Metal Gear Solid: Rising Still Has Plenty of Stealth

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
SalamanderJoe said:
wolf92 said:
SalamanderJoe said:
I have a feeling one of the high speed stealth moves is going to be slamming a melon on an enemy, and then slicing it in half as his mates watch in horror.
Then you make a delicious fruit salad for them, before you kill them too
Ha! I wouldn't be surprised in all fairness!
It's the polite thing to do

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Game looks AMAZING! Been looking forward to it since the announcement! Seems like every game that comes out of the MGS series is pure gold. (I still wish they would make MGS4 for 360 so everyone can enjoy it.

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
I hope this goes something like the alien mission stealth in AvP where is isn't so much about sneaking but more jumping from the shadows to kill someone then being back in hiding before they even know their buddy is dead.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
You know, i loved Arkham Asylum and all, but between that, Conviction, and this, the "Predatory Stealth" game is starting to tire me out a little.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
Every one knows its still steathy but i think there is just too much action, i prefer games where you can sneak past some one without killing them (listened to ,to much war is bad MGS speechs).i just don't think i'll like it.
maybe they should start making old style ninja steath game,that is what it sounds like and three reasons it would be better than this :1. radain is a shit character ,making him a cyborg ninja or a crazy spyco-murderer(have yu seen the gore 0_o)ain't gonna change that
2.the point of sneaking is that sometimes you have to leave somepeople alive.its seems since your the one killing people and you have a gun this won't be nessicary, and this defeats the point of the whole killing is bad thing,because why let them live when you can jump around chopping people up and gunning them down
3.wouldn't sneaking around in long grass in black sneaking up on a imperial japaness castle lit by lanterns and guarded by samurai, be so cool:).

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
...of course it will have stealth...its an MGS game...I never expected it not to have stealth, its what they do...

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
the protaginist said:
You know, i loved Arkham Asylum and all, but between that, Conviction, and this, the "Predatory Stealth" game is starting to tire me out a little.
Damn straight! I would rather play a survival stealth game where I have to sneak so that I could live like in MGS3. Stealth games these days focus on scaring the living shit out of your enemies and that sucks because they are missing the pint of stealth. It's supposed to be scary and intense for the player not for npc's. But I'm probably going to get this as a huge MGS fan. I hear there's gonna be a PC release.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
I was sold at the slicing!

But which version to get?

360 or PS3...
Wait for the comparisons my friend. Wait for them.

OT:

So we've gone the way of Sam Fisher and speeded up the stealth?

With Sword slashing?

Calumon: Why can't you people fly? It's really cool and easy.

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I was sold at the slicing!

But which version to get?

360 or PS3...
There's only one way to find out....
...FIGHT

OT: Should be fun, although I will miss the slower pace of the old MGS games. (I also don't think it should be called "MGS:Rising". I think it should just be "Metal Gear Rising". It's too different to the Solid games)

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I'm hoping that the game does end up playing as this man has described. Not only is the premise itself rather intriguing, I'm one of the tremendous few people that actually liked Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Eldarion said:
Sounds cool, I'm probably going to be the only one who is gonna say I am looking forward to this one.

In before "I love snake to much to play a game without him"

Edit=ninjad. I am not the only one exited.
MGS2 was the best MGS game. And plus you only actually control Solid Snake for 1 and 4. In 2 you get to play them in the beginning for like an hour but it switches out for Raiden and let me tell you the swordfighting as Raiden was a lot of fun in that game.

And it's good to know that you can play stealthy and beat the game without killing anyone. It looks like it will feel more like an action game though it will still be definitively Metal Gear Solid... I'm very excited.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Matsuyama also said that he plans to prove that Raiden isn't the whiny brat people think he is by showing off the "strong parts of his mental state." He says: "And don't worry, we're going to try and make him not the weak Raiden, but really strong willed, and physically strong - make it really cool, so that people really will really enjoy controlling him."
This isn't how you make a compelling character. You can't create a whiny wimp and make him into a tough cyborg who compensate's for being a whiny wimp and then expect everyone to believe he isn't a whiny wimp.

If anything people hated Raiden because he stole the second game. I hated him because of that. Nothing they do will change that.

