HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
I loved how it was so high and so deep that it started to fade into "blue"

also...

forguet star trek!, i want all the gundams

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
Well bugger me sideways, that's crazy. That dude deserves a cookie and a half. The time and dedication that must've taken is madness.

Kudos, random crazy person, kudos

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
All I can think is this guy has far too much time on his hands, despite how epic it may be.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
this is even more epic than Colombia. if someone builds a giantic version of pedobear out of dirt, my life would be complete.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Seeing that all I can think of is that I want to build this....
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99741-Mass-Effect-Fan-Builds-Amazing-LEGO-Normandy

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Man I can just see some competitive Starwars geek building a 1:1 Death Star in minecraft now.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Okay, I just started paying attention.

What is this game, where do I get it, how much does it cost? Because...

icyneesan said:
Man I can just see some competitive Starwars geek building a 1:1 Death Star in minecraft now.
...yeah, I am SO there.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Huuuuge. Minecrafters are getting more insane as time goes, always going bigger and bigger.

Very cool.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
I don't think he needs to worry about it catching fire because only wood and plants are vulnerable to it.

Though minecraft does need custom vehicles. Build an engine out of iron and redstone, and make the body yourself.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
icyneesan said:
Ninja'd. Anyway, since someone else is making Columbia, what about a Minecraft version of City 17/The Citadel?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
An Imperial Star Destroyer has a length of 1600 meters while the Enterprise-D has a length of 642.5 meters.
What about a Victory Class? Only 900 meters!

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
An Imperial Star Destroyer has a length of 1600 meters while the Enterprise-D has a length of 642.5 meters.
I don't actually know how large the Minecraft worlds are, but that might fit. However, the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer is the image of a Star Destroyer. Making a model of any other class just wouldn't have the same impact.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Eldritch Warlord said:
Baby Tea said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
I don't actually know how large the Minecraft worlds are, but that might fit. However, the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer is the image of a Star Destroyer. Making a model of any other class just wouldn't have the same impact.
If it was made in an Alpha world it would fit, with the Alpha being limitless. But without a hack or mod mining all those blocks would be torture.

Sheol

Aug 29, 2010
The Enterprise was faked, it was imported with a mod from someone else's structural model. That's why he "needs help with filling it in."

In Minecraft length is not an issue as the world randomly generates up to 3x the size of earth (Though that would be a killer on the hardware), but there is a limit of 128 blocks vertically, with 64 being sea level. (better understood: -64 as bottom, 0 as sealevel, +64 as top)

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Baby Tea said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
Fuck the ISD and VSD, we just need the Executor.
19 fucking kilometers long

If someone made that, it would be able to house every Minecraft Player on the planet.

zwober

Nov 20, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Wow, I cant wait to see what it's like when it's done. You should do a follow up article if he makes a vid when he finishes.

EDIT: Seeing as it will be predominately made of metal (or rock if he just wants the color) then I doubt it will burn.

to get some color on it, id actually use cotton as base-white.. then again, would one want star-trek original gray, or the lensflared-star-trek that was released a while ago ?

im just happy that i found my first record today.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Is it really geeky to have to catch one's own breath at that part of the video where the guy walks in underneath the saucer section?

Seriously, I never truly appreciated the scale until I saw this video...

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
Sheol said:
The Enterprise was faked, it was imported with a mod from someone else's structural model. That's why he "needs help with filling it in."
How do you know that?

OT:...*picks jaw from the floor*

FeralCentaur said:
I'll just make a Borg ship, much easier to make since well...it's a cube.
don't forget the inner structures...