Mega Man Meets Team Fortress 2 in Scout Man

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mega Man Meets Team Fortress 2 in Scout Man

One fan of Team Fortress 2 and the classic NES Mega Man games has mashed the two up: Can Scout Man possibly take on the likes of Heavy Man and Demo Man?

Oh, TF2 mashups, do you ever get old? I submit that you do not - this particular project is the work of DeviantART user AgentMidnight [http://agentmidnight.deviantart.com/gallery/], who is busy reimagining Team Fortress 2 in the style of the old NES Mega Man games. At the moment, he has some sprite art and animation up in his DeviantART gallery, as well as the character select screen you see here.

There's no word on if AgentMidnight ever plans on perhaps turning this into a full fan-made project, but the little that is there is actually pretty cool. I'm a particular fan of Spy Man's cloaking animation, myself.

Of course, any classic Mega Man fan worth their salt is going to look at the image you see here and immediately start trying to figure out the best order in which to fight the bosses. We all know that Pyro Man is going to be powerful against Spy Man, and Spy Man in turn beats Sniper Man, who is strong against Heavy Man, but that's where I get stumped. I guess Demo Man would be Engie Man's weakness, though - it only makes sense.

I know I'd play this game, for sure. I bet fighting through Saxton Hale's castle would be a total pain in the ass, though.

(Via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5528160/team-fortress-2-meet-mega-man])

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
How can we finance this game?

SOMEONE CALL THE SUPER MARIO CROSSOVER [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/alt-escape/7499-Alt-Escape-Super-Mario-Crossover] PEOPLE!

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
I think that the order is...

Soldier Man -> Demo Man -> Engy Man -> Pyro Man -> Spy Man -> Sniper Man -> Heavy Man. I fail to see how Medic Man works into this.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
I have a feeling Medic Man will drop the most OP weapon of the game: invincibility. And passive healing.

Also, why is Scout Man the only blue Root Master?

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Kollega said:
I think that the order is...

Soldier Man -> Demo Man -> Engy Man -> Pyro Man -> Spy Man -> Sniper Man -> Heavy Man. Fail to see how Medic Man works into this.
Simple.
Medic Man > All other classes.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I'd play it. Heavy man would probably suck, sadly, but I'd still play it.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Medic Man > Heavy Man > Demo Man > Soldier Man > Snipe Man > Pyro Man > Spy Man > Engin Man > Medic Man

You would probally want to start with Medic Man since he'd likely be the weakest Fortress Master(Like Robot Master) to Scout Man's attack.

At least you'd start of with double jump instead of needing to learn it. Or you use that as a tactic to beat Snipe Man possibly.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
How can we finance this game?

SOMEONE CALL THE SUPER MARIO CROSSOVER [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/alt-escape/7499-Alt-Escape-Super-Mario-Crossover] PEOPLE!
Seriously! This would be so epic!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Make it now! Make it now!
Come on, people, this is going to rock.
Yeehaw, would you imagine the Medic Man level? Deadly syringes and all.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
AjimboB said:
I'm pretty sure the right order would be:

medic -> soldier -> pyro -> spy -> sniper -> heavy -> demo -> engi.

It makes sense when you think about it.
I would have to agree with this one. When going through it myself, I knew the hardest part would be figuring out who to take first. For me it was a toss up between Solider and Medic to start against, and you could probably flip the two without having any problems.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Who's to say all 8 bosses have to be in the same chain? Or loop? Or whatever?
Just because that was the case with Mega Man 4, 5, and 6?

I mean, Mega Man 2 had a 3-boss loop and a 5-boss loop...
Air Man -> Crash Man -> Wood Man (loops back to Air Man)
Metal Man -> Bubble Man -> Heat Man -> Flash Man -> Quick Man (loops back to Metal Man)

As did Mega Man 3...
Magnet Man -> Hard Man -> Top Man -> Shadow Man -> Spark Man (loops back to Magnet Man)
Snake Man -> Gemini Man -> Needle Man (loops back to Snake Man)

You know what? Something's telling me this would have two 4-boss loops rather than one 8-boss one.
John, if we take your thoughts about it, I think the boss loops would be these:

Pyro Man -> Spy Man -> Sniper Man -> Heavy Man (loops back to Pyro Man)
Demo Man -> Engy Man -> Soldier Man -> Medic Man (loops back to Demo Man)

Don't ask for my reasoning. Some boss weaknesses in the Mega Man series can never be understood.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
God Capcom/Valve

Please do not kill this project if it comes to light.

I would Pay each Valve, Capcom AND the Creator of this game to see this game come to be.