Mega Man Explodes Across the Universe

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Nicarus said:
An MMO Megaman? I can see a little bit of how it could work, but then again what's the main story? Will this really be like Legends, or something from the ZX series? But too be honest, I ain't gonna hold my breath on this one.

If anything, they need to bring out a third Legends game, cuz the second one didn't have closure.
A Capcom game with closure? Come on, you know better. Still, MML 3 for the win plox!

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It sounds like a fighting game to me. The Megs Man universe would be referring to the canon of the series and the bringing together of various characters for an (ironically non-canon) fight game. Of course that doesn't seem very new, so I doubt if that is the new exciting idea. It also sounds like an MMO to me, too. I just don't want to be a Met.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Zero: I'm sorry, Megaman, you can't group with us. Your Megabuster needs at least another 6 levels. Go kill robots for a few days and get back to us later, alright?

Megaman: ...

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Mega Man's originality and quality dried up long ago so I'm not hoping for anything when it comes to a new installement.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Wildrow12 said:
Hmm..you know, I would actually welcome a new Megaman Legends game.

Yes, I am aware that I am one of the few who loved both it and its spin-off, the Misadventures of Tron Bonne. But damn it, I would love to see more of both. Hell, another game where you could rampage around as Tron would be awesome beyond words.
I agree. I much prefer Megaman Legends to the sprite games. The Misadventures of Tronn Bonne was actually one of the rare spin-offs that were actually good. I wasted so many hours beating the crap out of everything. There's nothing funnier than watching some random policeman getting gang-raped by little retarded servbots. :3

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
You bastard! I thought from the pic is was going to be Megaman Legends! That's just cruel, CRUEL I tell you. The first two are amazing, they need a third one!

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
You got my hopes up with that picture of Megaman Legends 2 D:

I freakin' LOVE those games. Seriously. Megaman Legends (the first) is that shining gem in my collection that will never be sold. Ever. So if this "Universe" is another game in the style of "Legends"... I will have faith in the universe. And will have another Legends game YESSS! DATA FTW! :D

[sub]I also do the Data monkey dance every now and again...[/sub]

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
therandombear said:
Never liked the 8-bit megaman, Battle Network was good though, I actually want more of it, shame it's ended though.
Battle Network stopped being good at around 4. 4 was so bad, lots of people don't even acknowledge it. 5 is okay on the DS, since it's double the game on one slot, but 6 on the GBA was... meh. Really meh. I finished Megaman Battle Network 3 at least 4 times, each time with a different style, and I barely finished 4 and 6 once, each. Didn't bother with different versions.

However, there will be a Battle Network 1 remake on the DS from what I've heard.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Snotnarok said:
You bastard! I thought from the pic is was going to be Megaman Legends! That's just cruel, CRUEL I tell you. The first two are amazing, they need a third one!
It did that for me too. Now I'm sad.
9NineBreaker9 said:
You got my hopes up with that picture of Megaman Legends 2 D:
I freakin' LOVE those games. Seriously. Megaman Legends (the first) is that shining gem in my collection that will never be sold. Ever. So if this "Universe" is another game in the style of "Legends"... I will have faith in the universe. And will have another Legends game YESSS! DATA FTW! :D

[sub]I also do the Data monkey dance every now and again...[/sub]
I loved Data so much![sub]I also do that little dance every once and a while.[/sub]

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Abedeus said:
therandombear said:
Never liked the 8-bit megaman, Battle Network was good though, I actually want more of it, shame it's ended though.
Battle Network stopped being good at around 4. 4 was so bad, lots of people don't even acknowledge it. 5 is okay on the DS, since it's double the game on one slot, but 6 on the GBA was... meh. Really meh. I finished Megaman Battle Network 3 at least 4 times, each time with a different style, and I barely finished 4 and 6 once, each. Didn't bother with different versions.

However, there will be a Battle Network 1 remake on the DS from what I've heard.
I have never played the 4th battle network, never found it in the stores, but I have played the others, and as you did I have completed Battle Network 3 several times as well. That and number 2 was my favourittes.

VirusHunter

Nov 19, 2009
The battle network series was awesome and StarForce 3 was pretty good. I can't wait to see what Capcom has in store.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
[small]PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE LET IT BE THIS PLEASE[/small]
WTF? I want.

Sarah Frazier

Dec 7, 2010
The old Megaman 2D side scroller was never something I could get into. Too much frustration at having to know exactly what to do before ever doing it, and most of the time I threw the game away without having ever seen any of the bosses. I would be interested in a Megaman MMO, assuming there aren't death traps every few feet in an obstacle course. Being 2D and side scrolling like the old Gameboy versions will worry me a bit for a few reasons, but that's what free trials are for.