Microsoft Exec on Always Online Consoles: "Deal With it"

Jan 29, 2009
Microsoft: the very fact that you're even considering making a console require an internet connection has instantly destroyed any hope of my ever buying one.
DEAL WITH IT.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Sorry for late responses, i was banned for "Calling a poster a troll".

cjspyres said:
Strazdas said:
HOw many games you buy? if the answer is more than 1 per month, pc gaming is cheaper. what you spekd on superior hardware, you will easily make up for in game prices.
And if the console specs are going to be the way they seem to be going, you wont need 800 dollars to match it for PC specs.
Um, that still doesn't change the fact that some people can't afford the investment of powerful PC like that. And if were talking about people not being able to afford something, then shouldn't it pretty much be obvious that they aren't buying multiple games a month? I mean, I own a PC, but I can't even afford to buy more than one game a month. Hell, I can barely afford that. I have to borrow games from friends.
So you mostly borrow games and paly them on a console that makes a loss at a sellpoint. this means that you and people liek you are a loss to microsoft and from a business standpoint should be gotten ridden of. instead they will cater to thier target audience, people who buy games that make up for console hardware cheap price loss. in toher words, you arent the target audience, of course they are not going to cater to you. If they wanted to sell the console at profit, PC would not look like an expensive investment.

mb16 said:
'Le fek, the internet is down; oh-well I can still play single player on my xbox... oh wait'
Le fe, the internet is downl oh-well i guess its time to finally do something about it.

In Search of Username said:
Phones need phone signal to work. Vacuum cleaners need power to work. Video games do NOT need the internet to work, and though it's a nice addition, there's no actual advantage to forcing players to use it when they needn't.
some do. in fact, many do.

Doomsdaylee said:
I...I just realized something. I-Is this all a scheme from microsoft to turn gamers into PC gamers, thus making them buy windows, thus giving them MORE money? After all, most people who will be turned off by this are players who aren't Xbox fanboys, or don't much care about console exclusives, so probably only have a passing interest in this. This makes them go to the PC, where Windows holds sway...
>>
Or am I just THAT MUCH smarter than their marketing department.
More like Phone gaming. Because windows 8 is anything but gamer friendly.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Strazdas said:
Strazzy, did you really wait three whole days to quibble on about this stuff? I kinda' watched you argue with quite ALOT of people over this stuff, and then you were under suspension. I would say that you were more than a little out of line here, and in this case you should have taken the whole ordeal as a sign to chill out. This will not make any headway. The argument and indeed the point has been lost. Just go with it.

Wolf Hagen

Jul 28, 2010
Kinda news from the other side of the part:

Cliffy B. tries to defend our new Sweethearth Orthy as you may read on his Personal Blog.

Click me! [http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/47725362941/deal-with-it]

Seemes the Gamers now have another Problem to "deal with".

TheSpyIsASpyWDZ

Loves To Lurk
Dec 15, 2012
irishda said:
TheSpyIsASpyWDZ said:
Strazdas said:
TheSpyIsASpyWDZ said:
Well, as someone who couldn't get any faster than dial-up 2 years ago, and whose current internet is a fraction as fast as broadband, I can say that you're hilariously wrong in your generalization of the entire country of the USA. Honestly, if the next XBOX quite literally needs an internet connection to run, then Microsoft are a bunch of brainless twats who didn't deserve my money for their console anyway. I really can't get any faster internet where I live in Beloit, WI. Not all of the United States has the population density of Seattle, and the people simply cannot get a reliable connection.
according to vikipedia your population is 36,966. You should have fiber optics in a town this large by now, i cna understand dialup in a 100 people villages, but such a town should ahve forgotten that long ago. i pity you for having crapy monopolizing consumer abusing ISPs.
Well, the northern end of Beloit has most of the population, I live in the outskirts where no cables dare- Oh you know what? I'll just be frank with you. The ISPs are assholes, and my house is only a mile off a MAIN ROAD. While where I live in the town houses are quite far apart, but not enough to warrant not having cable. But yeah, most of the population is in a different side of my town, basically you have a metropolitan northern area, and a dead as hell southern area. And don't get me started on the city of South Beloit, they make southern Beloit look like New York.
Really? Fucking Beloit is a wasteland of internet access? You're about an hour and a half from Madison and Chicago and you can't get better than a fraction of broadband? I live up in Marquette, a town of 20,000 an hour away from the nearest town of 10,000, and I can get a connection of 300Mbps. My fucking grandparents live outside of a town with two streets on a goddamn island and they've got a better internet connection than you. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is one of the most sparsely populated sections east of the Mississipi, and you're telling me we can get a better internet connection than southern Wisconsin?
The town is nice, we have some pretty high-tech buildings. But the thing is, internet is distributed unevenly around the town, some places having high-speed, some having to deal with dial-up, ridiculously. I don't know why it's that way, but it is. Mind you, there IS a large area that can get the same high-speed internet that you guys can get, but there's also a LARGE area where people can't. I just don't know. South Beloit? Man, they can't get good internet anywhere to my knowledge. The only densely populated area is near the high-school, and the high school sucks. So does the interwebz around it. I'll state it again, I don't know what the hell the ISP's are thinking, we are willing to pay money, we are already paying more than what we'd be paying for cable for a fraction of the speed.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Strazdas said:
Strazzy, did you really wait three whole days to quibble on about this stuff? I kinda' watched you argue with quite ALOT of people over this stuff, and then you were under suspension. I would say that you were more than a little out of line here, and in this case you should have taken the whole ordeal as a sign to chill out. This will not make any headway. The argument and indeed the point has been lost. Just go with it.
IF by wait you mean wait while the ban was over - then yes.
I was under suspension for "Reason: Calling someone a troll is also trolling. Please be more respectful to other users.". I agree i went over the line in a few of the responses, and as such i did not dispute the suspension. This does not however mean i must abandon what i believe, merely put my opinion forth without that much aggression.
Neither argument or the point has been lost, and if you think that you are simply mistaken.

Oh and yeah, another long pause to respond, this time RL interfered.