Meet The Pyro

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Well this totally makes up for Half-Life3.

But yeah, joking aside, Meet The Team vids have always been great, and Meet The Pyro must have been the most anticipated one. And despite all the pressure, Valve did not disappoint.

Very amusing, another unique character fleshed out, another great tech demo for their movie maker, another great piece of publicity for TF2 (hell, it makes me want to reinstall the game right now)

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
That remimded me of that one episode of Eek the Cat where Sharky got reprogrammed to be non-violent a la Clockwork Orange and still manaed to spread terror.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Scorched_Cascade said:
I loved it. *pukes Rainbows*

All the dialogue on the Pyro's being was great too.

The Heavy "I fear no man......but that thing"
The Scout (according to the captions says: "He's not here is she?"
The Spy "Inhuman thoughts"

They pretty much just tipped their hat at the most popular theories.

It's kind of funny how many people think the Pyro is on drugs though, it's the constant exposure to the high levels of asbestos in his/her/it's suit people (the same thing that screwed his/her/it's lungs up), wake up :)

Asbestos...not even once.
If you look closely to the clouds in PyroVision, you can see the universal gender symbol flying around.. but the part where you can see if it's male or female (The arrow of the cross) is to blurry to make out.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Pyro vision is a trip... flowers and rainbows everywhere.

And how come all of the new achievements are 50000% easier to get than the Foundry ones? Got over half of them in about 2 hours of playing.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I honestly always loved the Pyro. From his gleeful cheer taunt to his Dragon Ball Z(ish) taunt attack. He/She is my favorite. This just made me want to go out and by a stuffed animal version of the Pyro to place next to my computer.
or possibly buy a Pyro bubble blower

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
this was awesome. but the pyro really scares me now since everyone else is in it for the murder but he clearly is just completely insane. oh and i want a pyro hat that give me pyro-vision.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
MercurySteam said:
We that's the whole team done now. TF3 anyone?
They said a while back that there's not going to be a TF3 (don't want to become a less annual version of Call of Duty), they're just going to sustain TF2 as their primary online title & make extra scratch off the mann-conomy.

Apr 5, 2008
Brilliant video, really something special. Valve's creative team must have so much fun letting loose these ingenious, brilliant ideas that lead to videos like this, games like Portal and L4D, etc. All the TF2 vids are great, though I would have to say my favourite is "Meet the Sandvich".

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
GZGoten said:
so the Scout call him a "he", the Spy call's him an "it", and the song says "in her heart" so what are we going with here?

also didn't Gabe said he was a bronie?
Didn't the Scout say "He's not here, is she?"

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
I liked Meet the Spy better, even though I absolutely hate Spies. It's in my top 3:
1. Meet the Spy
2. Meet the Pyro
3. Meet the Medic