Metro Exodus Announced!!

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016

HOLY CRAP!! LOOKS SO FREAKING INCREDIBLE. FINALLY A GAME I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TOO!!

Own the Entire E3 2017.

Huge fan of franchise and this is the game i have been waiting for a long long time.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
That 28 days later soundtrack...

Looks like it's gone open world... Not really sure how i feel about that really. There's already far too many open world games out there. I kinda prefer the tighter pace and linearity of the first games.

Can't deny it looks visually amazing, but this is an E3 demo, so you really need to take anything you see with a grain of salt.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
baddude1337 said:

Looks like it's gone open world... Not really sure how i feel about that really. There's already far too many open world games out there. I kinda prefer the tighter paced and linearity of the first games.

Can't deny it looks visually amazing, but this is an E3 demo, so you really need to take anything you see with a grain of salt.
I loved Metro 2033 but Last Light was meh and that was mostly made by the original devs.

I assume this is made by people ubrelated to the original so it's likely going to be trash. Like Far Cry had a love child with Fallout and they moved to Russia.

As soon as I saw the crossbow I lost what little hype I had.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
baddude1337 said:

Looks like it's gone open world... Not really sure how i feel about that really. There's already far too many open world games out there. I kinda prefer the tighter paced and linearity of the first games.

I hate open world games but Metro need to go open world. it wont be ubisoft like open world but more like Stalker. they are former Stalker developers.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
baddude1337 said:

I loved Metro 2033 but Last Light was meh and that was mostly made by the original devs.

I assume this is made by people ubrelated to the original so it's likely going to be trash. Like Far Cry had a love child with Fallout and they moved to Russia.

Last light improve upon 2033 in almost every way. its redux version of 2033 that was more polished

beside this game will be closest thing to Stalker 2 we will ever witness instead of far cry.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
B-Cell, the fact that you just said that Metro Redux and Last Light improved on 2033 basically proves to me that you have no idea what you're talking about.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
B-Cell, the fact that you just said that Metro Redux improved on 2033 basically proves to me that you have no idea what you're talking about.
What's up with Redux, out of curiosity? Granted I first played 2033 years ago on the 360 so don't remember any changes, but I played Redux on PC and had a good time.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
B-Cell, the fact that you just said that Metro Redux and Last Light improved on 2033 basically proves to me that you have no idea what you're talking about.
improve all over broken mechanics of 2033? thats what im talking about.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
baddude1337 said:
B-Cell, the fact that you just said that Metro Redux improved on 2033 basically proves to me that you have no idea what you're talking about.
What's up with Redux, out of curiosity? Granted I first played 2033 years ago on the 360 so don't remember any changes, but I played Redux on PC and had a good time.
2033 had more atmospheric and horror-y and was more difficult.

Redux was more rooty tooty point and shooty.

@B-Cell making AI deaf and blind is not "fixing broken mechanics". It's dumbing them down.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
baddude1337 said:

@B-Cell making AI deaf and blind is not "fixing broken mechanics". It's dumbing them down.
AI was still bad in 2033.

they were indie developer and had limited budget thats why game was buggy and broken and it was fixed in redux version.

Exodus will be best game simply because it will be our new Stalker.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
B-Cell said:
baddude1337 said:

AI was still bad in 2033.

they were indie developer and had limited budget thats why game was buggy and broken and it was fixed in redux version.

Exodus will be best game simply because it will be our new Stalker.
No it won't. STALKER was a one-off, lightning in a bottle situation. Unless they bring back A-Life and the X-Ray engine it's not going to be STALKER 2. Quit saying that like you even understand what made the games good in the first place.

Also, what are you gonna do if Bethesda roll out a System Shock 3 trailer. You just proclaimed Metro as the best of the show. Or Doom 2.

Edit: Praise the lord it isn't open world.

"Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created. Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter. Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom?s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet"

Whitbane

Apathetic...
Mar 7, 2012
B-Cell said:
Last light improve upon 2033 in almost every way. its redux version of 2033 that was more polished

beside this game will be closest thing to Stalker 2 we will ever witness instead of far cry.

God, just imagine how great a new Stalker game would be.

Metro is a pretty decent series though, both 2033 and Last Light were good. The best parts of the games are always the atmospheric creepy shit you find in the radiated subway tunnels. Hopefully they don't have you above ground too much in Exodus.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
You sure it wasn't when Artyom took off his gas mask? Above ground?

