Meet the Facebook Game That Mocks Facebook Games

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
MizPiz said:
I guess the hipsters are catching on to hating facebook games.
Me, I always hated Facebook games. I only ever played them just to be ironic. (Sorry, I couldn't help that.)

But in all seriousness, I get the impression Facebook games - or more precisely - Zynga games have always been loathed by a large part of the FMs here on the Escapist.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
This reminds me of Hypnotoad and Everybody Loves Hypnotoad. I`m all in for retarded fun but this is too much.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Well, I've just started my own Cow Clicking adventure. Let's see how long I'll play this one. I'll give it less than a week.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I shall invite all my friends! Let's see how they like it, damn FrontierVille invites...

Plus, I need my clicks, dammit!!!

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I'm going to go buy a rope and get on my chair.

Honestly this is very disappointing and if any of my friends play it, I will slap them.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
The whole "Game you can play without actually playing it" aspect of social games is why I hate them with a fiery passion. They may be games, but that aspect is a perversion of the entire concept of a video game.

Take Heavy Rain. Sure, it was just machinma you had to push buttons to watch, but at least when you pushed buttons something other than the prospect of pushing more buttons happened.

Games like FarmVille and FrontierVille, on the other hand, just have you push buttons so that you'd have the privilege to have your friends push buttons so they could have you push buttons. There's no drive. No motive. It's an empty, emotionless joke.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Click my cow!
Click it, and click it hard!
Mmmmyeah, that's good stuff.

Genius!

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I'm tempted to play this just so I can post a message saying that I clicked my cow and see people's reactions. I wonder how many other people would click their cows in response.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Susan Arendt said:
Simalacrum said:
catching a glimpse of FrontierVille on Susan Arendt's screen every once in a while
Whoa whoa whoa.

Susan Arendt plays FrontierVille?

[HEADING=1]I thought I loved you Susan! D':[/HEADING]

I kid I kid XD

OT: I think this game is brilliant! Being British, I do love a little bit of satire in my life ^^
Been known to from time to time, yep. The animation when you have to scare off a bear is hysterical - just ask Funk - the fox looks like he's on heroin, and you collect poop. It's a hoot. It's also a fun way to interact with other game journos and game devs.
It's true. More games need to let you scare bears (not care bears) by jumping up and down and wiggling your hands.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Arcanist said:
The whole "Game you can play without actually playing it" aspect of social games is why I hate them with a fiery passion. They may be games, but that aspect is a perversion of the entire concept of a video game.

Take Heavy Rain. Sure, it was just machinma you had to push buttons to watch, but at least when you pushed buttons something other than the prospect of pushing more buttons happened.

Games like FarmVille and FrontierVille, on the other hand, just have you push buttons so that you'd have the privilege to have your friends push buttons so they could have you push buttons. There's no drive. No motive. It's an empty, emotionless joke.
I haven't played FarmVille in quite some time, but there's a point to FrontierVille. You have to clear your property, collect different sets of items, get married, raise crops, etc. You're given goals to achieve, and while some of them involve visiting neighbors and helping them out, the vast majority of them don't. It's certainly not a skill-twisting challenge, or anything, but there's more substance there than you might think.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Baldry said:
I'm going to go buy a rope and get on my chair.

Honestly this is very disappointing and if any of my friends play it, I will slap them.
But since it's an ironic jab at Facebook games, it's ok right? This is the only Facebook game I could stomach because it's hilarious.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
This is an all new take to the term "Grinding".

GOD, that sounds mundane... yet you -know- people will play it.