Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Overview

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
3,422
0
0
Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Overview

Minecraft comes to the console.

Read Full Article
 

Epona

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2020
4,221
0
41
Country
United States
So there is no peaceful mode in the 360 version. I'll wait until it gets one because having creepers blowing up my creations is not my idea of fun.
 

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
3,642
0
0
Crono1973 said:
So there is no peaceful mode in the 360 version. I'll wait until it gets one because having creepers blowing up my creations is not my idea of fun.
Actually Peaceful mode is in there. It is in the settings.

I am actually pissed off with the price. Here in Canada a $20 point card only gives 1400 points instead of the full 1600. This is annoying. VERY annoying. I am hoping some generous person will Send me money Via paypal for it cause I can't shell out for two $20 cards... But that will never happen.
 

Epona

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2020
4,221
0
41
Country
United States
Solo-Wing said:
Crono1973 said:
So there is no peaceful mode in the 360 version. I'll wait until it gets one because having creepers blowing up my creations is not my idea of fun.
Actually Peaceful mode is in there. It is in the settings.

I am actually pissed off with the price. Here in Canada a $20 point card only gives 1400 points instead of the full 1600. This is annoying. VERY annoying.
Peaceful mode isn't here in the demo. Did you buy it, are you sure it's there in the full version?
 

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
3,642
0
0
Crono1973 said:
Solo-Wing said:
Crono1973 said:
So there is no peaceful mode in the 360 version. I'll wait until it gets one because having creepers blowing up my creations is not my idea of fun.
Actually Peaceful mode is in there. It is in the settings.

I am actually pissed off with the price. Here in Canada a $20 point card only gives 1400 points instead of the full 1600. This is annoying. VERY annoying.
Peaceful mode isn't here in the demo. Did you buy it, are you sure it's there in the full version?
It is in the demo.
Go to Help and Options then Settings. At the very bottom of the menu.
 

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
16,509
0
1
I can only afford the free trial at the moment, but I've enjoyed what I've been able to do in the trial. Many of my friends have already bought the game and love it So it's definitely on my list of games to get.(although I would have bought the PC version ages ago if I had a half decent PC)
 

Epona

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2020
4,221
0
41
Country
United States
Solo-Wing said:
Crono1973 said:
Solo-Wing said:
Crono1973 said:
So there is no peaceful mode in the 360 version. I'll wait until it gets one because having creepers blowing up my creations is not my idea of fun.
Actually Peaceful mode is in there. It is in the settings.

I am actually pissed off with the price. Here in Canada a $20 point card only gives 1400 points instead of the full 1600. This is annoying. VERY annoying.
Peaceful mode isn't here in the demo. Did you buy it, are you sure it's there in the full version?
It is in the demo.
Go to Help and Options then Settings. At the very bottom of the menu.
You're right, but that slider wasn't there yesterday.
 

DEAD34345

New member
Aug 18, 2010
1,929
0
0
Either me and my little brother are doing something horribly wrong, or this review has a glaring omission. Is the world supposed to be tiny?

I found there were invisible walls if you tried to wander in any direction at all after a pretty short time, the world was only as big as the map you receive at the start in fact. This is a big issue for me, as it removes a lot of the fun I had just exploring and setting up distant bases in the PC version, so it's something people should really be made aware of.
 

octafish

New member
Apr 23, 2010
5,137
0
0
Lunncal said:
Either me and my little brother are doing something horribly wrong, or this review has a glaring omission. Is the world supposed to be tiny?

I found there were invisible walls if you tried to wander in any direction at all after a pretty short time, the world was only as big as the map you receive at the start in fact. This is a big issue for me, as it removes a lot of the fun I had just exploring and setting up distant bases in the PC version, so it's something people should really be made aware of.
That can't right can it? Exploration was 80% of the single player game for me.

hat I want to know is does it still use Java? I'd love a PC version that was optimised better than Java allows.
 

funcooker11811

New member
Apr 27, 2012
37
0
0
Will there ever be a patch to allow the old crafting system? Cycling through a bunch of recipes is nowhere near as fun as the old system of, you know, crafting things.
 

xplosive59

New member
Jul 20, 2009
969
0
0
My younger brother bought this as all his friends have 360's and not very good computers. Im pretty impressed with it actually, it isnt as good as the PC version but the controls are good, and the online is much more streamlined so there is no need to set up hamachi or anything to play with friends. Also the split screen mode is cool, that is something that it has over the PC version.
 

