Metal Gear Solid: Priorities

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
I have a wonderful reason for Quiet to dress the way she does. Are you ready?
Here it comes...

Because
Why.The.Fuck.Not?

Fanservice is not inherently 'bad' like people like to think these days, and it's stupid to think that we can't break some realism to indulge in it. That is actually great.

"B-but, sexism and stuff."

Oh sure, because no MGS game has ever had strong female characters or just good female characters, ever. Yeah sure.

Anyway, OMG, what an adorable grey-almost-wolf-like-dog.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Ruisu said:
Because
Why.The.Fuck.Not?

Fanservice is not inherently 'bad' like people like to think these days, and it's stupid to think that we can't break some realism to indulge in it. That is actually great.

Oh sure, because no MGS game has ever had strong female characters or just good female characters, ever. Yeah sure.
Personally, I don't think it's sexist, but seeing a character wear clothes like those in the middle of the desert while under enemy fire kinda breaks immersion, unless she does have a reason to do so.
It isn't a matter of realism, it's a matter of congruency and common sense.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
wAriot said:
Ruisu said:
Because
Why.The.Fuck.Not?

Personally, I don't think it's sexist, but seeing a character wear clothes like those in the middle of the desert while under enemy fire kinda breaks immersion, unless she does have a reason to do so.
It isn't a matter of realism, it's a matter of congruency and common sense.
Female fashion is something that lacks common sense. Sometimes girls will wear clothes that look cute despite what the weather is like. Why would you wear a micro skirt in winter? why are you wearing a fur lined coat in summer? why do your pants have fake pockets?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Alex Baas said:
So to pick between a Sniper and a Wolf
I see what you did there. ;) Well played sir/madam/non-gender specific person, well played.

And hell yes, totally picking the dog! Well, if I actually played MGS games anymore, which I don't since MGS 2. That was enough pretentious Japanese insanity for me to last a lifetime. xD

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
teh_Canape said:
Thunderous Cacophony said:
PunkRex said:
A dog will never turn out to be a double agent is all i'm saying... christ, that's a depressing twist for a war story.
*coughs blood*
But why, Freckles? I gave you everything; a home, friends, a purpose in life, belly scratches... Why throw that all away?"
"Bark bark, woof." *gunshot*
"I never was a good boy"
*gunshot*
*Post mission phone call*
"You performed well fluffy, getting the data AND eliminating the boss even after so long under his care? You're an inspiration to us all and you will be well rewarded."
"Bark, arf, wolf! (Thank you director)"
*Hangs up phone, stopping to stare briefly at a group photo of the cast as the dog flashes back to all the happy points of the game. All the belly scratches, all the balls fetched before ending on a flashback of the main character hugging them and laughing happily. The dogs expression is solemn, placing a single paw upon the photo for a moment as they sit in silence, the scene fading to black and the credits rolling.*

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Thunderous Cacophony said:
PunkRex said:
A dog will never turn out to be a double agent is all i'm saying... christ, that's a depressing twist for a war story.
*coughs blood*
But why, Freckles? I gave you everything; a home, friends, a purpose in life, belly scratches... Why throw that all away?"
"Bark bark, woof." *gunshot*
Basically this, with secret agents:

Kojima would probably keep the clown, actually.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Happyninja42 said:
Well, if I actually played MGS games anymore, which I don't since MGS 2. That was enough pretentious Japanese insanity for me to last a lifetime. xD
That's a shame, because MGS 3 was really good. I haven't played anything past that, but MGS 1 and MGS 3 were excellent. Don't be put off by MGS2.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
PunkRex said:
You know, Revenge of the Sith would be so much better if Anakin was a dog.

"You were the chosen one! You were supposed to be man's best friend!"

But what kind of dog would Anakin be?

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
Half-naked woman, Wolf only wearing an eyepatch... I'm just sayin' if the next companion isn't a male model a subset of people will be disappointed.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
lax4life said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
PunkRex said:
You know, Revenge of the Sith would be so much better if Anakin was a dog.

"You were the chosen one! You were supposed to be man's best friend!"

But what kind of dog would Anakin be?
If I could "like" or "thumbs up" that response, I totally would.

Your question is unfair, though. When's the last time you saw an emo dog?

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
I have a horrible premonition that you will have to kill your partner in the penultimate chapter of the game.