I liked Raiden more in part 2 then in part 4. He might have been whinier but atleast he seemed a bit honest. He had some character development and some moments. In 4 he was just a shallow mix of a tough, blood spewing half-man and a whiny father. Ridiculous character. I wouldn't mind a character like that in an anime but next to the solemn Snake and backwards Otacon he was about as out of place as Yoda in Soul Calibur.

Make a new character or work with Raiden's mental weakness in making him likable in a flawed way (which MGS 2 was kind of striving towards I assume). That could work. Maybe an Action-Slasher game isn't the best place to try but it's better than:

"Hey look at bad-ass Raiden now! He's totally cool! He's got white blood and all and doesn't care if he looses limbs that a normal man would weap over! Bad-ass! Did we mention he fights with his feet? Embrace him!!!".

C'mon, that only works on 12 year olds.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
Eldarion said:
Sounds cool, I'm probably going to be the only one who is gonna say I am looking forward to this one.

In before "I love snake to much to play a game without him"

Edit=ninjad. I am not the only one exited.
MGS2 was the best MGS game. And plus you only actually control Solid Snake for 1 and 4. In 2 you get to play them in the beginning for like an hour but it switches out for Raiden and let me tell you the swordfighting as Raiden was a lot of fun in that game.

And it's good to know that you can play stealthy and beat the game without killing anyone. It looks like it will feel more like an action game though it will still be definitively Metal Gear Solid... I'm very excited.
I liked Raiden's character in MGS2 a lot more than snake. Raiden was an actual human being with personality and flaws, solid snake is a generic action hero. I think they just about ruined Raiden in MGS4, but then that was a mess of a game. I thought is was more about fan service than anything.

MGS2 was the best MGS game.
I thought so too. Great game.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Eldarion said:
I liked Raiden's character in MGS2 a lot more than snake. Raiden was an actual human being with personality and flaws, solid snake is a generic action hero. I think they just about ruined Raiden in MGS4, but then that was a mess of a game. I thought is was more about fan service than anything.

I always liked Raiden and I really didn't understand why so many people hated him. My favorite by far is Big Boss but Raiden really wasn't that bad if you don't count his voice... he was actually compassionate, while Snake was more of a metaphor for war... notice how when Snake ran into someone, he would always tell them that they would slow him down but when Raiden ran into EE he helped her overcome her fears and he sat down and talked to her. People thought that made him weak, but it really showed that he had a heart. Snake always wanted to work alone and he had no soul to him. He never wanted to communicate with anyone... unless it was a woman, that is. Then he would hit on her. Big Boss was always my favorite because he just seemed all around more powerful than Snake. And he also had personality as shown by his love for the Boss and I thought that the death of the Boss was a thousand times more heartbreakingly painful to watch than the death of Sniper Wolf, although they pretty much played out exactly the same.

Wow, I'm a nerd... and I thought Metal Gear Solid 4 was a lot of fanservice and it brought back pretty much every character ever... I guess it was a bad choice of mine to start playing it before I had beaten Metal Gear Solid 2...

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
Eldarion said:

I always liked Raiden and I really didn't understand why so many people hated him. My favorite by far is Big Boss but Raiden really wasn't that bad if you don't count his voice... he was actually compassionate, while Snake was more of a metaphor for war... notice how when Snake ran into someone, he would always tell them that they would slow him down but when Raiden ran into EE he helped her overcome her fears and he sat down and talked to her. People thought that made him weak, but it really showed that he had a heart. Snake always wanted to work alone and he had no soul to him. He never wanted to communicate with anyone... unless it was a woman, that is. Then he would hit on her. Big Boss was always my favorite because he just seemed all around more powerful than Snake. And he also had personality as shown by his love for the Boss and I thought that the death of the Boss was a thousand times more heartbreakingly painful to watch than the death of Sniper Wolf, although they pretty much played out exactly the same.

Wow, I'm a nerd... and I thought Metal Gear Solid 4 was a lot of fanservice and it brought back pretty much every character ever... I guess it was a bad choice of mine to start playing it before I had beaten Metal Gear Solid 2...
The spoiler sums up my feelings pretty much exactly. Snake is the least interesting character in metal gear solid.

I hated how all the cool mysteries of the previous games got explained away by LOL NANOBOTS!!!

Complete and total disappointment.