Microsoft Trademark May Foil Sony's "Arc"

DudeMan1031

Jul 16, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Arc sounds liek something Sony would use, they are fairly creative with product names, Microsoft on the otherhand, are now. I mean.. xbox? Its a terrible name.
Could be worse, it almost ended up being DirectXbox

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
w-Jinksy said:
HG131 said:
Distorted Stu said:
Arc sounds liek something Sony would use, they are fairly creative with product names, Microsoft on the otherhand, are now. I mean.. xbox? Its a terrible name.
Well, at least it doesn't rhyme with GayStation. The first way you should test a product is to find things that rhyme with it's name.
sexbox much?

anyway i was never going to get this arc anyway i mean a wand? piss off and get out of it.

though i gotta say that mouse kinda looks nifty.
Not to mention what DS rhymes with...

On topic, it is a sweet looking mouse. If Arc is taken, they'll probably opt for a synonym. Curve? Syncline? Anticline? Hyperbole? Semicircle?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Every time I see the word "arc", the first thing I think of is this [http://www.jakeslife.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/img00350.jpg].

I have no idea why.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lol, oh all things! XD

Well, if anything sony execs. will be doing a good ol' fashined face desk ruight now!

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
hansari said:
Which is why it's a terrible name for any device that doesn't melt your face off...
Well if its made by microsoft...
:p
(I jest)

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
Further proof that Microsoft have developed and refined time travel technology so as to mess up competitors.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Why do people care so much about the name of the motion control? It's not as if it affects performance in anyway, I mean look at the Wii

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Why doesn't Sony just name it what it looks like: Glowdo, short for glowing dildo.

Gloldo? Glildo?

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Those mice suck.

Just saying...

OT: Name games seem so childish. To me its the big-boy equivalent of two children slapping each other while screaming "BUT I HAD IT FIRST!"

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Hobo Joe said:
Microsoft with planning and forethought have once again thrown a spanner into the works of their arch gaming nemesis Sony.
Planning and forethought? This was an unlucky coincidence on Sony's part at best.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
Blimey said:
Those mice suck.

Just saying...

OT: Name games seem so childish. To me its the big-boy equivalent of two children slapping each other while screaming "BUT I HAD IT FIRST!"
Trademarks and patents are basically name games. That is the purpose of the patent office.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
My guesses are:

- Sony(tm) Rectal Probe
- Sony(tm) Ping-pong-ball-on-stick
- Sony (tm) Noun

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Microsoft: *twirls mustache* Mwe he he he he.

But seriously, it's just a name. I doubt it'll impact much on sales, like so many naysayers are claiming.

ad5x5

Jun 23, 2009
Maybe they've been making us all think its going to be called Arc, which if we're honest has unfortunate connections with the French (for us English anyway).
(due to the capital letter - giving proper noun status)

Should be called the Sony Motion Action Recreation Tool

or SMART.

Feel free to use it Sony...