Metal Gear Solid IP May Be Licensed Out; Kojima Possibly Seeking Microsoft Partnership

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Plus you PC evangelicals people are very deceptive, and sus. Watch.

Oh well, that's only literally 1500 dollars, make it 2000 with windows 10, and a keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

Screenshot_982.png

What the fuck. My entire PC costs less than this GPU alone, and it runs everything at 60FPS. This isn't just overcompensating, this is buying uranium to power your bedroom fan.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
View attachment 3630

What the fuck. My entire PC costs less than this GPU alone, and it runs everything at 60FPS. This isn't just overcompensating, this is buying uranium to power your bedroom fan.
Well, thanks to the crypto craze there’s probably about a 110% premium attached to that price tag. Unfortunately unless it collapses or GPU makers occasionally rethink logistics for supplying the average consumer it’s doubtful we’ll ever see GPU prices normalized again. I get the impression those heavily involved in this see themselves as pioneering messiahs of sorts, ushering in a shiny new saving grace of a currency that will free the world from its shackles of financial doom and gloom.

Yeah, if that’s truly the case then I...guess I can tolerate the scarcity? Considering my uses for the component pale in comparison to such a grandiose endeavor and all. However, the realist in me sees it as one hell of a long shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Plus you PC evangelicals people are very deceptive, and sus. Watch.

Oh well, that's only literally 1500 dollars, make it 2000 with windows 10, and a keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

View attachment 3629
See, this is the kind of disingenuous dismissive attitude that gets on my nerves, sometimes.

I get it, PC gaming isn't for everyone, and again, the up-front cost can be intimidating, or a complete deal breaker for some, but you literally linked a guide, showing you multiple price points - with one starting at $500 - and you scrolled down to the one that is described as the "zero compromises build" for $1500, and you go "Aha! Told you so!".

Then you linked the PC Part Picker guide, with the current-day inflated prices, to prove your point. Literally no one is buying that PC for $3400.

If you feel like you need to get the biggest and baddest hardware, then no one can really help you, but to pretend that PC gaming is in any way just for the elite with deep pockets, is a complete lie.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
See, this is the kind of disingenuous dismissive attitude that gets on my nerves, sometimes.

I get it, PC gaming isn't for everyone, and again, the up-front cost can be intimidating, or a complete deal breaker for some, but you literally linked a guide, showing you multiple price points - with one starting at $500 - and you scrolled down to the one that is described as the "zero compromises build" for $1500, and you go "Aha! Told you so!".

Then you linked the PC Part Picker guide, with the current-day inflated prices, to prove your point. Literally no one is buying that PC for $3400.

If you feel like you need to get the biggest and baddest hardware, then no one can really help you, but to pretend that PC gaming is in any way just for the elite with deep pockets, is a complete lie.
The thing is, it’s pointless to even chase the biggest and best unless you have a huge nergo (nerd ego) or work for someplace like Tom’s Hardware where this stuff is literally provided anyways. The whole point of PC gaming is choice, and that whole heartedly extends to budget. Literally anything beyond that is...you’re better off chasing a unicorn because hardware advancements are constant. Hell considering that, it may as well also be about exercising self control.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Your right no one is buying that PC for 3400. What they are doing is buying a 2000 dollar prebuild, then ripping the RTX 3080 out of it, then selling the prebuild, then getting the rest of the parts.

Again the RTX 3080 is still overpriced AF.

I want my PCs like I want my consoles, it lasts 5 years without upgrading period.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Your right no one is buying that PC for 3400. What they are doing is buying a 2000 dollar prebuild, then ripping the RTX 3080 out of it, then selling the prebuild, then getting the rest of the parts.

Again the RTX 3080 is still overpriced AF.

I want my PCs like I want my consoles, it lasts 5 years without upgrading period.
I only just upgraded my CPU/Mobo/RAM combo from a fourth generation i7 which was released in May 2014. All I upgraded in that time was the GPU. It still kicked the ever loving shit out of every game I threw at it. If you buy a decent processor, it will last a really long time. I don’t expect to upgrade my Ryzen9 3900 for some years because I fail to see what a 12-core CPU won’t be able to handle in my foreseeable future.

People have this astonishingly fucked to idea of what it takes to run a decent computer and it frustrates me. If all you’re gonna do is game, then my CPU is legitimately overkill but I also rip and encode DVDs and BluRays for my Plex Server so it helps with that, but honestly? For a dedicated games box more than 6-cores is just flexing your wallet instead of your common sense. And I say that as someone who did just that.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I only just upgraded my CPU/Mobo/RAM combo from a fourth generation i7 which was released in May 2014. All I upgraded in that time was the GPU. It still kicked the ever loving shit out of every game I threw at it. If you buy a decent processor, it will last a really long time. I don’t expect to upgrade my Ryzen9 3900 for some years because I fail to see what a 12-core CPU won’t be able to handle in my foreseeable future.

People have this astonishingly fucked to idea of what it takes to run a decent computer and it frustrates me. If all you’re gonna do is game, then my CPU is legitimately overkill but I also rip and encode DVDs and BluRays for my Plex Server so it helps with that, but honestly? For a dedicated games box more than 6-cores is just flexing your wallet instead of your common sense. And I say that as someone who did just that.
Look I just don't want to upgrade, it's a pain in the ass. Why can't we just agree to stop at 4k gaming? No one can even see the difference in 8k vs 4k but suspect we will have 16k, 32k.

Unless we switch to VR which I also don't want to do.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Look I just don't want to upgrade, it's a pain in the ass. Why can't we just agree to stop at 4k gaming? No one can even see the difference in 8k vs 4k but suspect we will have 16k, 32k.

Are you kidding? We're not stopping until the fidelity is so fucking high that getting hit in the game hurts you, the player, physically.

Man, Souls games are gonna have such a low completion rate......

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

If you don’t want to upgrade, then don’t. Buy a well specced pre-built and don’t touch anything. I don’t mind the odd upgrade. Especially something as (usually) simple as a GPU.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK

Literally no one is forcing you to do any of those things.

If you don't want to upgrade, buy a decent GPU.

If you don't want to play in VR, you don't have to.

If you don't want to play above 4K, you don't have to.

Its starting to sound like the only problem here, is your belief that you must to follow trends.

The great thing about PC gaming is choice.

Reactions: Gordon_4