Minecraft Player Needs Help Building Scale Star Trek Enterprise

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Baby Tea said:
Eldritch Warlord said:
An Imperial Star Destroyer has a length of 1600 meters while the Enterprise-D has a length of 642.5 meters.
What about a Victory Class? Only 900 meters!
Fuck the ISD and VSD, we just need the Executor.
19 fucking kilometers long

If someone made that, it would be able to house every Minecraft Player on the planet.
That would be the Minecraft equivalent of the Great Wall of China, how many dead Minecraft Players would be buried in it's foundations?

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Who want's to come make the Death Star with me?
OT: That's pretty awesome... I'm not much of a Star Trek fan but you have to admire the craftsmanship...

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Eldritch Warlord said:
Ossian said:
Hawk of Battle said:
jwien001 said:
That's... that's insane. I'm not a Star Trek fan, but this is still the coolest thing I have seen yet in Minecraft. Anyone wanna start work on a 1-1 scale Star Destroyer?
There isn't a world big enough to house a 1-1 Star Destroyer. You could make a small one though, and I'm kind've surprsied nobody's made a miniture Deathstar yet.

This though, is totally awesome, if completely insane.
Judging on how big a star wars shuttle is compared to the docking bay... Star destroyers wouldn't be that much larger than the enterprise.

So yeah...
An Imperial Star Destroyer has a length of 1600 meters while the Enterprise-D has a length of 642.5 meters.
Can't believe I'm going to argue this...
The Star Destroyer designation was usually used for warships ranging from about 500 meters[8][9] to about 3.8 kilometers in length
From wookieepedia. It depends on which one we're talking about.

oranger

May 27, 2008
binvjoh said:
Dayuum. I look forward to seeing more crazy stuff in the following months.

..Rapture, anyone?
I dunno...I have a hard time building underwater and have yet to figure out how to remove water from an underwater structure without resorting to those sponges...Or buckets LOL (5 years later I clear out a handful of rooms)

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Ossian said:
Can't believe I'm going to argue this...
The Star Destroyer designation was usually used for warships ranging from about 500 meters[8][9] to about 3.8 kilometers in length
From wookieepedia. It depends on which one we're talking about.
Imperial II-class, the "classic" Star Destroyer.

Ed.

Jan 14, 2010
ShadowKatt said:
Okay, I just started paying attention.

What is this game, where do I get it, how much does it cost? Because...

icyneesan said:
Man I can just see some competitive Starwars geek building a 1:1 Death Star in minecraft now.
...yeah, I am SO there.
10? or free if you just want the sandbox mode
http://www.minecraft.net/

jwien001 said:
That's... that's insane. I'm not a Star Trek fan, but this is still the coolest thing I have seen yet in Minecraft. Anyone wanna start work on a 1-1 scale Star Destroyer?
I'm soo up for that do we have a server up for hosting but 128 isnt tall enough i dont think as each block is 1m^3

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
Hawk of Battle said:
jwien001 said:
There isn't a world big enough to house a 1-1 Star Destroyer. You could make a small one though, and I'm kind've surprsied nobody's made a miniture Deathstar yet.

This though, is totally awesome, if completely insane.
Trust me, the world is big enough if you do some serious mining and clearing out of the floor. The World that Minecraft can generate before it becomes to large for it to handle is 8x the size of our World assuming 1 block is 1 metre cubed.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Hawk of Battle said:
There isn't a world big enough to house a 1-1 Star Destroyer. You could make a small one though
Beat me to it. With my hours of play, I've only generated approximately .0002% of what is possible, and my map is so huge I'll never really use all of that. I just like wandering off and exploring.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
If someone would organize the construction of a 1-1 Death Star, I would absolutely be there.

I'd probably be there for a Star Destroyer, too.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
oranger said:
binvjoh said:

..Rapture, anyone?
I dunno...I have a hard time building underwater and have yet to figure out how to remove water from an underwater structure without resorting to those sponges...Or buckets LOL (5 years later I clear out a handful of rooms)
You use sponges, block of where the water is coming from, the remove the sponges. Ta-dah.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
binvjoh said:
oranger said:
binvjoh said:

..Rapture, anyone?
You use sponges, block of where the water is coming from, the remove the sponges. Ta-dah.
There are several ways to go about building underwater. My preferred method is to create an outline of my underwater base using dirt. Then I cover the dirt with glass or whatever I wish to build my underwater base with. Then I dig under the class wall and begin carving out the interior of my base.

Sheol

Aug 29, 2010
Nocta-Aeterna said:
Sheol said:
The Enterprise was faked, it was imported with a mod from someone else's structural model. That's why he "needs help with filling it in."
How do you know that?

OT:...*picks jaw from the floor*
Nocta-Aeterna said:
Sheol said:
The Enterprise was faked, it was imported with a mod from someone else's structural model. That's why he "needs help with filling it in."
How do you know that?

Post someone posted up evidence on Reddit, with the program, and the model he used.

But, this is even more impressive:
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/09/28/working-computer-mad.html

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Sheol said:
Nocta-Aeterna said:
Sheol said:
How do you know that?

Nocta-Aeterna said:
Sheol said:
How do you know that?

Post someone posted up evidence on Reddit, with the program, and the model he used.

But, this is even more impressive:
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/09/28/working-computer-mad.html
That was beyond belief....Wow...and that's only 16 bits. It boggled my mind how we have processors. That huge structure scaled down to a millionth of the size.

Aray7

Oct 1, 2010
hal i would love to help you create this amazing ship.please give me a chance to help.