Michael Bay Puts a Bounty on Racist Transformers

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
Latinidiot said:
Of course they are stereotypes. The robots learned everything they know from the internet. Hell, there even was this medic-bot yelling YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME HUH? CO/m/E AT ME BRO!

God forbid the autobots have spent too much time on memebase.
BAHAHAH... That's pretty much what I was thinking almost word for word... Then I read your post and freaked out a little.

I'm surprised that all of the autobots don't sound like stereotypes... :/

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
Bob the frantic said:
Logan Westbrook said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Logan Westbrook said:
It's a pretty safe bet that the Twins aren't in Dark of the Moon:
I dunno, if I was a washed out hack trying desperately to get people to watch my latest series of explosions, I might balance 2000 extra movie tickets against 25,000 extra people to watch the movie. Especially as I could then include them in the next film as a "treat to the fans".
I'm not sure Bay really needs to resort to cheap stunts to get people to come and watch Dark of the Moon. Remember, Revenge of the Fallen made back its entire $200 million production budget in less than a week.
That's true, but think of it this way - Reviews for Revenge of the Fallen were quite poor, so Michael Bay may be pulling this off to try to:
A) Convince people that it's safe to watch this movie if the Twins were offensive to them
B) Have people go "Challenge accepted" and sit through the movie to find them.

If they aren't there, he just gets a heap of people to watch the movie who would have avoided it, meaning more money for Mr. Shaky Camera.

Still, nice to see that there will be one less thing for Moviebob to rage at. He IS going to review it, right?
Hmmmm i think i might pirate the movie just to can the film.... worst case they arnt in there and ive spent no money to see a movie i dont wanna see

GeeksUtopia

Feb 26, 2011
OMFG what the hell is racist about them? If anyone thinks that these ROBOTS are racist has nothing more to do than to complain and whine over nothing. What cause they act like they are gangsta makes them ghetto or wannabe ghetto? Its just like the movie AVATAR when around the end of the movie the general says, "how does it feel to betray your own race?" Really all he was saying was the human race. not a race of white people, not a race of black people, not a race of any damn kind.

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
Alphakirby said:
Druyn said:
Ranorak said:
Oh, I think I spotted them

Thats obviously fake. There aren't nearly enough explosions for that to be a Michael Bay movie. Also, I noticed a distinct lack of slow motion boobies.
and military vehicles,and soldiers.

OT: To Michael Bay,

But how do I send in my entry?
Where the hell is an american flag in that

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Nobody complains about Jazz "breakdancing" from his tranformation, yet two characters who act like the "ignorant stereotype" that are made for sheer fun are deemed racist?

Good God, I hate political correctness. I wish people would understand that there are people in the world who ACTUALLY behave like this.

fooddood3

Nov 5, 2010
pdgeorge said:
Holywood never makes bets without a reason?

What about Uwe Bowl (or whatever, he doesn't deserve his name being spelt correctly) constantly telling people "If you have a problem with my movie, let's take it up in the boxing ring!"

Some people are just dicks. Being in Hollywood doesn't preclude them from being dicks infact it makes their inherent dickishness about a thousand times as powerful as before.
Say what you want about Hollywood, but lumping Uwe Boll in with any group is harsh.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
First of all, who the hell are all these retards putting american racial politics on to GIANT TRANSFORMING ROBOTS THAT COME FROM OUTER SPACE?

Belated said:
If you looked at those two Transformers and thought "black people", you are the racist here. Not the guy who designed them. And yet, we all did. We all saw the resemblance to stereotypes. Why? Because we're all a little bit racist. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbud8rLejLM]
No, not really. I didn't see them as black american stereotypes whatsoever, just as two more annoyingly retarded and ugly Bayformers that a never-was hack came up with to milk the ritalin generation out of more of their money. Perhaps that's because I'm australian, and don't give a rats' arse about american racial interactions.

I do agree with some of your post, but not that we should allow, accept and tolerate characters like skids, mudflap and jar jar. These are horribly offensive characters to anyone with a half-functioning brain, not from any "racial" nonsense, they're just retardedly annoying characters that serve no function in moving the story forward, and often cause a revulsive break in suspension of disbelief.

To your point on everyone being a bit racist, and I only wanna touch on that briefly lest we derail the entire thread (and really I think it's a discussion that probably deserves its own thread in the r&p section), but you're spot on in that regard.

I can swear and insult people in 8 languages, and I know full well that EVERYONE has racist comments to make about everyone else. Hell, just a few weeks ago I had a waiter who thought it was fine to insult customers in his native tongue whilst serving them. Heh, after calling him a few choice terms back, I don't think he'll do that again. The shock on his face when he realised that not only did I know what he was saying, but that I could respond in kind was priceless.

