Minecraft's Official Skyrim Pack Fus-Ro-Dah's Into Your Block World

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Minecraft's Official Skyrim Pack Fus-Ro-Dah's Into Your Block World

Minecraft 360 Edition's Skyrim DLC includes all the textures, skins, and music needed to make your character feel like a true Dovahkiin.

Minecraft 360 Edition may not support large-scale fictional landscapes like <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118296-Update-Minecraft-Renders-Stunning-Game-of-Thrones-Screenshots>Westeros or <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111920-Minecraft-Middle-Earth-Will-Melt-Your-Mind>Middle-Earth, but it still has some pretty unique features. For example, 4J Studios has recently begun offering licensed "mash-up" packs that combine Minecraft with other game worlds, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127387-Minecraft-Meets-Mass-Effect-In-Xbox-Exclusive-DLC>starting with BioWare's Mass Effect. For its latest mash-up, 4J is aiming even higher with Skyrim, another game praised for both its epic scope <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122826-Minecrafts-Ender-Dragon-Trailer-Invades-Xbox-Live>and prominent use of dragons as boss characters.

Sadly, the Minecraft/Skyrim mash-up still can't render an entire continent within an Xbox 360. That said, it will offer just about everything else that makes us think of Nords and Stormcloaks. The pack includes Skyrim textures for new and existing Minecraft worlds, Skyrim's musical soundtrack, new menus and UI images, and 40 Skyrim character skins. These skins cover everything from male and female Dragonborns, to Imperial and Stormcloak Soldiers, Necromancers, Dragon Priests, and even Khajiit Merchants. Minecraft's gameplay remains the same as the Xbox 360 Edition, but the mash-up will feature a single pre-made world encompassing Whiterun, Riverwood, and Bleak Falls Barrow to help orient you to the new content.

With a promised release date of "soon", the Minecraft Skyrim mash-up can eventually be found at Xbox Live for $4. Just like the Mass Effect mash-up, a free trial will be made available that allows players to view Skyrim content without the ability to save their creations.

[gallery=1858]

Now if only we could start getting these mash-ups to the PC version. Be honest: For the chance of an official Skyrim continent populated with Minecraft dragons, you'd take an arrow to the knee, wouldn't you?

Source: Bethesda Blog

Rutskarn

Feb 20, 2010
Kalezian said:
Fanghawk said:
Now if only we could start getting these mash-ups to the PC version. Be honest: For the chance of an official Skyrim continent populated with Minecraft dragons, you'd take an arrow to the knee, wouldn't you?
This comes from an old norse saying which basically meant getting married.
Probably not. Besides the original posting (which cites no sources), nobody's been able to find any kind of verification for this.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
If only we got these mash-ups for the PC version, they'd be little more than mods. In fact, they'd be less than mods, since there's mods that does some seriously awesome shit, and this is just a texture and music pack.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I did not like Skyrim, but do like minecraft, can I get this on PC?

Ninja_Bob117

May 7, 2013
And for the PC we have the very nice Ozos Texture pack
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/ozos-texture-pack/
and the [WIP] The Ender Scrolls - Skyrimcraft 2 Mod
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1686825-wip-the-ender-scrolls-skyrimcraft-003/

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
Fanghawk said:
With a promised release date of "soon", the Minecraft Skyrim mash-up can eventually be found at Xbox Live for $4.
My reaction upon reading this:

Now I think I'll go play the PC version with thousands upon thousands of free texture packs.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well Minecraft on consoles is really getting into it's strides now, locked platforms are the shit for content hustlers.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Interesting partnership; didn't Bethesda contemplate suing Mojang not too long ago?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Kalezian said:
Fanghawk said:
This comes from an old norse saying which basically meant getting married.
As an actual Norse man; no, that's just some bullshit the internet came up with.

OT: Looks cool, but I won't be getting it. Haven't played Minecraft in over half a year since I can't figure out what the hell to build. :(

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I called this, when the mash up pack for Mass Effect came out I knew Skyrim would be one of the next games to get one.

For people who love minecraft, but don't have a computer that can stably run Minecraft, the 360 version is great.
Runs like a charm and I don't have to worry about walking too far from spawn and melting my machine.

Can't wait to see the Skyrim Pack in my world.

Try and tell me 360 Minecraft isn't as awesome.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Errrmmm.... Who praised Skyrim's dragons? Everybody I know said that they were extremely dissappointing, no different than a normal encounter, poor AI, glitchy as hell and no challenge at all.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
Haha, Minecraft DLCs... that's great... thanks but no thanks... I'll stick to any mod on the internet that I can get for free on PC that adds 10x more than that.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
To everyone saying "LOL charging for consolecraft DLC? I'll just go play on my PC for free mods kthxbai", cut us console players some slack, will ya? Yes, we all know that MC has been around on computer way longer than on consoles. Yes, we all know that because of that there's a literal fuck-ton of FREE mods out there for the PC Master Race. But guess what?

EightGaugeHippo said:
For people who love minecraft, but don't have a computer that can stably run Minecraft, the 360 version is great.
Runs like a charm and I don't have to worry about walking too far from spawn and melting my machine.
Hippo has a point, not all of us have a computer that can run games on it, as such we stick to consoles. I'm certain that if we could all afford to have great game-running PCs, we'd all be playing the "real" version of MC and drowning in free mods as well, but for a lot of us that's just not an option.

OT: You had me at "play as a Dragon Priest". Fuckin' love those guys. :p

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Maiev Shadowsong said:
No, no. Nordic as in the Nords of Elder Scrolls. It's an old expression in their culture.
That has never really been suggested in the game either. to my knowledge. It's just a throw-away line that became popular on the Internet.

And the rumor that's going around on the Internet is definitely about real-life Scandinavia, and also entirely false.