Miracle of Sound: Duke You Used to be Cool (Duke Nukem)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
Question:
Do you use a real drummer or a drum machine? (Maybe you even play them yourself, I dunno).
I have single drum hit samples which I copy and paste into the patterns I need using Cubase.

It is very time consuming :D

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Sunrider84 said:
Question:
Do you use a real drummer or a drum machine? (Maybe you even play them yourself, I dunno).
I have single drum hit samples which I copy and paste into the patterns I need using Cubase.

It is very time consuming :D
Really? I bet it is.

Damn, I wish I lived in Ireland, I'd record the drums for you FREE OF CHARGE! Or, you know, just for fun. Because it would be fun!

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
When you said it was thrash metal on the Facebook page, I got a bit worried because I hate metal. But I am very pleased at the absence of growling and screaming.

Also, any idea when Sweet L.A. will be on Bandcamp/iTunes? Can't wait to get that one.

ManStapler

Jul 13, 2009
Why, why do I have to verify my age? It makes no sense, I'm a registered user, you already have my age, this would only make sense if you didn't have it, but you do!

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Am I the only one entering random dates simply because I can't be bothered?

Anyway, loved the song. Too bad the game wasn't as good, though.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Pretty neat. Not too fond of the super dry sounding guitars, faster riffs with that sound tend to rub me the wrong way, but now I'm just nitpicking.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
As much as I love DNF, this song is too true. Except for the beer thing. Dude, Duke Nukem is the most influential guy in the entire world in DNF. Just imagine what that'd do to the beer.

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
I like the music, but... I'm sorry, I couldn't listen to any more of it after "You're an out of date, redundant sacred cow." That line is so awkward, even to read.

But I liked the music a lot more than previous vids (at least what I had heard before getting to that line, anyway).

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I found myself headbanging.

All that's left for you to do is some crunkcore. But I don't know if even you could even make that sound good.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well that sounded good, even tho i don't usually like heavier stuff, if you can call it that. I did like the lighter parts of the song more, i guess.
But some parts of that video were pretty disturbing. Lovely.

Charmi the ninja

May 28, 2011
wow! you guys totally blew me away this time. that song was better than the game. Still haven't bothered completing dnf. However, the video does make the game look better than it plays. Well done guys! Ten points to the entire team!

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Duke Nukem used to be cool? No, he was never cool, he was a mysoginistic cockhead and people didn't know any better, I've played Duke nukem 3D, he had no personality beyond the one-liners and the new game faithfully maintained that, he is not a parody, he is delivered with a straight face and the people around him simply constructed the claim of parody to justify him.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
MiracleOfSound said:
JustaGigolo said:
I like Duke, despite what the Bangwaggon says.
I like Duke too, which is kind of the point of the song.

It's about how he still has the potential to be great again.
i've never played a duke nukem game what's the problem with it?(besides the weapon limit and the regenerating sheilds)

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
werewolfsfury said:
MiracleOfSound said:
JustaGigolo said:
I like Duke, despite what the Bangwaggon says.
I like Duke too, which is kind of the point of the song.

It's about how he still has the potential to be great again.
i've never played a duke nukem game what's the problem with it?(besides the weapon limit and the regenerating sheilds)
That's the problem. DNF, while being enjoyable, doesn't know what it wants to be. Does it want to be a return to old-school FPSes? Is it wanting to be a modern FPS with the Duke Nukem style? What?