Microsoft Xbox needs to die.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I am now on my fourth xbox where my first 2 had RROD and third had trouble with the huge bar thing continously turning off and the dvd driver not closing properly. My fourth xbox is the limited gears 3 one which comes with 2 gears of war controllers both of which are screwy. The one had its b button get caved in after 2 weeks and the second continously loses battery power over and over. This is my 5th xbox controller to mess up.

And just look at their live service, where it costs developers 40 thousand dollars for a simple patch on their games. They lured a bunch of small independent developers and with the new update beat them in a corner and charge developers huge amounts of money to put games on the arcade.

With the new patch we are bombarded with advertisements, and they have the guts to raise the price on live for something which really should be free. You have to have an active live account to have access to "perks" like netflix (thats a JOKE) and live ruined any communication with their community with their games. Just look at the sorry state of the dungeon defender dlc, microsoft acts like bloody money grubbing tyrants and just look at how it ruins games that thrive on dlc like l4d or team fortress 2. You cannot mod ANY game on the 360, which makes people who bought skyrim on the 360 insanely jealous of all the fun the pc community gets to have with user created content. Microsoft simply does not ALLOW us access to it because it contradicts their ideals.

Enough is enough! all microsoft accomplishes is strangling developers with their bullshit, and get away with releasing GARBAGE hardware so you have to re-buy the console and controller over and over and they actually have the guts to charge you almost 100$ a year to play games online.

Next gen microsoft NEEDS to lose the race because they are literally keeping gaming in the dark ages with their selfish tactics. In a perfect world everyone would buy games only for the pc so developers / consumers can enjoy freedom and the biggest hurdle for developers would not be the money to make the games, but only their creativity. Will microsoft ever have gems like Cave Story, SOL exodus which is trying to make a space combat comeback, or Terraria? NO, because they ask for way too much money. Microsoft is the equivalent of the church in the dark ages.

What is there to defend about the 360 other then brand loyalty?

Mar 26, 2008
I might be in the minority but the PC gamers can keep their mods. There is a reason game developers generate content for their own games; it's because they're good at it. I haven't seen a mod yet that isn't in some way half-arsed or stands out from the original content like dog's balls.

BTW I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your 360's. I've got three in the house (2 Pros and a 360S) and none of them have had any problems.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
All that and yet you bought four of the things and continue to pay for their internet services? When you keep throwing money at them like this, you are giving them every reason to think they are doing a fantastic job.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
.........Okay where are you buying your xboxes? And how do you treat them? Because my mother bought me one for christmas off of Ebay a while back and it's worked fine for years, a few hiccups, but it is getting old after all. I love my xbox, I don't mind paying for live (yes I am a little pissed that I have to pay to use netflix I've alreay paid for) but at only 60 dollars a year, its not too bad, that's only 5 dollars a month (especially since I always buy mine when I can get a good deal, 20 dollars off at least).

I have Mass Effect and while I don't currently own a copy of Skyrim I have played it and loved it and am intending to buy it some day (it was a choice between Skyrim an ME3, ME won) and I have no need, nor want to mod those games. I do not look at PC gamers with longing. If I wanted it to mod, I'd have gotten it for the PC, but I don't care so I'm good with it how it is.

I also saw no price hike on xbox live...maybe you're not in the US so we're in different situations, but I don't know what raising in price you're talking about.

Now I would comment on the whole updates and the indie developers but I honestly don't know much about all that so I'm not going to pretend to know something I don't.

If you hate the xbox so much I don't really understand why you went out and bought a fourth one...sorry you're having so much trouble, but...I like my xbox and I don't think there's any reason for microsoft to die.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
I got a used one that's been working just fine since the day I got it. Don't know what you're doing to yours to make them explode, but it can't be on the list of Do's for the system.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i lost only one and i got another one for free becuase it was that e74 thing so i don't really have a problem with them since this new one has yet to die on me

