Wars and the like.

To err is human; to moo bovine.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Haha I love satire and already love this game, but they need to release more satire/parody games for popular genres.