Metal Gear Solid 5 Will Contain Plot "Inconsistencies"

thanatos388

Apr 24, 2012
JarinArenos said:
"The most important part is writing something that is fun marketable, something that is impressive attention-grabbing, something that is better than it was before easier to make into scantily-clad figurines." - translation from marketing speech.
Do you play MGS often? It sounds like you don't.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
The title kinda sounds like they are advertising plot holes as a feature, but then I didn't know it was prequel.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Maybe.

Even still, having Para Medic - a ditzy coms tech who likes movies - become this cruel scientist is quite a stretch. It's like Mei Ling turning into Revolver Ocelot.
There are some small hints to her "darker" side in MGS3.

I can't remember their names but when you ask her about some mushrooms it's implied she knows they have negative effects but doesn't tell Snake about them because she wants to fully see what effects they have on someone.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
This is a non-issue. Fans of MGS like myself have put up with "worse" things in the story than a few flubs.
They've put up with MGS, in fact.

I'd go so far to say that a good chunk of the fanbase will bend over backward to justify even the silliest of holes.

After all, we've always been at war with Eastasia.
yeah I like MGS, because it's silly. I'm not going to defend the story, I know it's weird, but that's why I like it.
The game play is where I get most my enjoyment from funnily enough, especially MGS3. Cautiously sneaking through the jungle, occasionally getting into gun battles and then being hunted by Soviets, changing camouflage to suit your environment, preforming first aid on various bullet wounds and cuts, eating snakes. That game can lead to some tense but enjoyable moments.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
thanatos388 said:
JarinArenos said:
"The most important part is writing something that is fun marketable, something that is impressive attention-grabbing, something that is better than it was before easier to make into scantily-clad figurines." - translation from marketing speech.
Do you play MGS often? It sounds like you don't.
Played 1-3. I'll admit I didn't give 4 more than a second glance. Call me grumpy or stubborn, but I never really forgave the series for the whole Raiden thing in MGS2.