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Shawn MacDonald said:
What I hate about these threads is there is always one person who types this line. "This has not been a problem for me and my Xbox works just fine." Just fine and dandy random person on the internet who thinks that everybody else must treat their stuff like crap. Like how mine broke as well and is sitting in my closet never to be played again.
That one random person and bunch of other people. I have only had one 360 break down on me and that was 2 years after launch AND after being thrown down a flight of stairs. On my second 360 and it works perfectly since 2009.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
I'm on my 4th Xbox, I've had a release Pro and a 2nd Gen Arcade die on me (only paid $50 for the arcade and it served me well for over a year), I also had a MW2 console which I've subsequently sold and I'm now on a Gears of War 3 console. I've got 5 controllers (4 first party ones), only 1 of which doesn't work perfectly, but I attribute that to my idiot brother who used to use it before I moved out and took it with me. You're complaining about the price hike? It's like $100 for a year in Australia (unless you get in during one of their 'deals') and we don't even get half the features. No Netflix, no Indie Games and we have a total of 2 TV Channels from that new update. Seriously, how do we pay more than Americans for it? OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH MORE!

That all being said, they provide a damn good service and I love my Xbox. My Wii and 3DS sit tucked away collecting dust, but every day without fail I turn my xbox on for 10-15 hours...

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
I stopped at 3.

Happens once; "eh, I heard these things have gremlins."

Happens twice; "Aww what? AGAIN?! God dammit.."

Happens thrice; "Are you fucking kidding me? No. I'm done."

It just proves the ol' saying true: If something doesn't break, Microsoft didn't make it

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Programmed_For_Damage said:
I haven't seen a mod yet that isn't in some way half-arsed or stands out from the original content like dog's balls.
Nehrim mod for Oblivion.
Project Reality for Battlefield/ARMA
Midas' Magic Mod for Skyrim
Chernobyl Enhanced for STALKER
Prelude for Portal
Insurgency (Source Mod)

The list goes on and on.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
I've had one RROD and I got it replaced for free. That xbox is currently still working fine. I do agree with you about the bullshit greediness of microsoft though. Also, those cunts autorenewed my XBL subscription without asking me.

If they really do include that thing about used games on the 720 I'm not going to buy it.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
I haven't seen a mod yet that isn't in some way half-arsed or stands out from the original content like dog's balls.
Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Minerva, Alien Swarm, Desert Combat, Lazarus, Age of Chivalry, Dear Esther, Nehrim, The Nameless Mod, The Dark Mod, Garry's Mod, Dota, Underhell, The Stanley Parable, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

You probably could have stopped typing at "I haven't seen a mod yet."

Anyway, I think the 360 is a pretty decent console overall, but it's true that they do need to get their reliability problems under wraps.

Kingme18

Destroyer of Worlds
Mar 26, 2011
EcksTeaSea said:
Shawn MacDonald said:
What I hate about these threads is there is always one person who types this line. "This has not been a problem for me and my Xbox works just fine." Just fine and dandy random person on the internet who thinks that everybody else must treat their stuff like crap. Like how mine broke as well and is sitting in my closet never to be played again.
That one random person and bunch of other people. I have only had one 360 break down on me and that was 2 years after launch AND after being thrown down a flight of stairs. On my second 360 and it works perfectly since 2009.
And then that awkward moment where even more people back you up and say that I have owned a 360 for 4 years and it has never been a problem to me ever.... Yeah.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
I've never had any major Xbox problems, and no one I know that takes care of their things has had any significant problems. It's really not hard for me to imagine that every time a QQ thread like this pops up, the OP just runs their 360 bundled up in a pile of laundry.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Zeckt said:
-Red Ring of Microsoft-
That's not fair to the church. Because, as you can see, THEY got better. Microsoft will continue to be a business, the business that decided to make consoles after they say how well Sony was cleaning up. You know how it is.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I might be in the minority but the PC gamers can keep their mods. There is a reason game developers generate content for their own games; it's because they're good at it. I haven't seen a mod yet that isn't in some way half-arsed or stands out from the original content like dog's balls.

BTW I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your 360's. I've got three in the house (2 Pros and a 360S) and none of them have had any problems.
hahaha thats a bit fo a loaded statement

there are plently of really good mods..however Modding is not actually somthing that interests me,

1. because I havnt quite worked out how it works

2. by principle Vanilla game should be good enough, if its not I'll find somthing else to play

sluggyfreelancer

Apr 16, 2009
Kingme18 said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Shawn MacDonald said:
And then that awkward moment where even more people back you up and say that I have owned a 360 for 4 years and it has never been a problem to me ever.... Yeah.
And another one who has theirs on most the day for that past 3 years. Is very loud though...