Microsoft Says User-Created Master Chief Is Okay With Them

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I prefer the Xbox 360 to the PS3 and Wii, but Microsoft as a company needs to shut up and suck less.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
Aren't both Halo 1 and 2 out on PC as well? I guess since MS likes to ignore the fact they're losing to Nintendo they figure they can ignore PCs as well

Jul 9, 2008
Sentient Muffin said:
"And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games (do they even have any games?) and putting them on our platform..."

Maybe because they CAN'T. And this d*ck was doing so well.
Oh, come on. It was clearly just a joke, and you can't blame a man for being(or at least pretending to be) a fanboy for his employer.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
orannis62 said:
Sentient Muffin said:
"And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games (do they even have any games?) and putting them on our platform..."

Maybe because they CAN'T. And this d*ck was doing so well.
Oh, come on. It was clearly just a joke, and you can't blame a man for being(or at least pretending to be) a fanboy for his employer.
I wonder if he makes two separate wages: Lawyer wage and fanboy wage... I'd work that job :D

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Anton P. Nym said:
Darth Mobius said:
I would love to see The Arbiter jamming out on Guitar Hero...
Not quite what you asked for, but... [http://ahcs.bungie.org/comics/20/]

-- Steve
I looked at the first contestant on that comic strip, then back to McGowan's parting comment and had a good laugh. I hope that was intended.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
sanzo said:
Aren't both Halo 1 and 2 out on PC as well? I guess since MS likes to ignore the fact they're losing to Nintendo they figure they can ignore PCs as well
Microsoft made windows before anyone knew what an xbox was...
v_v

Also, microsoft isn't losing to nintendo unless they're targeting the same audience, which they're not.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
I applaud them for not jumping on the lawsuit bandwagon. "OMG we made that! STOP IT! Give us (INSERT INSANE AMOUNT OF $$$ HERE) for unspecified damages!"

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
theSovietConnection said:
Kudos to the attorney, wish more people could be level headed like him.
Not to mention witty.
MS Attorney-at-law McGowan said:
"This will also remind people of just how great the Halo games are and remind them that if they're done with the user-created faux-Halo experience, the real Halo is available only on the Xbox 360. And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games (do they even have any games?) and putting them on our platform..."
Oooh!!!
Ice BURN!!!

Love how he rises above the fanboyism, but doesn't really.

Moormur

Mar 24, 2009
Wow. This is pretty impressive, to say the least. I don't know if it can be taken as a sign of something new, though.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Arbre said:
Hey, I suppose, then, that Cryptic Studios can tweak their character tools to let people make their own MC, no? After all, it spreads the faith.
Nope. As he mentioned, Microsoft opened up their game content for non-commercial use with their Game Content Usage Rules [http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules.htm]. Cryptic would definitely fall under commercial use. Unless they open up their tools to let any users add stuff to them.

It was actually a pretty damn nice thing for Microsoft to do for fans and hobbyist developers. It lets anyone use the music, models, art, and other data from Microsoft games for personal projects, as long as they attribute it.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
A lawyer with a sense of humor? Next thing you know we'll be reading stories about dogs lying down with cats and the dead rising from the grave. Are you the Keymaster?

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Strangely ironic that Snake is part of SSBB, almost the most famous game on the Wii, which is still dominating. You don't have your petty Masterchief in that one, or do you, huh? Huh?!?

No but really; he started of strong and then just let it slip out as if he couldn't control his verbal diarrhea. It's true that Microsoft are more "in touch" with their fans afterall...