DEAD34345

New member
Aug 18, 2010
1,929
0
0
octafish said:
Lunncal said:
Either me and my little brother are doing something horribly wrong, or this review has a glaring omission. Is the world supposed to be tiny?

I found there were invisible walls if you tried to wander in any direction at all after a pretty short time, the world was only as big as the map you receive at the start in fact. This is a big issue for me, as it removes a lot of the fun I had just exploring and setting up distant bases in the PC version, so it's something people should really be made aware of.
That can't right can it? Exploration was 80% of the single player game for me.

hat I want to know is does it still use Java? I'd love a PC version that was optimised better than Java allows.
Didn't believe it myself at first, but there it is. Walk no more than a minute or so in any direction from the spawn point and you just get halted by invisible walls. My brother (who is the one who actually bought it) seems to be happy enough just to be able to play with his friends over Xbox live on it, but if it were me I'd be pretty annoyed.

From what I gather the port is in C++ by the way, and it does seem to perform far better on the Xbox than on my (slightly) more powerful PC. I've no idea how much of that is just the result of limiting the features so much as opposed to an improved code-base, though.
 

WanderingFool

New member
Apr 9, 2009
3,991
0
0
Baught this game and Im having a blast. Wish I could get the PC version, but my credit card is apparently not good enough for Notch.
 

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
1,431
0
0
To be honest, the LACK of the pointless villages with stupid villagers is actually a selling point for me. The villagers are really the one addition to Minecraft that kinda ruined the experience for me. The villages themselves actually helped in my opinion. They were empty and lifeless, telling a story in themselves that this is abandoned world for some reason we don't know. And then... stupid squidwards.
 

Grey Day for Elcia

New member
Jan 15, 2012
1,773
0
0
No mods, no custom maps, no adventure worlds, no texture packs, no random towns and the map size is tiny to account for the very old Xbox 360 hardware--so small in fact, that it is quite easy to walk from one side of the map to the other (invisible walls) within minutes.
 

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
1,107
0
0
Solo-Wing said:
Crono1973 said:
So there is no peaceful mode in the 360 version. I'll wait until it gets one because having creepers blowing up my creations is not my idea of fun.
Actually Peaceful mode is in there. It is in the settings.

I am actually pissed off with the price. Here in Canada a $20 point card only gives 1400 points instead of the full 1600. This is annoying. VERY annoying. I am hoping some generous person will Send me money Via paypal for it cause I can't shell out for two $20 cards... But that will never happen.
Is Bing Rewards available in Canada? I've gotten a grand total of 6800 MS points in the last year. It's helpful for rounding out those uneven balances. Also, I've gotten 840 MS points from Xbox rewards. They've actually financed a full game, several arcade titles, and many DLC packs.

Check it out if you haven't already. Link. [http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=35D3AB83-0BD2-4D65-B90C-6905F9FBFB0B]
 

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
3,642
0
0
subtlefuge said:
Solo-Wing said:
Crono1973 said:
So there is no peaceful mode in the 360 version. I'll wait until it gets one because having creepers blowing up my creations is not my idea of fun.
Actually Peaceful mode is in there. It is in the settings.

I am actually pissed off with the price. Here in Canada a $20 point card only gives 1400 points instead of the full 1600. This is annoying. VERY annoying. I am hoping some generous person will Send me money Via paypal for it cause I can't shell out for two $20 cards... But that will never happen.
Is Bing Rewards available in Canada? I've gotten a grand total of 6800 MS points in the last year. It's helpful for rounding out those uneven balances. Also, I've gotten 840 MS points from Xbox rewards. They've actually financed a full game, several arcade titles, and many DLC packs.

Check it out if you haven't already. Link. [http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=35D3AB83-0BD2-4D65-B90C-6905F9FBFB0B]
Nope. American only. Again same problem. I cannot buy 2 cards. Yet alone one. I am broke T.T
 

Denamic

New member
Aug 19, 2009
3,804
0
0
Crono1973 said:
So there is no peaceful mode in the 360 version. I'll wait until it gets one because having creepers blowing up my creations is not my idea of fun.
Peaceful mode is a difficulty setting, not a separate game mode.
 

Storm Dragon

New member
Nov 29, 2011
477
0
0
Having been a console gamer for most of my life, I have to ask: Is this the smug sense of superiority that PC gamers feel all the time? Because I could get used to it.