Microsoft Bashes Blu-Ray

TurtleBay

Sep 22, 2010
mad825 said:
TurtleBay said:
- Because HD-DVD has gone the way of the dodo, pirates will have trouble burning disk images (burners and media are extremely rare)
rather one dimensional.

once Blue-ray becomes very common, the drivers and the discs will cost less so really your point is heavily flawed
- Machines are sitting idle that can make these things, no new tech to invent
what?
Note that I am suggesting HD-DVD, NOT Blu-ray as a distribution medium (the two are completely different formats). The cons of using HD-DVD is that the disks contain less data and no new HD-DVD movie releases will be available because it lost the format wars. The advantages are that while it is getting easier and easier to copy Blu-ray disks because it is a popular format, HD-DVDs remain hard to copy and burner manufacturers have completely stopped making HD-DVD burners. This could prevent a repeat of Microsoft's piracy problem where users flashed the XBox 360 DVD drive firmware to be able to play cheap DVDs that were burned on their computer.

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
My internet is terrible. TERRIBLE. No, seriously, it peaks at 20kb/s. KB/S PEOPLE!
There is no way I can go for digitally distributed games or movies at that speed.

Plus I'm a hoarder - I love me physical copies for two reasons:
1) I like physical copies to show off as a library.
2) I have the worst luck with computers and I've had entire harddrives wiped. I don't like having digital storage I can't back up a lot and I simply wouldn't have the space to do so with a 50GB game or HD movie

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
keep cost low?! wtf where? arent the 2 systems at the same price? games at the same price?

<.<

give it up man you've lost and stop being a stubborn ***** and get with the program!
Think about the beginning. How was was an xbox compared to a PS3? Because of all the Blu-Ray, PS3 prices were sky high.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Radelaide said:
DTWolfwood said:
keep cost low?! wtf where? arent the 2 systems at the same price? games at the same price?

<.<

give it up man you've lost and stop being a stubborn ***** and get with the program!
Think about the beginning. How was was an xbox compared to a PS3? Because of all the Blu-Ray, PS3 prices were sky high.
i agree but check the date of which this statement was made. it wasn't made 3-4 years ago. So now its just them being stubborn is what im saying

MentalBakura

Welcome To Das Oontz
Feb 21, 2009
This makes me laugh. Nobody I know can even stream the crappy Inside Xbox videos without it pausing to buffer more. Yeah, I think I'll stick with physical media for my movies.