------------------------------------

Now then, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more on topic:

At least one of the twins will be in the film. He's got 2 new toys, with a new alt mode under the TF3:DotM branding. He's even got an updated bio.
See here for the deluxe:
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.cfm?guid=BEB030B8-5056-900B-103F-2100E7E476AD&product_id=28398&src=endeca

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Sorry, can someone fill me in on why the two robots received some heat? I have really picky tastes, so naturally, the 2nd movie didn't appeal to me~

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Arsen said:
Nobody complains about Jazz "breakdancing" from his tranformation, yet two characters who act like the "ignorant stereotype" that are made for sheer fun are deemed racist?

Good God, I hate political correctness. I wish people would understand that there are people in the world who ACTUALLY behave like this.
There was nothing racist about the characters. Being suggesstive of a racial subculture that actually exists does not make something racist. Nor does making humor based around it. To be honest these two at the very worst seemed like they were doing a Wayan's Brothers schtick, and given the amount of money those guys have made performing I can't see the problem.

If anything the problem isn't so much those characters, but the fact that the whole movie was just plain out bad, seeming to make a joke out of the whole idea. They kind of fit into a movie where one of the climactic moments was the whole bit with the robot balls (and if you've seen it, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about).

In short, they shouldn't be picking on those characters, so much as Michael Bay for creating a movie that was so absurd that a Wayans brothers routine fit in almost seamlessly. I suppose if the movie was entirely deadpan and they were acting like that, it might be one thing, but when you have people making jokes about Devestator's balls, this fit right in. It wasn't like they were inserted into a serious movie where they were not aiming for the absurd.

Of course I would ask Mr. Bay if them not being included.. which implies there not being a scene involving them leaving or anything, if we're just removing "Revenge Of The Fallen" from his movie continuity.

That said, I have no problems with explosions, tanks, and The American flag unlike other people. To be honest one of the things I actually LIKE about Michael Bay's version is that I thought it was a bit silly in the cartoons that all the humans were sitting around passively while this stuff was going on, especially seeing as I saw no paticular reason why humanity couldn't adapt or would remain entirely ineffective... and this seems to be a theme in the third movie we're looking at in paticular. I thought it made a degree of sense to have a few kick arse military guys fighting fairly effectively right alongside the autobots.... Made me think of a certain GI Joe/Transformers crossover (well concept wise not plotwise of course).

Still, while I don't agree with MovieBob on everything, and my opinion on some of the specifics as to why Michael Bay is all wrong for this material are differant, I *DO* think that he is wrong for it. I think what we're taking away from this is that the Transformers liscence has the abillity to sell movie tickets. I hope it opens the door for a reboot down the road with a differant director.

Galliam

Dec 26, 2008
I may be in a minority here, but having never WATCHED the actual transformers cartoons, the movies didn't bother me that much. I tend to let my escapist action movies be just a visual fun fest rather than a greater search for meaning or any kind of fan service.

This has little to do with the topic, but OT I'd like to say that my first impression of the twins weren't that they were "black." But that they were just two redneck idiots. I honestly thought that and I can see where someone MIGHT say black, but my first impression was totally different.

I pictured Cletis from the Simpsons. I kinda liked the twins too. They were dorks and that made me laugh.

Now, JAZZ was a fucking BLACK robot, and Jazz fucking owned. So other than him dying, I don't see much racism with it.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
I read the title and assumed that I'd get to murder those annoying fuckers in some form. I am disappoint.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Hyperactiveman said:
Latinidiot said:
Of course they are stereotypes. The robots learned everything they know from the internet. Hell, there even was this medic-bot yelling YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME HUH? CO/m/E AT ME BRO!

God forbid the autobots have spent too much time on memebase.
BAHAHAH... That's pretty much what I was thinking almost word for word... Then I read your post and freaked out a little.

I'm surprised that all of the autobots don't sound like stereotypes... :/
yes, that would be horrible.

megaraccoon

Dec 7, 2010
people were offended by them!?! im shock do americans not realise they're watching FICTION! it does not exist it is the by product of a bored mind sterotypes of human natures do not translate to fictional toasters. if you were offended by this then clearly YOU'RE rascist as when someone ficional acts like this you immediatly think they're black for all we know these ficional autobots could all be white or asian or native american or more likly none what-so-ever cuz theryre fake.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008

I will watch that terrible movie just to prove him wrong. (Though there's not a chance in hell I'm going to pay to see it)

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
megaraccoon said:
people were offended by them!?! im shock do americans not realise they're watching FICTION! it does not exist it is the by product of a bored mind sterotypes of human natures do not translate to fictional toasters. if you were offended by this then clearly YOU'RE rascist as when someone ficional acts like this you immediatly think they're black for all we know these ficional autobots could all be white or asian or native american or more likly none what-so-ever cuz theryre fake.
Americans are also offended by (though this list is by no means complete):

Portal 2
Mass Effect
The Na'vi
"Hot or Not" Lists
'Wardrobe Malfunctions'
Sex
Logic
and finally, Rational Thought