Michael Atkinson's Successor is an "R18+ Supporter"

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Does this mean we have to thank Atkinson for his actions? That's just... wrong.

On a serious note, this looks like this is a step in the right direction, as it looked like Atkinson's reign was headed towards a censorship level that was just plain insane. Now we just need to turn our attention to the Swiss...

Joey245

Jan 29, 2009
And there was much rejoicing. Then they ate Robin's minstrels and there was much rejoicing.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Progression! Just what we like to see! Great news for the Aussies!

ZeLunarian

Mar 1, 2010
Im not surprised... This is exactly WHY he was thrown out left his position... Don't be fooooooled people!

(Ah i just reported myself x.x wanted to see if more detailed reasons for reporting people would come up.. or a form or smtn )

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Mmmmm... I just need to savor the irony for a minute here.
Its so delicious.

May 28, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
Yay! Now, the Swiss government is the one going anti-gamer. It seems that for every one that goes down, another one rises in its' place.
I think Germany banned violent video games too.

However, this is certainly good news for Australian gamers, though this was to be expected. No one would be stupid enough to choose someone exactly the same, would they?

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
Yay! Now, the Swiss government is the one going anti-gamer. It seems that for every one that goes down, another one rises in its' place.
Nope, Germany is still anti-violenct video games. They even censored The Orange Box (Which I suffered greatly for half of a year).

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
While I'm not an Aussie, I still have this very strong urge to have a girly moment and squeal in glee.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Catkid906 said:
Haha! Brilliant! We're knocking off bad Australians with good ones! Yahtzee for Australian Prime Minister! Woo!

Calumon: So older kids can have more fun when playing now?
I've been meaning to say this for a long time whenever I see you post...here goes

WE LOVE YOU CALUMON!!!

Also this is WONDERFUL NEWS!

EqualNOpposite

Mar 21, 2010
Hm.

I offer reserved support. I am hesitant to support a politician for just ONE of his political views.

But for us gamers, this IS a step in the right direction. :D

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
Catkid906 said:
Haha! Brilliant! We're knocking off bad Australians with good ones! Yahtzee for Australian Prime Minister! Woo!

Calumon: So older kids can have more fun when playing now?
Calumon ftw.

Also, huzzah! We've taken even more steps into overthrowing oppression and misguided hatred!

Now for the Germans and the Swiss...

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Wait a minute, did Atkinson just pull an Obi-Wan Kenobi on us? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCyZ2P9bCA&feature=related]

Atkinson: If I retire now, gamers, the other Classification Ministers will become more possible than you can possibly imagine.