Megan Fox Quits Transformers Movies

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
theshadowcult said:
None of those words are accurate to describe Trannies 2, the movie was shit, but it was imaginative, exciting, and colourful.
Well, that's quite a contradiction, don't you think? I have never heard of "exciting shit".
It's some sort of "super-shit".

OT: I'm glad. Bad actors shouldn't get cast because they have big titties. And people should stop going to watch movies for big titties.
I hereby decree that all actresses must have small titties, so as to not distract me from the plot!

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Ben Legend said:
Good. Seriously... I don't understand all the fascination on her... she isn't anything special in my view.
I agree, she is hot in the most boring way possible. Megan Fox might as well just show it all and then go back and then atleast try to be a serious actor.

I find Eva Green to be much more attractive anyway, while Megan Fox can only do the one kind of broing sexy Eva Green can do loads of different kinds of sexy. I think there was one pic with her doing burlesque (which is incredibley sexy).

And here is the Burlesque one.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Jandau said:
4. Both movies massively succesful despite all the above, meaning the next one will follow in their footsteps.
This right here. Most people I've known who weren't nerds in some fashion thought that the movies were very entertaining. They enjoyed the mix of BAYSPLOSION! and human drama, as well as the toilet humor.

The movies have wide mainstream appeal. So they're not going to change because a minority are complaining.

House_Vet

Dec 27, 2009
Lono Shrugged said:
manicgreenapple said:
...Am I the only one who likes what Michael Bay does?
I think he's cheesy as hell, can't carry a story that much and always uses the same visual tricks and sub Joss Whedon one liners.
Yeah, but everyone else's one-liners are "sub Joss" one liners ;)

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
This was followed by an unsigned letter written by three members of the Transformers crew, which accused her of being "dumb", "ungracious", and "unappreciative".
Unsigned, huh? Fox may or may not be all of the above, but at least she didn't hide her identity like a little ***** when she spoke her mind on Michael Bay.

Cowards.

I doubt her leaving the franchise will make it any better or worse, but here's to hoping she develops her craft and becomes a noteworthy actress.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
Great now I have to jack off to Optimus Prime. What? Did you think I watched it for the 'story'. The robots were the greatest aspect of the franchise, the only human element I enjoyed was Fox bending over a motor cycle.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
What with 'The Beefs' comments as of late [http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/05/shia_the_beef_has_pretty_good_taste.php], methinks the Transformers franchise is in serious trouble...

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Daipire said:
good, she's gotten ugly lately.
Lately? She has always been rather aggresively average looking. Not pretty, but not mirror shattering ugly. Remarkably indistinguishable.

My first thought was [sarcasm] What a tragic blow to the franchise! [/sarcasm] Perhaps the rest of her career will be limited to Horror flicks where she will be credited as "Average looking girl". I don't see any Awards for acting in her future, unless you count the delightfuly amusing Rasberry Awards.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Jandau said:
To all you people rejoicing at this news - What exactly are you so happy about? She wasn't the problem. She wasn't what made the Transformers movies crap. She's simply eyecandy with mediocre acting skills. If you want a problem, try these:

1. A retarded idiot directing the whole thing.
2. Two talentless rejects writing the whole thing.
3. Overly focused on human characters (seriously, I don't care about Shia LeBouf's college roommates)
4. Both movies massively succesful despite all the above, meaning the next one will follow in their footsteps.

Megan Fox is the least of the franchise's problems, and at least she was pleasant to look at...
You forgot:
5. Giant robot balls.
6. Inbred robot twins.

There's probably more still but my brain is too tired to think.

I don't actually mind Shia LaBeouf or Bay's explosion fetish. It's just a shame that the bits without explosions were mostly painful to watch (particularly in number 2).

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
I know, why not have her character humorously killed off in a very messy but boring way in the opening credits. Like one of the robots sat on her.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
rees263 said:
You forgot:
5. Giant robot balls.
6. Inbred robot twins.

There's probably more still but my brain is too tired to think.

I don't actually mind Shia LaBeouf or Bay's explosion fetish. It's just a shame that the bits without explosions were mostly painful to watch (particularly in number 2).
5. and 6. are a direct result of 1. and 2. ;)

As for exposition, I don't normally mind it, but for instance Transformers 2 has about 30 solid minutes early in the movie when Shia is going to college, meeting his roommates and having relationship trouble with Megan Fox. That section is pointless, has almost no bearing rest of the film and could have been condensed into 5-10 minutes without any loss to the overall story.

And it's stuff like this that drag the movies down. Too much focus on boring human characters. Didn't we all come there to watch giant robots? :p

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Well, it's not like her character actually... did anything. Like... ever. I don't think we'll notice the difference.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Anyone else notice how similar the name Mikeala Banes is to Michael Bay? What if they're the same person!?