Microsoft's E3 Show Will Focus on Games

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Hope they got something better to offer other than a racing game, EA sports, and CoD's pet dog feature.

Aside from any Halo-related games, I mean.

And any mass wanking off to their obsession with TV.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
I'm going to give my opinion on this...more details to follow.

Appropriate Captcha: mumbo jumbo

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
LavaLampBamboo said:
Can you imagine if Microsoft had literally come out a few days before the reveal and said, no kidding, EXACTLY THIS THING? That they'd do the services like TV and sports at the reveal, then focus on games at E3? Imagine if they had made this clear in a statement a few days before the reveal.

IMAGINE THAT.
The reveal still would have been stupid, they would have just told us in advance. Even if there are a substantial amount of people that care more about the ability to watch TV and sports on a games console than play games, those people clearly aren't core gamers. And guess which people are going to be paying attention to a console reveal, especially one that happens at 10:00 on a Tuesday. Hint: it's not the people that the conference was clearly aimed towards.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
First impressions are pretty darn important. They've put themselves in a hole and now it's their job to climb out of it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I'm a little bit scared to be honest. About the 15 exclusive titles I mean. 8 of those are new IP's, sure. But what about the other titles? One is probably Halo and one is Gears of War and then there's Forza. That still leaves 4 unannounced titles from this gen that will be exclusive to Xbox One. What if one of them is a series that I've come to enjoy on PC and PS3? There are already rumors circling around that Mirror's Edge 2 will be exclusive to Xbox One. What if next Mass Effect for example is exclusive to X1? And what if it's awesome? Because there is no way in hell that I'm ever buying an Xbox One. It's just not happening.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
StewShearer said:
Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb has said in a Tweet that Microsoft will be turning off the television for E3.
Then how will they be showing off games and the console and stuff?

EDIT:
Adam Jensen said:
What if next Mass Effect for example is exclusive to X1? And what if it's awesome?
This made me laugh.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Yeah I'll believe it when I see it. Given with how much they talked about combining games, media, and all the other fancy features to make it the "ultimate entertainment center", I'm sure we won't get by without any mentions of the tv and Kinect features whatsoever.

But regardless, given with how poorly the reveal was received, they had better bring their A game to E3. That and actually talk about the concerns that people have with the console.

A3Bf72rVWE5hA

Nov 10, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
I'm a little bit scared to be honest. About the 15 exclusive titles I mean. 8 of those are new IP's, sure. But what about the other titles? One is probably Halo and one is Gears of War and then there's Forza. That still leaves 5 unannounced titles from this gen that will be exclusive to Xbox One. What if one of them is a series that I've come to enjoy on PC and PS3? There are already rumors circling around that Mirror's Edge 2 will be exclusive to Xbox One. What if next Mass Effect for example is exclusive to X1? And what if it's awesome? Because there is no way in hell that I'm ever buying an Xbox One. It's just not happening.
Wouldn't that leave only 4 from the previous generation? And my bets are on another Viva Pinata, because we could really do with more colorful games.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
fedirko7 said:
Wouldn't that leave only 4 from the previous generation? And my bets are on another Viva Pinata, because we could really do with more colorful games.
Typo. But it really wouldn't surprise me to see Microsoft paying the publishers to have previously multiplatform titles turned into X1 exclusives. They payed $50 million for timed exclusives for GTA IV episodes.
And this is the best case scenario in which Halo and Gears are two of those titles instead of some other previously multiplatform franchise.

MrWunderful

Filthy Console Peasant
May 27, 2013
Well I for one am excited to hear what they have to say about launch titles/exclusives. Its also refreshing to hear that they have listened to the community and hopefully will learn from their mistakes.

It will also be nice if they put some kinect/ DRM Rumors to bed, but I will not get my hopes up.

I also get the feeling that no matter what they say, it will be met with negativity from the gaming community due to the way they handled the whole reveal thing. I just hope it doesn't overshadow anything really cool.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Yopaz said:
Colt47 said:
So they are turning off the TV coverage of their E3 conference, but they are promising to reveal games at it. Isn't this a bit self defeating? It's their last chance to win people over and it would be helpful if the journalists actually had some kind of footage to use when explaining the good and bad they saw.
Yeah, I think we need to read the article again. It's not about media coverage, it's about the TV features. They wont focus on TV features on their E3 and rather focus on the games.
No I read the article, the headline seemed to suggest they were not allowing TV coverage.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I bet they will skip any questions about if the console will work more then 3 years again. The best way to get off Scott free from the loss of consumer trust after the RROD is to ignore it completely. I feel sorry for anyone who buys this turd.

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
Aerosteam said:
You know you've messed up your company's image when you now have to announce things such as "You will be able to turn the Kinect 2.0 off!" and "We will be showing games at E3 this year!"
I'd like to note that when they said you'd be able to turn the Kinect 2.0 off, they really only meant that you can turn the console off, and the Kinect will be off as well. They essentially just announced it as having a power button.

OT: Is it going to be more EA Sports stuff? I'm betting so.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Nothing will change my opinion of the XBone as long as the Kinect is still required. I refuse to let that THING into my home.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
RJ 17 said:
Nothing will change my opinion of the XBone as long as the Kinect is still required. I refuse to let that THING into my home.
Pretty much my opinion in this. Microsoft could show amazing games and I wouldn't care because it has a virus attached to its system. Same reason why I avoid PC EA games with origin.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
So it'll be; HALO, Halo, Halo. GEARS OF WAR, Halo, KINECT GAMES, Halo TV show, SPORTS, Call of Duty, MOCAP DOGS, Halo...

Or simoly; "We're here not to talk about TV... we're talking about MOVIES!"

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
Here's what I don't understand: so Microsoft didn't want to show too many games at the reveal. That's fine. Nothing wrong with showing off the technology side of your console.
That said, even though they were trying to emphasize the features rather than the games, they STILL fucked it up. I for one was quite interested in how the Kinect 2.0 would improve off the last, especially in terms of responsiveness. What did they tell us? That it would monitor my living room even when I didn't want it on, and that it a bunch of crappy voice commands that would probably trigger by accident when I try to have a conversation with someone. No demos, no footage, nothing. Just that they were shoving Big Brother into my house earlier than expected.

Secondly... Did they HONESTLY think that anyone who wasn't a gamer would give a fuck about this reveal? Did they think all the casual and non-gamers who didn't care at all about playing games were going to be watching this and decide they wanted some of it? I mean, REALLY?! All your loyal fans are begging for information and waiting for a taste of the future of gaming, and you tell them 'We don't care about you right now, we're trying to sell it to the people who aren't even paying attention to the reveal right now'?!

You don't reveal a GAMING console and ignore the games. If you want to pull in the masses, you talk about the functionality and all that extra crap WHEN THE FUCKING THING IS ABOUT TO COME OUT. Noone's going to stay giddy for months about a jack-of-all-trades media machine, much less one that burns a $600 size hole in your wallet. I mean, really... How much of that pays for the TV streaming and music player, and how much for the game CPU power?