Men allowed into the women's changing area. Bathroom debate.

Gengisgame

Feb 15, 2015
Dreiko said:
I think this whole issue is puritanical. Lets say dudes are getting off by hearing you pee, so...what. Is your purity damaged, your honor impuned? Aren't these issues where people nowadays say that it doesn't matter wether one is pure or has such types of honor.
I actually find the idea of the entire toilet thing the ever onward march of virtue signalers and social justice warriors.

I'm against on principal, I don't think many people really give a sh*t about the overall issue.

What I care about is the frenzy involving these situations, that they will jump from one issue to the next just to feel like they are fighting evil or whatever. That we will keep making society more complicated just so people feel like they are fighting the man and there is clearly groups captilazing on it.

My point about involving males was just to point out the hypocrisy, we discriminate because sometimes it's just makes sense and we need to accept that.

Trans aren't the same as the gender they want to be whether they are mentally they have the same minds or not, so it just makes sense to continue on doing things the way they've been done for our own sanity.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Gengisgame said:
I actually find the idea of the entire toilet thing the ever onward march of virtue signalers and social justice warriors.

I'm against on principal, I don't think many people really give a sh*t about the overall issue.

What I care about is the frenzy involving these situations, that they will jump from one issue to the next just to feel like they are fighting evil or whatever. That we will keep making society more complicated just so people feel like they are fighting the man and there is clearly groups captilazing on it.
Trans people have been using bathrooms that match their gender identity for as long as there's been gendered bathrooms. It hasn't been illegal in a vast majority of locations until the idiots who lost out trying to keep gay marriage banned needed a new target.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
I've experienced unisex bathrooms in places like the nightclub Fabric, it's a...interesting experience but dunno if I'd like it to be the norm. For starters my experience of mixed bathrooms is people loiter in them and it seems like an amazingly social place xD Though thankfully at least the stalls are private.

Phasmal said:
Well, considering the amount of stupid comments from dudes saying they'd pretend to be trans to gain access to areas where women were changing- no. I don't think men should be allowed in women's changing areas or toilets.
I've experienced the opposite of this irl.
Trust me when I say girls going to the men's bathrooms just to watch boys pee doesn't make me any more comfortable on my side.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
They need to have single occupant facilities implemented everywhere. Problem solved. That way regardless of if you are male female or both you can get naked in there without anyone bothering you. Females harass females. Males harass males. Females harass males and males harass females. The only way to solve this is actually give people the privacy they need.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Frankster said:
Phasmal said:
Well, considering the amount of stupid comments from dudes saying they'd pretend to be trans to gain access to areas where women were changing- no. I don't think men should be allowed in women's changing areas or toilets.
I've experienced the opposite of this irl.
Trust me when I say girls going to the men's bathrooms just to watch boys pee doesn't make me any more comfortable on my side.
Well, yeah. I doubt anyone is comfortable being watched while they pee (unless they're into it, whatever).
This is why every bathroom should have stalls.
I'm glad I'm not a dude, I'd never want to use a urinal. It's just weird to me.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Lil devils x said:
They need to have single occupant facilities implemented everywhere. Problem solved. That way regardless of if you are male female or both you can get naked in there without anyone bothering you. Females harass females. Males harass males. Females harass males and males harass females. The only way to solve this is actually give people the privacy they need.
As a former club owner who had to install troughs just to stop men queueing to use a bathroom, I can say this is economically infeasible. I agree with stalls. But total privacy (as in single occupancy rooms) in any gathering is a tall ask. Trans people are the gender they identify as ... keep it as it's always been. That includes changing areas. It hasn't stopped us policing perverts in ther past, and the whole U.S. bathroom bill nonsense is just that.

A non-issue brought up by retards.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Gengisgame said:
Trans aren't the same as the gender they want to be whether they are mentally they have the same minds or not, so it just makes sense to continue on doing things the way they've been done for our own sanity.
In other words, to keep using the bathrooms like they've always been doing?