Also, 'gameplay' trailer, my ass it is.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Chimpzy said:
Also, 'gameplay' trailer, my ass it is.
I think 'representative of final product' is more accurate. Or still kind of a lie if cliff ledges don't degrade and animals don't get warned off.

Aside from that semi-mystery it kinda looks boring as fuck? I mean, what's new? Absolutely nothing whatsoever. I really enjoyed the original Metro, but wasn't keen on the look or some story elements of the follow-ups so I avoided them. This teaser tells me bugger all about the game itself or the tone.

...so, E3 it is then.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Looks pretty good but also entirely scripted which comes as no surprise as the previous games only led you down corridors through scripted events. Which might sound bad but actually wasn't as the game(played LL, 2033 Redux and LL Redux) felt like a more condensed version of Fallout 3, 4 etc with all the traveling garbage collector parts removed. Exodus even looks the same as the Redux games. The 'open world' and degree of interactivity should probably be taken with a grain of salt. I also liked how in Metro you could listen in on conversations(which were often quite interesting) that obviously looped but also gave you a greater feeling that you were just traveling through. There were no walls of text and dialogue to skip through that grind the game's pace to a halt. The more interesting story bits were somewhat hidden which I always appreciate in a game. I think Exodus is more an extrapolation of the more open areas of 2033 and LL thanks to a higher budget. I'd be really, really surprised if this was anything on the scale of Fallout.

The action, the atmosphere an the absence of filler is what made 2033 and LL so great. I enjoyed those games way more than Fallout 4 despite being made on a budget that wouldn't even cover the catering expenses of that game. They were made under deploring conditions as well(when Russia invaded eastern Ukraine). There is an interesting story about that which you should definitely look up.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
>Bashes on open world games and games that are heavily scripted
>Praises a game that is open world and heavily scripted

The whole video is 100% scripted, if this was ANY other game, you'd shit on it.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
baddude1337 said:
Looks like it's gone open world... Not really sure how i feel about that really. There's already far too many open world games out there. I kinda prefer the tighter pace and linearity of the first games.
It looks like they're going for a more STALKER-ish structure than before, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be a Ubisoft open world. I hope the dungeons will be as intense as they were in STALKER, the trailer certainly looks like it's keeping the Metro "Oh Crap Oh Crap Oh Crap," vibe going.

I have faith in 4A games ability to put this thing together, I also really want to see the wider world outside of Russia, a Mad Max on a train style road trip sounds epic. Plus, Artyom and Anna sniping in the woods...

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
baddude1337 said:
Redux makes a lot of small alterations, but there are three big ones worth noting.

1. The Stealth suit is gone, which makes the second half of the game much harder to sneak through. Night Vision is also much harder to find and less effective.
2. Weapon spawns and ammo capacity were changed, which meant it was no longer possible to Duke Nukem your way through the Library with 500 shotgun shells.
3. A lot of the sequence leading up to the Moscow Library were changed.

Redux is probably a better overall game than 2033, but it is less open in the way you can approach it. I certainly prefer the Library in 2033, giant monkeys must die!

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
I need a better PC.

I'm not sure it's open world. I see the possibility that it's metroidvania, which I want. After all, it was what Kshatriya was.People have asked for a open world metro since 2033, so I don't see the big problem. Then again, people (aka me) also wanted it to be a slice-of-life game, or a Single Mother Mercenary Simulater, and that ain't happening.

Edit: Oh, the gas masks: I feel that they're missing an opportunity here. I get why they did it; if you spend most of the time on the surfers it would be really annoying to have to find new filters all the time. But do think it should still be there. Not only do gasmask add to the atmosfar, having to find new ones (or having to refill old ones) adds to the desperation of both the character(s) and the player.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
>Bashes on open world games and games that are heavily scripted
>Praises a game that is open world and heavily scripted

The whole video is 100% scripted, if this was ANY other game, you'd shit on it.
1. Its not open world. its non linear like Crysis and Stalker. read the article my friend. Metro did need to be non linear or sandbox in order to be like Stalker and here there are linear tunnels like previous games too

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/11/15779688/metro-exodus-xbox-e3

We've gone up to the surface a couple of times before but as you can see, we are combining the classic Metro experience, which is these linear levels that were underground, with these sandbox levels
2. Unlike other games. Metro games have depth even they have scripted events. and its atmosphere alone worth it. games like wolfenstein new order doesnot have atmosphere and are far more scripted than both metro games combine.

3. this video is not a gameplay video but more like CGI trailer in first person.