Michael Bay Puts a Bounty on Racist Transformers

megaraccoon

Dec 7, 2010
Agayek said:
megaraccoon said:
people were offended by them!?! im shock do americans not realise they're watching FICTION! it does not exist it is the by product of a bored mind sterotypes of human natures do not translate to fictional toasters. if you were offended by this then clearly YOU'RE rascist as when someone ficional acts like this you immediatly think they're black for all we know these ficional autobots could all be white or asian or native american or more likly none what-so-ever cuz theryre fake.
Americans are also offended by (though this list is by no means complete):

Portal 2
Mass Effect
The Na'vi
"Hot or Not" Lists
'Wardrobe Malfunctions'
Sex
Logic
and finally, Rational Thought
lol still its stupid is there a cure for this irrational fear?

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
i thought i was being overly racially sensitive, but i'm glad i'm not the only one who watched those characters and saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OWg5ymecm8

(song starts around :30, but watch the beginning for the deeper context. it's really relevant to the current destruction of hip hop.)

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Funnily enough even the potential of thousands of pounds doesn't make me want to watch this movie at all much less frame by frame.

megaraccoon said:
people were offended by them!?! im shock do americans not realise they're watching FICTION! it does not exist it is the by product of a bored mind sterotypes of human natures do not translate to fictional toasters. if you were offended by this then clearly YOU'RE rascist as when someone ficional acts like this you immediatly think they're black for all we know these ficional autobots could all be white or asian or native american or more likly none what-so-ever cuz theryre fake.
That argument doesn't quite work, they had stereotypical black attitudes so yes it is fair to call their designer racist. Also I don't think people were so much offended by them as they were incredibly annoyed.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I don't know if the twins were racist of not, it could argue it either way, but any way you look at those bastards they are as obnoxious and annoying as all hell.

opportunemoment

Jun 22, 2009
Does the offer extend to spotting ANY racist characters in the movie? Because if so I'll take my cheque right now, kthnx. I don't know who or what or where they'll be, but they're always there. Somewhere. Waiting.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
For the record, Michael Bay isn't washed up. He is an action film director, he is only washed up in so far as he never directed anything that didn't have lots of explosions. No one is allowed to love him for his action films, only to hate him for his action films years later. That is retarded.

Now, Transformers movies, they can burn. I liked the first one, it was epic, and neat, and acting was good. The most useless autobot got torn in half. Everyone wins. The second one was terrible. Those twin Autobots were completely retarded, and I felt like I lost a couple of points worth of IQ when they uttered words. Also, they weren't racist, they were a racial stereotype, live with it. I almost jumped out of my seat when the one got eaten, only for him to be some kind of badass? I think they attributed far too much retard stength there.

I'll see the third one. The problems I had from the first movie will be there, but the story telling was a thousand times better than in the second. I'm not gonna hate Michael Bay for his movies. The problem with the Transformer movies is too much CGI (not that you could really do it without it, but a single transformer limb shouldn't have 1000 servos and gears. I know it probably should, but the screen shouldn't be cluttered with it). In his best films, they didn't use any CGI, the explosions were real explosions. That looks better on film.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
TheRealCJ said:
I'd rather he give that 25 000 dollars to anyone who can spot a Transformer in the new Transformers film. Or one that isn't partially obscured by a ball of flame or a piece of US Military hardware.

It'll probably be a harder challenge.
Quoted for truth.

I just watched the first Transformers movie again last night with RiffTrax for fun. It once again blew my mind how 45 minutes into the movie I had barely even seen anything resembling a Transformer.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Sapient Pearwood said:
Funnily enough even the potential of thousands of pounds doesn't make me want to watch this movie at all much less frame by frame.

megaraccoon said:
That argument doesn't quite work, they had stereotypical black attitudes so yes it is fair to call their designer racist. Also I don't think people were so much offended by them as they were incredibly annoyed.
I hate to jump into this so late, but who cares. That is like saying some black people act the way the black stereotypes say they should. Of course they do. That view was popularized by people within the black culture. Dr. Dre isn't acting racist, neither is Snoop, and Eminem acts like a black guy, but you can't call him racist for acting the way he acts. Xzibit talks like a person showing a black stereotype, some would say he even perpetuates it. As do so many people accepted in the media, or at least by large sections of society. By saying they act in a black racial stereotype, you are saying they should act a certain way other than the way they are acting. But how do different Autobots act, and why do they act the way they do?