Because they have, brother. I promise you.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
Lil devils x said:
As a former club owner who had to install troughs just to stop men queueing to use a bathroom, I can say this is economically infeasible. I agree with stalls. But total privacy (as in single occupancy rooms) in any gathering is a tall ask. Trans people are the gender they identify as ... keep it as it's always been. That includes changing areas. It hasn't stopped us policing perverts in ther past, and the whole U.S. bathroom bill nonsense is just that.

it entirely depends on the facilities in question. For example, many school showers look like this:

There is no privacy between the students. When I took showers in school, we had no curtains or anything else and we actually helped wash each others hair. We were entirely naked in the school showers with not even a curtain. There were no stalls, dividers or curtains for changing and shower areas. It is not uncommon here for bathrooms not even to have stalls.

Some facilities are set up like this:

Depending on the situation, it may just be easier to create a single occupancy facility instead of changing everything they already have. Schools, for example, already have single occupancy bathrooms, but usually those are reserved for just the staff. They can open access to students who need to use them as well. There are many students, not just transgenders who have need to use a single occupancy facility and they too should be able to do so. It is not only transgender people who are targeted in the bathrooms, both males and females are targeted and they need to have options as well.

Due to women's outfits, sometimes you get entirely naked just to go to the bathroom.
For example:
Our gymnastics uniforms in high school are like this:

To go to the restroom, you pull the thing off from the top down. It is one piece, and yes you are naked.
This works the same way:

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Lil devils x said:
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
Lil devils x said:

it entirely depends on the facilities in question. For example, many school showers look like this:

There is no privacy between the students. When I took showers in school, we had no curtains or anything else and we actually helped wash each others hair. We were entirely naked in the school showers with not even a curtain. There were no stalls, dividers or curtains for changing and shower areas. It is not uncommon here for bathrooms not even to have stalls.

Some facilities are set up like this:

Depending on the situation, it may just be easier to create a single occupancy facility instead of changing everything they already have. Schools, for example, already have single occupancy bathrooms, but usually those are reserved for just the staff. They can open access to students who need to use them as well. There are many students, not just transgenders who have need to use a single occupancy facility and they too should be able to do so. It is not only transgender people who are targeted in the bathrooms, both males and females are targeted and they need to have options as well.

Due to women's outfits, sometimes you get entirely naked just to go to the bathroom.
For example:
Our gymnastics uniforms in high school are like this:

To go to the restroom, you pull the thing off from the top down. It is one piece, and yes you are naked.
This works the same way:
A lot of that to me just sounds like an excuse not to go to the trouble of making indipendent privacy stalls mandatory, which they absolutely should be. I mean I know plenty of gals who ended up with poor GPAs just because they refused to dress down infront of everyone else in a locker room, because of the lack of privacy. What some facilities look like is only relevant to the fact that they're a poorly thought out mess and need to be improved.

Edit: Restrooms with improper privacy accommodations, especially women's restrooms that are like that, are a public health hazard too. The body conscious will avoid them, choosing to "hold in", which can cause urinary tract infections and incontinence. That makes those restrooms a public health hazard, because they're not making proper accommodations for even the demographic they're supposed to serve.

Also I pretty sure we've been over this before, at length... Transgender is an adjective not a noun, as well as the fact that using terms like "transgenders" as a proper noun is dehumanizing.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Lil devils x said:
What does any of these have to do about changing rooms? As I said. I was in the army... multiple times during training... getting naked, regardless of of your dangly bits, was kind of the norm. Segregated bathrooms were a mythical concept in the bush. They were there if we had some measure of civilization. But that was hardly the case many times. Also how does this relate when you can have privacy stalls? Or trans students? We've had trans students choosing the bathroom/changing rooms of their gender identity for decades. Never been a problem. Ever...

Trans kids will get bullied in schools ... I know this personally. But basically discrimination on gender identity is outlawed nation wide. Any school that tells a trans student to use staff toilets and nothing else gets an earful by the public and whatever state and national concerns in education, human rights and civil liberty. A good, ol' face-ripping.

The sky didn't fall down. God didn't cry. Mass rapes didn't happen.

I fail to see why this is an issue.