Mighty No. 9 Release Delayed Yet Again

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Relevant

I wish this guy would just ditch the stupid multiplayer dream and just release the singleplayer already - for their sake. I am also VERY happy that I didn't give money to this thing.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
At this point, any this isn't news. It would be news if it wasn't dealyed for once.

If multiplayer is really the only thing holding them back, they really should have released the single player by now and patched in the MP later. If they can't split the game like that, it just enforces the message that this development cycle was mismanaged.
Aiddon said:
And this is why Inafune was never left in charge of anything at CAPCOM. Criminy, Igarashi's Bloodstained will be out before this game.
The Bloodstained 2 kickstarter could be out by the time MN9 is finished. And the stretch goals will have been already met on the merits people loved the first Bloodstained.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
truckspond said:
Relevant

I wish this guy would just ditch the stupid multiplayer dream and just release the singleplayer already - for their sake. I am also VERY happy that I didn't give money to this thing.
I find it ironic that you linked to a comic with a paragraph about the hypocrisy of people complaining about Kickstarted game delays, then go on to complain about a Kickstarted game being delayed.

Anyway, are people forgetting that Ocarina of Time was delayed for at least a year before it was finally released? Now the game has come and gone, and is largely remembered as a beloved classic. I'd rather wait another two years for MN9 to be a great game than to have them shove it out the door now for the sake of an arbitrary deadline and have it be a buggy mess. I have other games to play while I wait.

MazokuRanma

Oct 29, 2009
DemomanHusband said:
Ah, Comcept. Proving yet again that big name, big budget Kickstarter campaigns are the devil. I feel for whoever backed or pre-ordered this game, I eagerly await the day Keiji finally reveals that the whole thing was a pyramid scheme and that the only thing they'll get for their money is a t-shirt of the infamous MN9 Community Manager.
I backed this and I'm not particularly worried. I know going into each and every Kickstarter there's a risk the product may never exist, or there will large delays. There are so many games out already that I just keep playing those and I'll play this when it finally does release. People who get genuinely mad about Kickstarter delays and such really aren't the sort of people who should be using Kickstarter in the first place. It's not a preorder, it's a potential investment. You kick in some amount of money on the hopes you get something worthwhile, and there is no way you'll get a payout 100% of the time. If you don't want to take the risk, don't partake in the Kickstarter. If it's funded anyway, you can still buy the game at retail.

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
MazokuRanma said:
DemomanHusband said:
Ah, Comcept. Proving yet again that big name, big budget Kickstarter campaigns are the devil. I feel for whoever backed or pre-ordered this game, I eagerly await the day Keiji finally reveals that the whole thing was a pyramid scheme and that the only thing they'll get for their money is a t-shirt of the infamous MN9 Community Manager.
I backed this and I'm not particularly worried. I know going into each and every Kickstarter there's a risk the product may never exist, or there will large delays. There are so many games out already that I just keep playing those and I'll play this when it finally does release. People who get genuinely mad about Kickstarter delays and such really aren't the sort of people who should be using Kickstarter in the first place. It's not a preorder, it's a potential investment. You kick in some amount of money on the hopes you get something worthwhile, and there is no way you'll get a payout 100% of the time. If you don't want to take the risk, don't partake in the Kickstarter. If it's funded anyway, you can still buy the game at retail.
See, the implication that a Kickstarter is more akin to an investment is moot when the point of actually backing a kickstarter is to receive a product rather than a literal payout. There is such false advertising, blatant dishonesty, and mishandling of backer funding in almost every highly backed Kickstarter that you and anyone else who enable this sort of behavior from Kickstarter dependent developers are more akin to the 'Whales' that Free-To-Play games thrive off of than actual investors. I know this probably sounds rude, but after dealing with several friends of mine who refuse to believe Keiji Inafune, Tim Schafer, and others like them would be so crass as to go into the business of begging for money simply for the sake of getting as much money as possible rather than for the sake of making a good product, I've become rather annoyed with Kickstarter enablers.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Kickstarter vaporware. I'm sure eventually it will release, but damn is it abusing the hell out of customer goodwill, which seems like a form of domestic abuse.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I have lost any and all interest in this game what so ever. I love mega-man, but I keep forgetting about this game until it's delayed. I think they should release the game in the best state possible, but pushing back the deadlines over and over again, makes this game like Diakatana. By the time it comes out it's gonna feel like a 3 or 4 year old game. From the screen shots I really really don't get whats taking so long.

MazokuRanma

Oct 29, 2009
DemomanHusband said:
MazokuRanma said:
DemomanHusband said:
See, the implication that a Kickstarter is more akin to an investment is moot when the point of actually backing a kickstarter is to receive a product rather than a literal payout. There is such false advertising, blatant dishonesty, and mishandling of backer funding in almost every highly backed Kickstarter that you and anyone else who enable this sort of behavior from Kickstarter dependent developers are more akin to the 'Whales' that Free-To-Play games thrive off of than actual investors. I know this probably sounds rude, but after dealing with several friends of mine who refuse to believe Keiji Inafune, Tim Schafer, and others like them would be so crass as to go into the business of begging for money simply for the sake of getting as much money as possible rather than for the sake of making a good product, I've become rather annoyed with Kickstarter enablers.
See, I just don't see it the same way. The product is the payout for the investment, and sometimes that simply doesn't pan it out, be it with hedge funds or Kickstarters. I also do believe that these people truly want to make good games, though I also believe they're motivated by profit as well. I've received dozens of cool products through Kickstarter at this point, and only a handful of failures, because I'm careful with my backed projects. Even for those failures I considered them higher risk ventures and pledged less money, but sometimes I find it worth the chance of losing money to give someone the opportunity to make a cool game.

It's also worth noting that Kickstarter is for more than video games. There are all sorts of cool creative projects on there, and I'm ok losing money one some when so many come out well. The ones I'm backing, at least. Plus, it's not like you need Kickstarter to milk people for money. Star Citizen may have started there, but the vast majority of funding has been straight into their coffers.