Since no one is able to discuss the way they should act, because they are fictional and made up, no one is really at right to say how they shouldn't act.

PS. I'm just glad they won't be in the next movie, I hated them. The main problem with the story of the second movie was they broke the golden rule of story characterization. There were too many of characters, and not enough movie to to explore them. That goes for both sides. You should never have too many characters. If they did a movie based around the two human leads, Optimus Prime, and the Fallen One, with no one else, the movie would have been better by a whole lot.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Whargarble said:
TheRealCJ said:
I'd rather he give that 25 000 dollars to anyone who can spot a Transformer in the new Transformers film. Or one that isn't partially obscured by a ball of flame or a piece of US Military hardware.

It'll probably be a harder challenge.
Quoted for truth.

I just watched the first Transformers movie again last night with RiffTrax for fun. It once again blew my mind how 45 minutes into the movie I had barely even seen anything resembling a Transformer.
It's because the Transformers are Secondary characters to the human characters. And contrary to popular belief, for a movie made to appeal the largest number of people, the human characters were completely essential. Transformers are the subject of the movie, but not the main characters. They are a plot driving device. The added characterization (which was slim at best) for the Autobots were to make the appeal to people, make them seem human so as an onlooker you could actually sympathize with their plight.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Baresark said:
By saying they act in a black racial stereotype, you are saying they should act a certain way other than the way they are acting.
Well yes, as I said I wasn't offended by them but I found them very annoying. There's never an excuse for casting annoying characters, it doesn't matter if it fits in with Transformers continuity they're still annoying.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Sapient Pearwood said:
Baresark said:
By saying they act in a black racial stereotype, you are saying they should act a certain way other than the way they are acting.
Well yes, as I said I wasn't offended by them but I found them very annoying. There's never an excuse for casting annoying characters, it doesn't matter if it fits in with Transformers continuity they're still annoying.
I think Buddha would say that is an absolute truth, and if he didn't, I would say it is. Sometimes people write characters that are impossible to care about. The only point in which I cared about either of these characters was when I thought one died, at which point I felt the story took a turn for the better.

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Treaos Serrare said:
hopefully they make the new girl in this film more likeable the Megan fox, god she grated on me like nobody's business. why the hell was she never dirty at all in those movies, i mean physically dirty, she always looked fresh and clean even in the garage scenes where she should have been partially covered in oil and grease. its probably a stupid thing to nitpick out of the avalanche of crap but still
Movie protagonist Dirt forcefeild.

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
Some_weirdGuy said:
I thought they were just sterotypical derp brothers. I didn't pick up on any ethnic context.
THIS.

Why couldn't they bring back the other black robot though? He was awesome.

EDIT: DERP. Sorry about the double post.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
1) Is 25 grand enough to pay off the people who would lynch Bay if Skid and Mudflap were in the third movie?

2) It's Michael Bay. If they don't show up, something worse will!

KKK Decepitcon, methinks?

3) How about a bounty on whoever's been writing this dross? Or Shia Lebeouf?

SamuraiShinrai

Oct 11, 2010
TF2 Was a giant steaming pile of ass. Bay comes across as trying to bait people into seeing his newest abomination, I'm guessing this one will have twice the amount of dogs humping and shots of giants balls with a double side of Shia going "Nonononononononono!" Possibly even more shots of army guys shooting at dust clouds for another 2 hours shot with a shaky cam all while the american flag waves in the background.