Microsoft Brings Cortana Into the Real World

rednightmare

Apr 17, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
, "Our UI will be deeply personalized, based on the advanced, almost magical, intelligence in our cloud that learns more and more over time about people and the world. Our shell will natively support all of our essential services, and will be great at responding seamlessly to what people ask for, and even anticipating what they need before they ask for it."
Wait?! Have we just given up on stopping the Machines uprising and decided to just make Skynet already? Because this seems kind of creepy.

Matthi205

Mar 8, 2012
Strazdas said:
Is Siri really that popular? i was under the impression its something you try once get bored and never turn on again.
Then again, i recently found out there exist people that use windows media center......
Siri, not really. The religious Apple people sometimes use it, but I don't know of anyone else using the feature after finding out it's there (it can't do most stuff, and it's hilariously inaccurate most of the time).

Windows Media Center? I haven't even touched that piece of shit software. Windows 7's Windows Media Player with the CCCP codecs works well though (even if it's hard to believe). I've even found Internet Explorer to work better than Chrome - surprise, it's more stable with lots of open tabs. It's weird really, as if there were some kind of competent programmers at Microsoft.

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
rednightmare said:
Andy Chalk said:
, "Our UI will be deeply personalized, based on the advanced, almost magical, intelligence in our cloud that learns more and more over time about people and the world. Our shell will natively support all of our essential services, and will be great at responding seamlessly to what people ask for, and even anticipating what they need before they ask for it."
Wait?! Have we just given up on stopping the Machines uprising and decided to just make Skynet already? Because this seems kind of creepy.
That's a good point, actually. It's like even AFTER pulling the Xbox 180, they can't talk enough about monitoring on their users.

Seriously, Microsoft, get help. They make these things called PR firms. Buy one. Then shut up and get the fuck out of its way.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
s_h_a_d_o said:
Nicolaus99 said:
Pff, want a GLaDOS Siri! She'd line all her answers with insults and threats.
Yes.
Also...
HAL2000
Marvin (the Paranoid Android from HHGTTG)
Class M-3 Model B9, General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot (from Lost in Space)!!!

I'm surprised Microsoft hadn't already marketed an actual AR product of Cortana.
Hmm, you seem to have missed someone.

I'll just leave them here...

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
MiskWisk said:
s_h_a_d_o said:
Nicolaus99 said:
Pff, want a GLaDOS Siri! She'd line all her answers with insults and threats.
Yes.
Also...
HAL2000
Marvin (the Paranoid Android from HHGTTG)
Class M-3 Model B9, General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot (from Lost in Space)!!!

I'm surprised Microsoft hadn't already marketed an actual AR product of Cortana.
Hmm, you seem to have missed someone.

I'll just leave them here...

Ah yes, touché.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
RandV80 said:
Looking at the article title I thought it meant they were going to bring her to stage for some Xbox presentation Hatsune Miku style.
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed. It probably won't even be her voice on the app.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
...and all I can think to myself is this:

"Cortana? Really? Is Microsoft..." *puts on shades* "...Siri-ous?"

*insert "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" here*