Miracle of Sound: Silver and Steel (The Witcher 2)

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I think the chorus could do with being two lines longer, but otherwise that was a good one. Reminds me of a Polish Age of the Dragon.

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
OH YEAH, NEW MIRACLE OF SOUND.
I love this one, and it coincides with me playing through The Witcher 1 again. Have you read any of the books that the game is based off, Mr Dunne?

Herrsunk

Apr 2, 2011
Whenever you release the more folky-rock-metal (or whatever it can be called) songs I get moist.

In a good way, not the sticky way.

Plough on, good sir. Plough on.

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
Absolutely amazing song. Which is what I say pretty much every time you release a new song, but the fact that you manage to blow my mind so consistently is truly testament to your greatness.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Oh, Gav, you shouldn't have!

Man I love when you do things like this. Catchy, singable, and capable of being played loud on a road trip. Oh yes.

I appear to enjoy giving you money more consistently than anything else, my Paypal account tells me. I'm okay with this.

Daniel Laeben-Rosen

Jun 9, 2010
Loved this song... One thing I can't get over, which is a "take this as you will" but the opening really reminded me of the Monkey Island theme. I don't mean this as a negative, just something about the guitar's melody made me think "Monkey Island!".
... So now I gotta go play those games again.

TheBestPieEver

Dec 13, 2011
... Thanks Gav, now everyone in the streets will be asking me why I just keep saying "Silver and steel".
Anyways, if I could ask you something: What would you recommend me to buy? Level 1 or Press X to Rock? I am really interested in acquiring most of your songs.
PS: Both is a valid answer to the question.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I have to admit I've taken no notice of any videos other than ZP for a year or more now, but boredom led me to the podcast, and the podcast led me to "holy shit, what's that awesome song?". Time to catch up, 'cos this is legitimately one of the best songs I've heard this year.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TheBestPieEver said:
... Thanks Gav, now everyone in the streets will be asking me why I just keep saying "Silver and steel".
Anyways, if I could ask you something: What would you recommend me to buy? Level 1 or Press X to Rock? I am really interested in acquiring most of your songs.
PS: Both is a valid answer to the question.
Level one has all 33 songs I made last year so that's probably the better choice :)

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I'm goingto be honest and say that I didn't enjoy it at first. After a few times though, I've come to enjoy it greatly.

danirax

Jan 11, 2011
Srebro i stal = Silver and permanent (according to google translated from korean)
also means silver and steel if you translate it from polish......
or silver I was/stood/cost and a bunch of other wierd combinations in other languages....

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
I couldn't shake the weird sense that the main hook sounds vaguely pirate-y, but I have to say it grew on me. I think I really understand the character depsite having played the game.

Good job!

TotalerKrieger

Nov 12, 2011
I have had this f-ing song stuck in my head for nearly a week now...make it stop. I will pay you.

It is almost as mindnumbingly catchy as their Commander Shepard song. Keep em' coming.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
don't wanna nag or anything but it's pronounced srebro ee stal. heard srebro y/i stal

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
Every time I check the escapist I have to listen to this - I think my favourite of the recent songs is Crucible but this one is drawing me back time and time again. Nicely done!