Microsoft Lifts Bans On Those Who Got Early Xbox Ones

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Strazdas said:
You have lambasted my legitimate and clever answers and inferred if not stated outright that I am ignorant.

You have forgotten the face of your father, gunslinger.
I have disagreed with your arguments, tht much is correct. I made an analogy, maybe too heavy handed i admit, that was supposed to show how misusing words as you implied can lead to unintended consequences.
If you use words for meanings they do not have you will get people who know the actual meaning of the world confused. I said that using words for meanings they do not have is lack of knowledge and people who are using them are often unaware of its actual meaning (unless they are joking obviously).
Now lets look at the definition of ignorance:
ig·no·rance (gnr-ns)
n.
The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

Being uninformed or unaware is not insulting. It is being uninformed or unaware. noone knows everything. I am completely ignorant of how fashion works for example. "Ignorance" is as much an insult as saying "you dont know".

Whats more, is that i never called you ignorant. I said it is ignorant to say console is bricked when it is not (not knowing actual condition of console or not knowing meaning of the word). I never said you are one way or the other to begin with.

P.S. i know it is sometimes hard to understand me correctly and the fault is my own. My English language skills leaves much to be desired.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Strazdas said:
Listen, Straz, I'm not saying you fail at english, but it did look like a fairly-offensive dig at my intellect there. It could be interpretted that because you were underwhelmed by my explanation and stated that the way I was explaining them were examples of ignorance, that you were in fact impugning my intelligence. To wit, irritation by association because I'm willing to accept an expanded definition. I found that rather uncalled for. However, since - as you say - you did not mean that I was lacking in the way that I inferred, I will cease to be offended, kay?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Strazdas said:
Listen, Straz, I'm not saying you fail at english, but it did look like a fairly-offensive dig at my intellect there. It could be interpretted that because you were underwhelmed by my explanation and stated that the way I was explaining them were examples of ignorance, that you were in fact impugning my intelligence. To wit, irritation by association because I'm willing to accept an expanded definition. I found that rather uncalled for. However, since - as you say - you did not mean that I was lacking in the way that I inferred, I will cease to be offended, kay?
Fair enough. I can see now how from your perspective it may have looked offensive.
I do think we went way offtopic now though and there is not much discussion to be had here anymore, so perhaps its time to let this topic go into obscurity?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Aye, we got so far off track that it's gone to space and hit Galaxy Express 999 on the way out.