comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
benbenthegamerman said:
comadorcrack said:
benbenthegamerman said:
rossatdi said:
Andy Chalk said:
Sony is releasing a special Michael Jackson-branded PlayStation 3 bundle in Japan later this month to tie in with the DVD release of the
Anyone else wondering what colour the console case is?
it doesnt matter if its black or white.
Sorry, but I wanna shake your hand right now.
micheal jackson puns ftw?
Perfectly Placed Michael Jackson Puns FTW

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
What the hell are hotcakes anyway? I'd think suction-cup leeches would sell better.

It is fairly bad. They could at least include more stuff with it. Like a cd. A glove. A booklet. Anything really.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure you could buy the PS3 and the This Is It DVD seperately for a lower price.

It's not even like that PS3 is different than the regular ones, it's just a different box with a DVD bundled in.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
SUPA FRANKY said:
The worst thing is, that if it comes to North America, its gonna sell like hotcakes.
Seriously...just because MJ is on it...

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Preorder at game stop and i hear you get free blow up 9 year old.

And plastic surgery options for any game you play.

Solid Snakes nose not strange enough? Now you can play mister Potato head with him on your PS3!

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
It's only a matter of time before they do this more.

just imagine....

This is it: Shake-em-up edition for Wii. Groove like the King of Pop with your new Wii Thriller Board. Now with realistic groin grabbing motion controls.

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
The DSM said:
Even Fleas let go when the dog dies.

Ill let you work out what that refers to.
Wouldn't by any chance mean the people who still worship the ground he used to walk on even now that he is dead? Long shot but im tired out.

OT: I love how when he dies he manages to have more stuff sold then he ever did in life. Its amusing. His fans cared so much that they only bought his albums after he was dead having allowed him to get into major debts after the court cases with no way of being able to pay them back in time, whereby stressing himself to the point of drug abuse to block out the problems.

Yes fans can be stupid sometimes. I've heard more about him now that he is dead then i have in a year whilst he was alive.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
DemonicKitten said:
I love how when he dies he manages to have more stuff sold then he ever did in life. Its amusing. His fans cared so much that they only bought his albums after he was dead having allowed him to get into major debts after the court cases with no way of being able to pay them back in time, whereby stressing himself to the point of drug abuse to block out the problems.

Yes fans can be stupid sometimes. I've heard more about him now that he is dead then i have in a year whilst he was alive.
So you're saying it's the fans fault that despite owning almost the entire Beatles catalog plus his own, Michael Jackson wasn't able to make enough money to pay off a $22 million settlement and lawyer fees? He got into debt because he lived lavishly.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
No *bangs head on desk* No....*bangs head* NO.NO NO NO a gazillion times NO...The man is DEAD D-E-A-D nothing anyone does will bring him back EVER. Ugh i'm getting tired of all the Michael Jackson stuff that's been happening. I'm going to go smash my head against a wall and hard several times over until all this stop *straps on helmet* WISH ME LUCK

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
That's kinda cool. But I shall not buy it. Unless it gets marked down so that it's cheaper than buying a PS3.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Man I want the box so I can put it on my front door, keep all the kids away, oh wait, it won't keep the girls away, shit, I hate kids...

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
benbenthegamerman said:
rossatdi said:
Andy Chalk said:
Sony is releasing a special Michael Jackson-branded PlayStation 3 bundle in Japan later this month to tie in with the DVD release of the
I see what you did there. It really is a /thread comment.

Are people seriously going to buy this crap? I get that everyone loved him, but seriously, a branded PS3?

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Really? ... well. Go Japan. Enjoy your toy. I'll be busy having sex with girls and listening to Death Metal... Somewhere very far away from you.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
The DSM said:
Even Fleas let go when the dog dies.

Ill let you work out what that refers to.
I would say that Sony is being more akin to vultures, in this scenario. Frankly I wish the whole Michael Jackson thing could just be dead and buried so we can all get-on with our lives, but of course there will always be big business executives trying to pry meat off his corpse because over-devoted fans with no taste keep the corpse fresh and abundant.

Honestly it's hard to say who's worse in that scenario. The businesses for exploiting it, or the fans for making it worth exploiting.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I can't say I get this one. I mean the only possible market for this is really a Michael Jackson fan who doesn't have a PS-3 and/or the video already. I can't see many people running out to buy this bundle just because of the picture.

Also I'll be honest in saying I have some mixed opinions about the whole thing largely because of the allegations of child abuse that followed Michael around, combined with the whole baby dangling thing (which wasn't merely an allegation, it happened). I saw him settling over the child molestation stuff as pretty much a confession of guilt given that someone in his reputation with what he had on the line really needed the "innocent" verdict to maintain credability. To me it seemed like he traded his fortune to stay out of jail. In some ways similar to OJ Simspon and his "legal dream team". Enough truely bizzare and incriminating stuff was found in his house to make me go "WTF" even in the best case scenario. I mean not many people have secret pervo throne rooms with children's toys, or bloody suerveillance cameras outside their bedroom to see who is walking by during their private "sleepovers" with children (which for normal people take place in like the living room with the kids hanging out with other kids, not with a bunch of kids piling into a bed with an adult they aren't related to).

I liked some of Michael Jackson's music and videos, especially early on. His later stuff didn't appeal to me much with rare exception though.

It's Sony's business, but in general I would actually be discouraged from buying a toy (and yes a PS-3 *IS* a toy) with Michael Jackson's picture on it, especially for a child.

I'll also as a final note mention that the most interesting issue with Michael Jackson to me was not the Child Molestation thing (which is a dime a dozen), but I also remember when some pretty respected journalists talked about him going down to Africa and buying a bunch of cattle for a Voodoo priest to slaughter to curse his enemies (or something a lot like that).

Strictly speaking, that wasn't criminal, but at the time it seemed to come from reliable sources. It's just there wasn't much you could do except go "wow, that really is bloody wierd". But still... it gets down to the point as to why anyone would want to buy anything associated with this guy except some favorite songs.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
benbenthegamerman said:
comadorcrack said:
benbenthegamerman said:
rossatdi said:
Andy Chalk said:
Sorry, but I wanna shake your hand right now.
micheal jackson puns ftw?
/shrug. It's just Human Nature...

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
This is Bad.

Wait wait, I got another one. Sony won't stop 'till they get enough.

Wait, even better! I don't think Microsoft will be able to Beat It.