Meet the Girlfriend From Hell in Shadows of the Damned

nagi

Mar 20, 2009
loc978 said:
Well, at least she wasn't lactating fire.
Ooooh, wait till level 5!

Funny trailer, but... Dante's Inferno in modern coating, seemingly nothing more.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
YOUR GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY DEMONS.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE YOUR GIRLFRIEND?

This trailer wouldn't have quite convinced me, but then in the last second they showed that there was a bright Welcome to Hell neon sign. It's not my favourite sign above Hell's door (that would be Least Happy Place on the World!) but it worked.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
Remember when red was red and not pink? What is up with all of these games since Unreal Tournament 3 doing the red is pink, sewer green filter everything is overexposed look? I don't even think Shadows of the Damned is an Unreal Engine 3 game and yet it still has that identical UT 3, Batman AA, DCUO, Transformers: War For Cybertron, Rise of the Argonauts, Mortal Kombat vs. DC default UE3 shader aesthetic.

Game seems fun and I very much look forward to it... I just hate that "look" for games.

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Hey look! An allegory for Orpheus' decent into the underworld! Cool!
HMM does the main character have a guitar, lyre, or some other musical instrument? Cause what you said actually may make me play this game instead of ignoring it if it is true. Wait wait wait. Girlfriend kidnapped by demons/undead, bad ass male characters with gun thats able to kick butt and take names of said demons, and a whole bucket full of blood? Please tell me this isn't a Splatterhouse clone. Sigh alright I'm reading too much into this game; I'll wait for the review.

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
I told myself when i saw the first underwhelming trailer: Suda you made No more heroes and Killer 7, so i love you like a brother and am willing to give you another chance. Glad i did, it's like No More Resident Evil Heroes

vortexgods

Apr 24, 2008
"Meet the Girlfriend From Hell in Shadows of the Damned"

Sadly, I have already met the girlfriend from Hell.

KingSuperTim

Mar 8, 2011
Zechnophobe said:
So, did they know they missed a great DOUBLE pun there?
"and there's going to be hell to pay" could have been "and there's going to be hell to PLAY".
Just what i was thinking, man these adverts just don't know good puns :p

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
damn, that looks like its coming together awesome

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
looks like Painkiller mixed with Evil Dead wrapped in awesome, with awesomesauce on the side.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
Apparently they heard the phrase "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" and decided to hire some outside help to solve that.

Tom Goldman said:
If you think you've got relationship troubles, at least your significant other isn't a demon.
Speak for yourself.
Seconding this, pretty sure the last girl I dated was from Hell.

That being said, I hope this turns out better than "Dante's Inferno." It seems like just a modernization of that failed project, though.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Does anyone else see the main character from this game accidentally bumping into Dante from Dante's Inferno? Seriously though, the similarities are pretty strong, based on what I just saw.